Sno Mountain

Ski

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Smoke has a tower mounted fan gun, but I can't recall where else.

Most days, you could increase crowds by 500% and still not have a lift line. Typically, when I ski after work on weekdays, there are 10 people on the North Face from 8-10pm. Would 50 people make any difference?

Welcome! I say...

I remember over on the CB board a couple years ago when DaveK posted an announcement about the new snowmaking capacity...and Sib did a little quick math and came up with how much baloney and hype ski areas put out each year about their increased snowmaking. So, I don't know that Sno Mountain simply saying they're increasing snowmaking will bring that many more people. Skiers have gotten pretty skeptical about snowmaking hype.

They'll probably do a media blitz with a bunch of local commercials, which will crowd up Highball and Main Street on weekends....that's totally fine. Sno Mountain has the perfect layout for isolating newbie crowds.

They'll probably do a media blitz with a bunch of local commercials, which will crowd up Highball and Main Street on weekends....that's totally fine. Sno Mountain has the perfect layout for isolating newbie crowds.

:lol Ski so i guess you really dont get over the easy slopes, because we dont have a main street. Its Easy street.

:lol Ski so i guess you really dont get over the easy slopes, because we dont have a main street. Its Easy street.

Ah, yeah, my bad...actually I'm over there a lot because of Ty. Last season, in fact, we did 20 straight runs down Highball. Can you even imagine how long we spent riding the lift?

I guess I was confused from all my time slumming at Blue...Blue's Main Street is a really nice run EXCEPT for all those freakin' people.

I don't see any mention of a high speed lift... :confused

I believe the plan is to finally fix Long Haul for this season, then install the high speed next to it, when they cut the new top to bottom trails. I'm pretty sure all the lifts at Montage have been running at their lowest speed for a few years. Everything that's not broken is almost broken.

I would think that this year won't see a "huge" increase in crowds, because a lot of people don't follow message boards or the news. Next season would probably be the year for an increase, after news gets out by word of mouth. Hopefully they do a lot of promoting. Hopefully it won't overcrowd the place...I know I like having my will on the slopes. Either way, I plan on going, if they hold up to the hype. Montage probably could have done better at snowmaking, because Elk relies on mostly portable guns, and they always have good conditions.

Its kind of weird how a lot of the local resorts are making upgrades, all of a sudden. Camelback added grooming equipment, JF/BB is putting $5 million into snowmaking, Blue is adding a six pack and new trail, along with the upcoming changes at Montage. It makes me wonder if all these places will end up in a stale-mate as far as attracting new people and just retain who they now have. Since a lot of the resorts are upgrading, people might just stay at their "home" mountains. Either way, the changes are good.

Edited by bigdaddyk

I would think that this year won't see a "huge" increase in crowds, because a lot of people don't follow message boards or the news.

I see it being different then that. Since these investors are from Philly/south jersey, they may have ties with local tv down there, And will be promoting the shit out of Sno Mountain in thie area.

I'm going to the other side of the fence.... I dunno..... Any guesses on how much annual revenue to pay a 15m note and pay all the other expenses? However I am sure they know what they are doing. The did their homework...

100,000 tickets at............................?

It was probably mentioned before, but do they intend on changing the name for the summer? Sno mountain would sound kind of dumb for a water park....maybe change it to Melted Sno Mountain.

Pretty sure it's Sno Mountain year 'round. Maybe just marketing as "The Waterpark at Sno Mountain".

There's another short thread at the TV news web site, where someone asks what Montage means (we're not the smartest people up here) and the answer was "It's an old Indian term meaning 'wasting millions of taxpayer dollars'."

Pretty sure it's Sno Mountain year 'round. Maybe just marketing as "The Waterpark at Sno Mountain".

There's another short thread at the TV news web site, where someone asks what Montage means (we're not the smartest people up here) and the answer was "It's an old Indian term meaning 'wasting millions of taxpayer dollars'."

hahh :lol:lol:lol thats great

I heard about this sale in January, I work at the mountain and had talked to the people from "Sno Mountain" and a few of our bosses, and they told us the plans they were offering. Pretty neat, and I hear for 2006-2007 season they should have 3-4 new trails, some lodge renovations, a new lift, and a renovated Rental Shop(which they were supposed to do for last season.) In all, I think they said 15 new trails total, 2 new lifts, the lodge will basically be completely re-done by the time its finished, and new snowmaking system, where every gun is controlled by one switch. I plan on taking trips up there in the next few weeks to see if there is any progress. I'll take pictures if I can see anything.

I heard about this sale in January, I work at the mountain and had talked to the people from "Sno Mountain" and a few of our bosses, and they told us the plans they were offering. Pretty neat, and I hear for 2006-2007 season they should have 3-4 new trails, some lodge renovations, a new lift, and a renovated Rental Shop(which they were supposed to do for last season.) In all, I think they said 15 new trails total, 2 new lifts, the lodge will basically be completely re-done by the time its finished, and new snowmaking system, where every gun is controlled by one switch. I plan on taking trips up there in the next few weeks to see if there is any progress. I'll take pictures if I can see anything.

Way to talk out of your ass. There was a public hearing with what they planned, 3 trails, 1 lift. Not whatever u said.

Way to talk out of your ass. There was a public hearing with what they planned, 3 trails, 1 lift. Not whatever u said.

Ha, Sno, don't beat on the other locals too hard....

Welcome here Skiier1212...what do you do at the mountain? We're all pretty psyched about the sale, but a little nervous until the closing day, which may now be as soon as three weeks.