Sno Mountain

Ski

Yeah Xnick...and I saw you at Booter mountain the day I hurt my arm...right near Barneys bumps...What a sucky storm that was...3 inches at the Tage, boot top at the boot and knee deep in Allentown and at the Grizzly Crizzle.. :banghead Yeah it was colder than a nuns britches that day...I'm hoping this next ski season is less windy...scares away all the breezies.. :rock

Haha I sucked that day.I didnt spin over a 3 cause thats when I had the really really bad thumb.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea dude this year better be rad and they better put the shit they say up or im going to be real pissed.

Wow, dude, drink a little champagne before worrying...even Doug's stoked and I have to get him to drag his ass up to Montage with the free tickets.

Sorry, MS, but I was watching Washo on WYOU...eh, now maybe he can go hate on something else.

Do they have enough water for all this snowmaking? It will be cool if there's April bump skiing on Boomer and White Lightning... :rock

Yes. Part of the agreement gives them a lease (for $1) of the reservoir. I don't remember the specifics, but it's huge and more than enough water, right at the bottom of WL and Boomer.

Resevoir Pic from Boomer

Sno Mt's guns will pwn CB's

.5 inches per minute.You cant beat that around here :rofl

Are they the tower fans like JFBB or are they like snow guns mounted higher?

Its not that big.But ya it should be enough until it rains or snows again and it refills..

Or if its as bad as last year, until it melts :banghead:banghead .

The one thing Hunter does right is make snow. We've done Thanksgiving race camps there when the ground was bare a few days before camp...then they hit the switch on all those tower guns.

It's all win-win for us, MS. Sno Mountain will bring the snow quality and lift speed up to what other areas have...but we get all that empty terrain, since skier/rider numbers will never be all that great. Sno Mountain was the right choice for Montage over Snowtime because they know they need to make the big bucks from a water park and snow tubing. Snowtime's way to turn a profit was strictly from drawing more people to ski/ride.

There is NO downside. They'll be shoving the tubers off the hill and down where loose papers blow out of your car on a windy day. And Sno Mountain interviewed all the staff to see what was missing...they know what to do.

Good stuff!

The one thing Hunter does right is make snow. We've done Thanksgiving race camps there when the ground was bare a few days before camp...then they hit the switch on all those tower guns.

It's all win-win for us, MS. Sno Mountain will bring the snow quality and lift speed up to what other areas have...but we get all that empty terrain, since skier/rider numbers will never be all that great. Sno Mountain was the right choice for Montage over Snowtime because they know they need to make the big bucks from a water park and snow tubing. Snowtime's way to turn a profit was strictly from drawing more people to ski/ride.

There is NO downside. They'll be shoving the tubers off the hill and down where loose papers blow out of your car on a windy day. And Sno Mountain interviewed all the staff to see what was missing...they know what to do.

Good stuff!

Your right about Sno Mountain being the better choice. I liked the way they did everything, while they had to know someone, they did it respectfully by interviewing, surveying land, and also the detailed power point.

Ski do you think the picture/sign that Ty drew has anything to do with it??? She should get a free lifetime season pass for that sign... :rock

Yes. I credit her sign with the sale and she should ski for free as long as Sno Mountain owns it. I like your logic when you get home from the bar at 1:30am.

No girls, eh?

It's gonna look like Hunter...

P45138.jpg

I didn't realize that Montage doesn't have any of these...I've only been there once. I've noticed that most of the area resorts that I've been to, except for maybe Elk, have these on the harder trails. I wonder if they might consider putting in pole fans on Boomer and Lightning....

Edited by bigdaddyk

They are contracting with one of the best snowmaking companies in America...I'm in no way an expert, but the tower guns can blow snow at higher temps and make superior snow because of the extra time the 'water' is in the air. Plus, they are much less labor intensive than fan guns, whether mounted or dragged around. And I guess the idea is to make snowmaking as automated as possible.

They are contracting with one of the best snowmaking companies in America...I'm in no way an expert, but the tower guns can blow snow at higher temps and make superior snow because of the extra time the 'water' is in the air. Plus, they are much less labor intensive than fan guns, whether mounted or dragged around. And I guess the idea is to make snowmaking as automated as possible.

The fans that are permanantley on poles are about the same height and put out an enormous amount of snow. They are a little more efficiet, because you don't have to pump air into them, but I think you need colder temps for them. I guess it would make more sense to go with the tower guns, for Montage, since their temps aren't as cold as the eastern Poconos.

Edited by bigdaddyk

I guess it would make more sense to go with the tower guns, for Montage, since their temps aren't as cold as the eastern Poconos.

Huh? Montage is in the northern Poconos. We had a thread a long time ago on temps...CB is about 3 degrees colder than Blue, while Montage is a degree colder than CB. Elk, which in the Endless Mountains was a little colder than Montage.

But anyway, the fan guns we have at our little ski hill take a lot of manpower, even just to keep banging off the ice on a lot of days. Plus, there's a lot more moving parts out in the weather.