construction continues

Shadows

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each year, they dump their money into the park instead of that trail. Who cares though? The other side will get it's time in the coming years.

Last year was the first year that Blue really started to back the park up financially, and with all the positive feedback they got it is only natural to keep doing what is working. I kinda was hoping they'd have the other trail done too though.

• 2 weeks later...

And dont talk about anything that deals with rails or in the park cause you couldnt hit shit

Really? Do you know me? Im sorry you feel the need to talk shit over the internet, but when i go to BC this season maybe we could take a couple park runs, and maybe we could both skeet our pants. I mean who doesnt like to skeet skeet all over themselves.

no bud, i hate blues park.

And dont talk about anything that deals with rails or in the park cause you couldnt hit shit

haha chill out man

Really? Do you know me? Im sorry you feel the need to talk shit over the internet, but when i go to BC this season maybe we could take a couple park runs, and maybe we could both skeet our pants. I mean who doesnt like to skeet skeet all over themselves.

hahaha

hey hate to break it to you icon but blues park blew away bear park last year. im sorry but table tops cant beat booters im so glad i didnt get a pass to bear last year because i would have never had any fun blue is deff the place to be since they keep upping there park. im sorry but bc sucked last year and i prlly wont ever do there again unless for a comp or something else

You will never get the retarted 40 yearold skier's from riding off of the sides of jumps.

Id rather see a new trail than 2 new rails anyday.

Well, the park scene is hot, so they're investing in it. Too bad. Plus, you don't need paperwork/snowmaking/permits/land clearing fees/lighting to add a few rails......

no bud, i hate blues park.

Look at his avatar......nuff said

hey hate to break it to you icon but blues park blew away bear park last year. im sorry but table tops cant beat booters im so glad i didnt get a pass to bear last year because i would have never had any fun blue is deff the place to be since they keep upping there park. im sorry but bc sucked last year and i prlly wont ever do there again unless for a comp or something else

I didn't much care for bare, but when i get some time, i'll head back there.

In case you didn't know, Icon is the best snowboarder ever. Thus he has the only opinion that matters on parks, becuase at 12 he has seen more parks than anyone else here. Forget the fact that a lot of us were throwing 360s on skies before he even thought about snow, and THEN we came and started doing it on snowboards too. No no no, KNOWING about parks just comes down to being young enough to try a frontside boardslide enough times becuase falling at age 7 doesn't hurt.

Damn groms having parks their whole lives! Ya I'm not jealous...

He wasn't allowed in the parks until he was about 8 or 9 - He learned to ski first. although I do have some film somewhere of him doing some back country powder jumps at Alta at 7 years old.

oh yea that wasn't hating on nipples at all don't worry, just icon. Its not about age its seeing/complaining about park progression. Icon complains because every park on the east coast didn't just come out of a mack dawg movie. But COMPARED TO WHAT THEY WERE, the poconos has stepped up so much in the last 5 years.

Remember when Shawnee only had 3 jumps a mound of snow for a halfpipe and a pipe half exposed in the ground as a rail? Oh yea and a 3 foot long rainbow rail that was 6" high. Or when Mountain Creek's halfpipe was at South and it had like 8 foot walls? Or when Camelback's park sucked balls (oh wait it still does). I had never been to Blue before this season, but I've been going to Mountain Creek (VV/GG), Shawnee, and Camelback for 15 years, so the progression is there, and in 5 years what we have now will look quaint (although I plan to be out west in 5 years so you'll have to tell me).

Sure they're not perfect, but I don't expect Blue mountain to wake up tomorrow and make a better park than mammoth, its small steps every year.

They took a big step this year by clearing the trail wider and straighter, that was one of my biggest complaints.

Lets see how things are setup this year, Mountain Creek has improved their grooming a huge amount just this year vs. last year becuase of people complaining, and their pipe was twice as good and open a month earlier, just one summer made a huge differance because they knew how much snow had to be made, they implimented park passes, and they got a new snow cat. And yes, they too need more improvement (open more features earlier!), but it happens over time be patient.

• 2 weeks later...

anybody can put something up on that site

thats why its isn't good for getting information for reports b/c th info could be wrong

you yourself could add more info to the blue description

i want to check blue out so bad this season

alot of mtns in pa are stepping it up 2 notches this year

i like it