construction continues

Shadows

WOW, what a summer! The staff at Blue Mountain has been working relentlessly in preparation for the 06-07 season. Tons of new projects have taken place while we were all recuperating from last season.

The most noticeable change at Blue Mountain will be the NEW Challenge Express high speed detachable six person lift. The old two person lift at the bottom of terrain run is currently being replaced with this mammoth people mover. This huge project will move 3 times the amount of people up the mountain compared to the lift it is replacing. The task of replacing the old lift is well under way. The concrete for the towers has been poured and the top and bottom terminals are scheduled to be installed this weekend.

Don

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that aren't interested in relaxing in the lodge, you might be interested to know that we will be installing three new kiosks at the Tubing area. These machines will allow you to purchase your tubing tickets, by credit card only, directly at Tubing. Tubing tickets may also be purchased in the Valley Lodge ticket ofice.

If your not interested in 'relaxing in the lodge' chances are you don't care much about tubing.

------

I'll definitely have to get to Blue a few times this year to check out the improvements.

I can't wait to see the new carpet and tiles...I wonder if the lodge will still smell like a combination of urine and french fries..... :nana Finndawg :nana

that would be exciting! Now if they can just learn how to blow snow and not snow cone granuals......... We decided to rename blue Mountain to "Snow Cone slopes". Like it? We all did.

• 2 weeks later...

WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS ON THE NEW 6 PASSENGER CHAIRLIFT...CHALLENGE EXPRESS. YESTERDAY THE LAST 3 TOWER FOOTERS WERE SET. WITHIN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS THE HELICOPTERS WILL BE HERE TO INSTALL THE LIFT TOWERS. THIS AWESOME INSTALLATION CAN BE VIEWED FROM OUR VALLEY PARKING LOT AREA. THE GRADING OF SIDEWINDER PARK IS ALMOST COMPLETE AS WELL AS THE ADDITONAL SNOWMAKING LINES. NEW RAILS AND BOXES ARE BEING BUILT. CHECK HERE FOR MORE UPDATES.

i definitely will be there to watch, thats awesome

I can't wait to see the new carpet and tiles...I wonder if the lodge will still smell like a combination of urine and french fries..... :nana Finndawg :nana

I took me a little drive up to blue today. In the lower parking lot they had the ........the whatchamacallits that go on top of the lift towers- there were like 12, or was it 15, of them. The bottom lodge is looking pretty spiffy (from the outside, of course) so far. Wandered up to the top lot and i looked into the windows. The new carpet is pretty steezy. While leaving the lot, i noticed the bullwheel/top lift assembly was sitting on a trailer. Now, if we could only find out when them helicopters is coming.

Here is a bunch of pics I took when I was there this past Sunday. I'd definitely like to be there when they call the helo's in. Any one have any clue as to when they are coming? Their website says "within two weeks." I've uploaded the pics to my gallery here: http://velocycle.smugmug.com/gallery/1974502

Here is a teaser:

100537193-L.jpg