Opening day..

librider

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol

It's Dying Fetus and Necrophagist, Cannibal Corpse will also be there but I'm not a fan.

I think I may take your advice 'dude. If your serious can you work a way to get home after we get back to the Poconos Sunday night?

If theres snow, I'll find a way :yes

It's starting to look very possible, MC. Two warm days, then the cold starts to build right on schedule. We were just on the way back from Home Depot with a load of wood and ran into a blizzard-like whiteout, right at Lake Ariel (near one of Jeff's many houses). The snow was blowing in that 50mph wind and cars pulled off the road to wait it out.

Then it stopped. Oh, well. Ty was screaming to go get our skis, maybe the Hideout Hill was going to open.

Sexkitten, if possible check to see if the tickets have expired...it was cool how you hooked me up with vouchers back in March :rock

Are you ever going skiing without Bob?

They never expire, it's just a matter of finding them. As for skiing without Bob... I doubt it. It's our QT activity as a couple.

how many days does belleayre need to blow snow to open? i highly doubt they will make the 11th

as of now, i dont know if k-mart will either.

2 days??? Maybe 3 days? That got them 500 vert last year but got Hunter 1600 vert..

but that's 24/7 snowmaking, and there isnt any of that in sight :(

Hey, MC, forget the karaoke chicks, check this out:

Twin's Day January 14, 2007

Belleayre is celebrating twins at our first ever Twin's Day! Bring your identical or fraternal twin skiing on January 14, and you'll get a Buy One - Get One Free lift ticket for the two (or three, or four!) of you. Be sure to bring ID if there's going to be a question of your twin-ness...At noon, we'll gather all of the twins for a photo op. Call ext. 428 for more information.

As of today...Belleayre is still projecting a November 11th opening...weather permitting...check out their photo of the day http://www.belleayre.com/promotions/picofday.htm they say their chances look good. Temps might go down into the teens up their overnight this weekend with 12-18 hour windows of snowmaking temperatures.....farthur north in Saranac Lake...the low for I think Saturday night is projected at 11 degrees...bring on the arctic air and maybe it will get trapped and stick around longer...woo hoo hoo..

thatd be fckin sweet....ill be there mofo!

On the Blue Mt webcam, they have their lights on! I think they will be testing out the snow guns tonight. Hopefully they do. :rock

EDIT: NEVER MIND, wrong topic. <_<

Edited by Danger

Woo Hoo..they're blowing snow and if they can open next weekend..it's just like last season...buy a lift ticket and you get a voucher for after March 18th... :rock I think they'll make it..they better..otherwise I'm playing golf next weekend... :banghead

looks like they have good coverage this is from today.

picofday.jpg

Sigh... I figured they wouldn't be opening so i told my boss i could work the 11th... Go figure. Maybe ill be up there on sunday.

I think the 'dude and I are trying to make it up on Sunday. Let me know what you're thinking maybe we can meet up.