CB R.I.P

Shadows

Thats when PA actually had a winter.. Now days we just get some occasional snow.

Its sad to think of but this is really the case. For the past few winters I can't remember snow sticking around on the ground for more than 2 weeks at a time. Without good snowmaking we would ride maybe 2 days a year. :no

• 4 weeks later...

Mr. Moore was also a fixture on the slopes even into his later years. I remember getting off the T-bar (Anyone else even know what a T-bar is?? :P:D ) that served the Raceway and seeing Mr. Moore standing with a group of other skiers. He was pointing with his pole off to the Southeast; the area that's now Cliffy, Nile and etc. I hope his spirit lives long at C'back.

• 1 month later...

Mr. Moore was also a fixture on the slopes even into his later years. I remember getting off the T-bar (Anyone else even know what a T-bar is?? :P:D ) that served the Raceway and seeing Mr. Moore standing with a group of other skiers. He was pointing with his pole off to the Southeast; the area that's now Cliffy, Nile and etc. I hope his spirit lives long at C'back.

Sure 'bro. There used to be T-bars, J-bars, and rope tows all over the mountain. I've been skiing there since '75 and there have definitely been a lot of positive changes. It's gone "downhill" since the mid to late '90's though.

Sure 'bro. There used to be T-bars, J-bars, and rope tows all over the mountain. I've been skiing there since '75 and there have definitely been a lot of positive changes. It's gone "downhill" since the mid to late '90's though.

I agree. I think that that things are starting to look up. THey are making improvments other than snow making this year. But hey we have to take what we can get right ?

Don't we all..... :crymore:

that was the best thing about camelback, it was the worst mistake they ever made, taking that out. it was so beautiful to ride in the fall, with all the leaves changing, and basically no one on the mountain. before camelbeach came around, it was one of those pocono secrets that only the locals knew about :), it also happened to be one of the longest alpine slides in the US

are there any other alpine slides in the poconos? if there are, im sure they are no where near as good as the camelback one was.

The only Alpine slides I know of in the northeast are at Bromley and at Stowe. The Alpine Slide at Bromley is the worlds longest but I've never been there...I been on the one at Stowe a bunch but it's not as long as the one that Camelback has..I think it's about 300 verts and it's on Little Spruce. When I was 10 years old I could have done anything for my birthday and I chose to do the Alpine Slide at Camelback. I got the unlimited slide ticket and I think I did like 16 runs...before that I went with camp but we only got to do 2 rides each.

looks like im gonna have to take a ride up to bromley next summer :)

I was actully hoping the new owner would put the slide back in at CB...but I guess thats not going to happen, cause of people like Atomic's parents ;)

CB publically stated that they took the slide out to make room for more waterpark features, not because too many people got hurt on it..

CB publically stated that they took the slide out to make room for more waterpark features, not because too many people got hurt on it..

Uhhhh ok.

Remember that CB has to cover there ass from lawsuits. Do you know how bad it would be if they said "we had to take out the slide because of injuries."

5 Year statute of limitations for injuries at waterparks I believe, which means maybe in a year or two they will tell us the real reason :rofl

Uhhhh ok.

Remember that CB has to cover there ass from lawsuits. Do you know how bad it would be if they said "we had to take out the slide because of injuries."

5 Year statute of limitations for injuries at waterparks I believe, which means maybe in a year or two they will tell us the real reason :rofl

ehh youre probably right, shit like this happens all the time because generally the PA/NJ/NY/CT area of the united states is very sue happy. its really a shame. so much fun shit is going away beacuse of law suites.

:(

Jordan

In 1982 there was a 25 inch Blizzard although it melted really fast and I was too young to ski..

I remember that storm, we were there. We skied EVERYWHERE! all of the lift lines, anyplace we could link turns.

A lot of positives, but a lot of negatives, they took all the personality out of the place and homoginized it.

i miss the alpine slide :(

It said the alpine slide opened in 72..I thought it was mopre like 79-80?

• 2 weeks later...
I remember that storm, we were there. We skied EVERYWHERE! all of the lift lines, anyplace we could link turns.

A lot of positives, but a lot of negatives, they took all the personality out of the place and homoginized it.

It said the alpine slide opened in 72..I thought it was mopre like 79-80?

From the press release when they announced it was closing: "The Alpine Slide made its debut on Memorial Day Weekend of 1977, one of the first such attractions to open in North America."