Doug vs. Jeff

Ski

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Rob, you really don't know anything about how this works.

http://www.nastar.com/index.jsp?pagename=r...43946&year=2006

It's a very inexact science, for sure.

Must you always be so freakin condesending -- I know Nastar race results and have studied them profusely. I am saying that as a race day goes that the it is clear to me that the results (handicaps and medaling) are very different (higher) than other typical race days at many other resorts.. The scores (handicaps) appear to be disporportionatly high compared to other race days. You are not Racings gift to critiques, so please get off your high horse.

If any of you doubt me, then go race at a different Nastar course and I will bet that your handicaps will be consistently lower.

Edited by Papasteeze

Must you always be so freakin condesending -- I know Nastar race results and have studied them profusely. I am saying that as a race day goes that the it is clear to me that the results (handicaps and medaling) are very different (higher) than other typical race days at many other resorts.. The scores (handicaps) appear to be disporportionatly high compared to other race days. You are not Racings gift to critiques, so please get off your high horse.

Rob, it's not really hard to understand, period.

An "official" high handicapper (22 HC) runs a 16 HC run. That means they were "smoking" but really it was normal. That means everyone elses HC's are really high.

I hope that all of you added PASR as your club team. DO IT - if you have done so yet.

Bite me.

naaa you probably like that kind of stuff from guys. i already give you enough jollies.

Rob, it's not really hard to understand, period.

An "official" high handicapper (22 HC) runs a 16 HC run. That means they were "smoking" but really it was normal. That means everyone elses HC's are really high.

then that "official" handicap is wrong.. there are ways to have it corrected. If they continue to run 16's then it should be and can be adjusted to reflect a "bad pace set"

Good work, Doug, excellent first try! With a little focus on turns, you will close the gap with Atomic. And, good work keeping your rival in line, '999.

The handicapping looked a bit though, but what are you guys complaining about? A female handicapper? Where are the comments about how hot she was? :confused

Great news, Doug. You got a medal and the incentive to come back for more. Terrific night all around. And now you're probably hooked on racing.

We tried doing NASTAR last year after hearing about it on this site. Funny story about that.....one of my very first posts on this board asked about how to do NASTAR and two members got into a really bad fight in their responses. The topic got locked before I could even post a "thanks" for the information.

When we did our first NASTAR the rest of the family all got medals but my time was dreadful. It was a real eye opener that I needed to work on my turns.

It was good fun last night! It's been a while, but I managed to ALMOST keep up with Doug :).

Anywho, I think I'll make it a thursday night occurence to race at Blue.

I dunno Greg... I don't see any Dougs on the PASR team. Hmmm. contrubutes lots of posts, but wont contribute any points. In my eyes, if he is not on the team contributing points then you are well past him. :yes

http://www.nastar.com/index.jsp?pagename=t...b&teamname=PASR

BTW - I am betting that we can do quite well as a club in the Nastar ranking. I will be racing next week at BC if the course is open, or CB if it is open and timing works out between the 1/2 pipe comp

Funny story about that.....one of my very first posts on this board asked about how to do NASTAR and two members got into a really bad fight in their responses. The topic got locked before I could even post a "thanks" for the information.

I am sorry that some of our members love Nastar so much that it makes others downplay it equally as much :devil: Nice to have you aboard. That's a great memory point!

Edited by Papasteeze

Nice job to everyone who participated. Let's keep in mind that NASTAR is supposed to be fun. Those who were there, from the looks of it had a great time.

A recurring theme developed early: someone would crash really hard in the frozen slush, or the too small finish area that didn't allow you to safely stop (not Blue's fault, just the snow conditions). We would laugh really loudly and cheer. Then, "Are you okay, dude?"

Mbike-ski probably had the fanciest crash, exiting the finish area between the netting at nearly full speed; Jeff took first for most crashes at the same spot on the course; Think apparently scared the watchers the best by wiping out toward them, but the fence stopped him. And I admit I fell down on Lazy Mile trying to check my watch heading to my Jeep.

What what? Yeah, Doug doesn't mind telling a 16 yr old girl that she doesn't have anything to worry about because he knows she's jailbate. :o

That, folks, is what NASTAR is all about, IMO.

I thought that when you had a NASTAR team only the best # number of people contributed points to it.

"Only the top point gainers from each team will be used to score points for their team (6 for Family/Friends Teams, 15 for Resort Teams, 15 for Club Teams). The number of team points earned by these top point gainers are added together and divided by the number of top point gainers (6 or 15) to get the Team Score."

So, unless Doug is in the top 15, it makes no difference to the PASR team if he elects to put himself in it or not.

I'm not on the PASR team and don't plan to be. Once I saw last year that my personal information was listed, I "unjoined".

Yeah thats right PapaSmurf..I mean Steeze... :nana I'm contributing lots of posts but no points. I'm doing Nastar as an individual thing like I said earlier. If I ski awesome one day and get a gold medal that's my accomplishment not PASRs. What does being the best club in the Nastar ranking mean? Is it like monopoly money?

I guess I don't understand, you say PASR is great but don't want to join a club racing team? I dunno, it just sounds really selfish to not contribute any points.

unless Doug is in the top 15, it makes no difference to the PASR team if he elects to put himself in it or not.

Yeah - youre probably right, he probably isn't a good enough racer to contribute any points anyhow :P

Is "1" another word for *sshead? :confused

Not sure, I think he edited his post as that was like One Strike maybe?

Doug please explain, if it is a huge privacy issue, I understand on the other hand - we know just about everything about you, so really, why not help the team out? PA gets looked down upon. It would be nice to show that our "club" rates well comparitively amongst other racing clubs comparitively.

Any points are good points. I think I can contribute 4 or 5. Hopefully I will find out today.