Blue Tonight

n0xidee

today at Blue was great but tonight started to suck with all of the ski clubs that came up and the kids going through the park that shouldnt be there. i dont know how many time i can cut off while hitting stuff or how many kids just ran into me because they dont know how to stop yet. IF YOU CANT FREAKIN SKI/BOARD THEN GET YOUR ASS OFF OF SIDEWINDER. thats how people get hurt. its rediculous. everything was perfect until while i was hitting the flat-down-flat rail some awesome 16 year old snowboarder (who is probably sponsered by Hell because he got some sick air off of the lip to the rail) cut me off as i was jumping on to the rail and i fell. i'm tired of people being places where they dont belong. it would be like me going down raceway when the race team is practicing.... i dont do it... and neither should they. its rediculous and i'm tired of it.

another thing. on the first jump on sidewinder i waited to drop and when i did i called it. of course that means NOTHING to somebody who sucks at life and skis sidewinder as a slalom course. they seemed to have a brilliant idea that skiing behind the lips of the jumps and onto the landings would be a fun game to play... until i did a 180 and landed on them. again... if you dont know what the hell you are doing in the park then get out. its not a place to watch people who know what they are diong and mess them up because you suck, its a place for people who know what they are doing to progress and get better. if you want to ski sidewinder.. learn to hit stuff in the lower park first. if you want to ski sidewinder as a trail. dont. there are 30 other trails that you can use. let me have my one. and you can have your 30.

sorry for rambling... but i'm pissed

today at Blue was great but tonight started to suck with all of the ski clubs that came up and the kids going through the park that shouldnt be there. i dont know how many time i can cut off while hitting stuff or how many kids just ran into me because they dont know how to stop yet. IF YOU CANT FREAKIN SKI/BOARD THEN GET YOUR ASS OFF OF SIDEWINDER. thats how people get hurt. its rediculous. everything was perfect until while i was hitting the flat-down-flat rail some awesome 16 year old snowboarder (who is probably sponsered by Hell because he got some sick air off of the lip to the rail) cut me off as i was jumping on to the rail and i fell. i'm tired of people being places where they dont belong. it would be like me going down raceway when the race team is practicing.... i dont do it... and neither should they. its rediculous and i'm tired of it.

another thing. on the first jump on sidewinder i waited to drop and when i did i called it. of course that means NOTHING to somebody who sucks at life and skis sidewinder as a slalom course. they seemed to have a brilliant idea that skiing behind the lips of the jumps and onto the landings would be a fun game to play... until i did a 180 and landed on them. again... if you dont know what the hell you are doing in the park then get out. its not a place to watch people who know what they are diong and mess them up because you suck, its a place for people who know what they are doing to progress and get better. if you want to ski sidewinder.. learn to hit stuff in the lower park first. if you want to ski sidewinder as a trail. dont. there are 30 other trails that you can use. let me have my one. and you can have your 30.

lol ur toatally right this happens at montage..alot..kid just go right from the 2nd jump to the last without calling there drop when they see a few groups of kids waiting there to hit it they just go flying past and barely make it up the jump..and people will contine to ride the park without hitting a single thing because they think there cool..well its goin to stay like this until the parks get park passes.

i wasnt gonna post in here but i have a question about park passes. this was probably already disscused in another thread but whatever.

terrain parks are made for a reason, to use the features in the parks, rails, boxes, jumps, pipes etc. etc. theyre not there for their steep terrain.

what would it cost the mountain to institute a park pass? and what kind of profit would they get from charging for it?

i wasnt gonna post in here but i have a question about park passes. this was probably already disscused in another thread but whatever.

terrain parks are made for a reason, to use the features in the parks, rails, boxes, jumps, pipes etc. etc. theyre not there for their steep terrain.

what would it cost the mountain to institute a park pass? and what kind of profit would they get from charging for it?

it would cost the mountain the hourly wages to pay the ticket checker at the top of the park. there is no need to charge for the park pass but some places that have them do charge (mountain creek). i dont think it would be a question of how much they should charge to make a profit because if they institute a park pass, i would think that it would increase the number of people coming to the mountain to use the park because they wouldnt have to worry about idiots that dont belong. once the park passes are implemented they can also increase the difficulty level of the park because there wont be people in there that dont have a damn clue what they are doing. that too will also increase the ammount of people that are coming to use the park and pay for a ticket. the park the Blue has right now is pretty damn good and there are people coming from other mountains to hit it... imagine what they could do to make it better if they implemented a park pass where they didnt have any liability issues for people that dont belong there? it could be heaven.

Really, i don't think it would cost them too much. They'd just have to:

1. Create and print the passes

2. Hire a person or two to regulate entrance to the park (maybe even have those fancy barcode readers!?)

3. Have ski patrol monitor the park more

Sell them for 5 bucks each. It won't keep ALL of the assholes out, but a lot of them.

Toast, you should write into blue, if you didn't already. Anyone else who agrees, write in ,and let's see what happens.

Really, i don't think it would cost them too much. They'd just have to:

1. Create and print the passes

2. Hire a person or two to regulate entrance to the park (maybe even have those fancy barcode readers!?)

3. Have ski patrol monitor the park more

Sell them for 5 bucks each. It won't keep ALL of the assholes out, but a lot of them.

Toast, you should write into blue, if you didn't already. Anyone else who agrees, write in ,and let's see what happens.

i have written in plenty of times for the last 2 or 3 years. multiple times each year. it has gotten better this year with the addition of things that arent ride on and no tables, just booters... but its still not keeping people out... today somebody decided it would be a good idea to hit the 60 foot booter going 2 mph because they though they could just roll over the lip... boy were they in for a surprise when they fell 8 feet to a hard icy surface. hahahahaha. thats what you get when you dont belong.

amen i saw u on the fdf rail when that kid cut u off and u fell.

oh it was a lovely experience... at least it didnt hurt. and my mom cleaned my pants and jacket from the rust that was rubbed into it... i'll just have to pick them up on my way to the mountain tomorrow...

yea i thought u nutted urself when u fell.

what time u heading up tomorrow.

special passes for a black diamond make no sense. as stated before, etiquette in the park is entirely different than the normal set of rules laid forth by the skiers' responsibility code. when skiing in the park, a whole different set of rules applies, hence why they have a board posted at the top of the park with the park specific rule set. you dont have any special rules that apply to black diamonds. in the park, people need to know to call their drop, not ski under landings, dont ski off the sides of jumps, dont ride across boxes and somehow fall off the side, etc. its a completely different environment, and if people dont realize that, they dont belong there. this is not a tough concept to grasp.

I agree It was getting rediculoussss in the park tonight.

I saw not just one but three kids ride up to the first rail like they were gonna hit it they turn at the last possible secound and cut three huge V's in the top of the lip

I think the one school group was all riding together in the park and they literally had a complete line of people across the trail at the steep section before the stairs. I had never ever sean that where there were so many retards sitting down in a row that there was nooo where to get there.

I also saw this girl at the same section where that line later was come flyin past me at light speed for no reason and tryed to stop but couldnt and nailed this guy that was stopped from behind. HAHAHAH he fell right on top of her. Hopefully that taught her alittle

special passes for a black diamond make no sense. as stated before, etiquette in the park is entirely different than the normal set of rules laid forth by the skiers' responsibility code. when skiing in the park, a whole different set of rules applies, hence why they have a board posted at the top of the park with the park specific rule set. you dont have any special rules that apply to black diamonds. in the park, people need to know to call their drop, not ski under landings, dont ski off the sides of jumps, dont ride across boxes and somehow fall off the side, etc. its a completely different environment, and if people dont realize that, they dont belong there. this is not a tough concept to grasp.

I think Doug was kidding, but Park passes would be sick. It just gets annoying and frustrating when there's so many morons in the park who don't know what they are doing. It causes injuries aswell. Maybe within the next year or 2 blue will have park passes.

I think Doug was kidding, but Park passes would be sick. It just gets annoying and frustrating when there's so many morons in the park who don't know what they are doing. It causes injuries aswell. Maybe within the next year or 2 blue will have park passes.

i'm not so sure, its not the first time he has mentioned it...

Common sense is the rule in both places. Name one thing you just named about parks that isn't covered by common sense.

So, yeah, it'd be great to have a diamond that you could bomb down and not encounter a newbie resting over the lip of a headwall. CB Rangers used to regularly stop me on Cliffhanger for skiing too fast, which wouldn't have been a problem if bunny skiers weren't laying all over the headwall.

Not an arguement, just wanted to point out that parks aren't the only place where newbies screw up the fun and maybe a little extra deterence would help.

whats with snowboarders that refuse to sit in the middle of the chair...they are such wimps.

its harder to strap in on the lift because you have to move like 30 different times so u can get off the lift and not take out the other people your riding with

Common sense is the rule in both places. Name one thing you just named about parks that isn't covered by common sense.

So, yeah, it'd be great to have a diamond that you could bomb down and not encounter a newbie resting over the lip of a headwall. CB Rangers used to regularly stop me on Cliffhanger for skiing too fast, which wouldn't have been a problem if bunny skiers weren't laying all over the headwall.

Not an arguement, just wanted to point out that parks aren't the only place where newbies screw up the fun and maybe a little extra deterence would help.

It is a much bigger problem in the park though. I make it a point to ride the park AS WELL as all the other trails at mountains, and the terrain park is always the worst. With rails, wall rides, jumps, and whatever other objects the mountain decides to put into a park there isn't much space. On a regular trail, if someone is sitting down after a fall there is normally ample space to go around them safely. However in a park there isn't as mch breathing room due to the features, and the space needed before and after them for the skiier/rider's set up and landing respectivly.

I agree with you when you say common sense is the rule in both places, but i am sure a man of such wisdom as yourself knows at this point that people don't EVER use common sense. I mean if they did common sense would tell them to read the warning/directions sign at the top of the park. :banghead

wouldnt common sense tell people not to do that shit? of course. but they still do. now for the people that do have common sense when it comes to riding the park... they shouldnt have to suffer because people are getting in their way on the features. i understand that there is the same problem on other trails...

why do you think the racers close off the trail to practice? so idiots dont get in their way. i dont see people complaining as much about them. while they are practicing over on razors edge i want to practice in the park... and why cant i have ideal conditions like they do? there are so many different points that you can make.

making one trail out of 30 a pass only trail shouldnt affect anything. there is no reason to use sidewinder as a trail to carve down since there are 30 others accross the mountain. and if people want to use the park THAT bad... then they can use the lower park to ride over the lips of jumps and rails and sit on the landings there. but for people who care an actually want to progress in the freestlye area, there shouldnt be uncontrollable idiots that hold them back.