CB officially closed

Shadows

Camelback Ski Area has closed for the season. The much anticipated Mid-March snow never came in time to keep the slopes open with enjoyable conditions. Highlights for the season include opening on December 9th 2005, and having 100% of the slopes open before Christmas, a Camelback first in recent history! In addition, the investment into purchasing a new winch-cat showed its value this season. The new groomer pushed snow up the slopes to further improve the conditions on the trails. And topping out the season was the 1st annual pond skimming contest. Over 40 contestants braved the brisk wind and cold pond, being cheered on by a crowd of over 200 guests! The 2005-2006 ski and ride season was a great success and Camelback greatly appreciated all the skiers and boarders that came to the Pocono Mountains this winter.

Thanks again for a great season! We hope to see you all at Camelbeach this summer and back on the slopes next year!

Stay tuned to www.skicamelback.com and the Snow Phone for information on this summers activities and announcements for the 2006-2007 ski area improvements.

didnt see that one coming :rolleyes:

I sort of thought they would stay open, since everybody else is. I don't know if I would be bragging about the winch cat, since they closed before some of the other resorts. All the other resorts made it through the same conditions, when they said that they would be losing trails if, they didn't have the winch cat.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

this is the worst thing i have heard all season now its time for NY :)

"Camelback Ski Area has closed for the season. The much anticipated Mid-March snow never came in time to compensate for the fact we didn't make any after President's Day. Highlights for the season include opening after Blue Mt, and closing sporadically whenever we felt we wouldn't make enough money in day tickets! In addition, the investment into purchasing a new winch-cat showed its value this season. The new groomer pushed the same old snow from trail to trail ensuring crappy conditions. And topping out the season was the 1st annual pond skimming contest where we got to deliberately melt tons of snow to make the years first water feature. Over 40 CB employees were forced to brave the brisk wind and cold pond, being cheered on by all 200 people that turned up that weekend! The 2005-2006 ski and ride season was a great financial success and Camelback greatly appreciated all your money this winter.

Thanks again for a short season! We hope to see you all at Camelbeach this summer and back for another season pass next year!"

Uhh 2 hours each way (+ a little getting there due to allentown rushhour)...gets me there at 5ish...ski til 9ish...get back around 11, probably pull a thinksnow driving home...ehh not really doing much for me.

In the last 4 years, I think I have been around once after CB closed...All the other years I was skiing somewhere else.

Whiteface/Gore this weekend (races)

Elk April 1st/2nd (races)

April 8th possibly morning at Bellyeare, then flying out to TAHOE for a week...Comeing back and see whats going on with everything.

"Camelback Ski Area has closed for the season. The much anticipated Mid-March snow never came in time to compensate for the fact we didn't make any after President's Day. Highlights for the season include opening after Blue Mt, and closing sporadically whenever we felt we wouldn't make enough money in day tickets! In addition, the investment into purchasing a new winch-cat showed its value this season. The new groomer pushed the same old snow from trail to trail ensuring crappy conditions. And topping out the season was the 1st annual pond skimming contest where we got to deliberately melt tons of snow to make the years first water feature. Over 40 CB employees were forced to brave the brisk wind and cold pond, being cheered on by all 200 people that turned up that weekend! The 2005-2006 ski and ride season was a great financial success and Camelback greatly appreciated all your money this winter.

Thanks again for a short season! We hope to see you all at Camelbeach this summer and back for another season pass next year!"

:rofl:rofl:rofl I thought the same thing. They closed or shut down half the mountain on a frequent basis. I'd be :upyers if I was a passholder. They wasted money on a new piece of equipment; therefore, they could not afford to blow more snow. I guess what they were saying is that they would have closed more often, but would look dumb after investing in a new groomer that was supposed to alleviate those problems. It's obvious that they care more about the water park. "Much anticipated mid-March snow :rofl:rolleyes:. " We didn't have any snow earlier, why would we get it now. Even if the two "storms" that went to the south did come through, they would only have give us a couple of inches.

"Camelback Ski Area has closed for the season. The much anticipated Mid-March snow never came in time to compensate for the fact we didn't make any after President's Day. Highlights for the season include opening after Blue Mt, and closing sporadically whenever we felt we wouldn't make enough money in day tickets! In addition, the investment into purchasing a new winch-cat showed its value this season. The new groomer pushed the same old snow from trail to trail ensuring crappy conditions. And topping out the season was the 1st annual pond skimming contest where we got to deliberately melt tons of snow to make the years first water feature. Over 40 CB employees were forced to brave the brisk wind and cold pond, being cheered on by all 200 people that turned up that weekend, who were smart enough to stay in their regular shoes, not wasting time on the hill! The 2005-2006 ski and ride season was a great financial success and Camelback greatly appreciated all your money this winter.

:rolleyes: my addition

:rofl Good one!!!!!

There is only one thing to say about this topic: CAMELBACK SUCKS!

THey are big, they know it and they don't care.

Doesn't bother me at all they closed...

Damn the torpedoes!!! Wake up Dude! Oh! I forgot, you need that summer thingy. sorry :wiggle

THey are big, they know it and they don't care.

Damn the torpedoes!!! Wake up Dude! Oh! I forgot, you need that summer thingy. sorry :wiggle

Doesn't bother me cause I'm not going to be there, nor woudl I be if they were open...