All gone.....

Schif

Well its official. Every last bit of visible snow at Tussey Mountain has melted. :banghead:no It actually was gone on Friday, but I didnt' get a chance to post until today. Kinda sad, I don't even have anything to hike anymore. :no Most places still have their snow right?

Well its official. Every last bit of visible snow at Tussey Mountain has melted. :banghead:no It actually was gone on Friday, but I didnt' get a chance to post until today. Kinda sad, I don't even have anything to hike anymore. :no Most places still have their snow right?

bear is brown... i work like 2 minutes from there and yeah... it's brown thanks to their mountain biking

This was a very dry and warm season, so most places won't have snow much longer, with temps now about 10-15 degrees above average(atleast down here in Philly) don't know about further north.

And here is an April 19 shot of the mountain. Siblet and friend drove up there last weekend, though, and said that up close the snow looks pretty bad.

041906Schott0890.jpg

Current web shot of base area:

chalet_village_00001.jpg

Edited by sibhusky

Looks skiable to me. Can you still go up and earn some turns?

One is allowed to do that. BUT, I skied Blacktail last weekend (about an hour or so south of here, but with north-facing slopes) and the skiing was ....interesting. No glide on the stuff, felt like you were skiing sand. My head kept telling my skis to hurry up or the head was going to end up down the hill first. Quite a tiring day. AND, I'd waxed TWO pairs of skis the night before. One with a combination of yellow and molybdenum covered with pink, the second just yellow. I switched skis at midday and it was no improvement. Plus every turn you had to THINK THINK THINK so that you didn't catch an edge. That type of condition is ACL injury time and I like my knees.

montage probably won't look too good after these couple days of rain. last day i was up there was april 15 and boomers entire headwall was covered,a path wide enough on the first headwall, and a decently long stretch on the flat next to the white lightning sign, was a good time. There was also a few patches still left on spike but they are probably gone now. Boomer may be hittable after the rain but you will probably have to dodge some patches

montage probably won't look too good after these couple days of rain. last day i was up there was april 15 and boomers entire headwall was covered,a path wide enough on the first headwall, and a decently long stretch on the flat next to the white lightning sign, was a good time. There was also a few patches still left on spike but they are probably gone now. Boomer may be hittable after the rain but you will probably have to dodge some patches

Id guess boomer still be full coverage and no bare spots. It had a about a 2 foot base the whole way down when i went on the 13th.

Id guess boomer still be full coverage and no bare spots. It had a about a 2 foot base the whole way down when i went on the 13th.

as of yesterday, boomers second headwall is covered on the left side from the first tower gun(maybe about 15-20 feet down from the top) to about 20 feet before the end of the headwall. Got a few runs in before we ran out of drinks and were too wiped out to take any more.