CamelBack to open Friday the 15th

Papasteeze

They act like it's going to be 90 degrees. Once it's groomed and packed down, it's not going to melt any quicker. I wonder if they are hoping that all of the other resorts will loose their bases, then they will open and say that they were the smart ones, because they waited :confused . Then again, maybe the much anticipated early winter snowstorm never arrived, so they aren't able to open with enjoyable conditions :tinfoil: . It's getting harder to figure out CB.

Edited by bigdaddyk

I sincerely do hope that they open friday. If they don't (I hate to talk like this) I'm going to have to say that they will probably lose half their season pass holders next year.

Anyways, they should be open, I WILL be there, and it WILL be a good time. I'm wondering what all they're going to have open for us... they SHOULD be able to have a SIGNIFICANT amount of the mountain open... since they're taking an extra week. The web page shows a lot of snowmaking going on... could be schweet...

They act like it's going to be 90 degrees. Once it's groomed and packed down, it's not going to melt any quicker. I wonder if they are hoping that all of the other resorts will loose their bases, then they will open and say that they were the smart ones, because they waited :confused . Then again, maybe the much anticipated early winter snowstorm never arrived, so they aren't able to open with enjoyable conditions :tinfoil: . It's getting harder to figure out CB.

Snow does melt faster when its groomed out...They didn't just make that up.

Less surface area, less in the sun...

Edited by skidude

haha remember when camel said their new plans for the 06/07 season were to open like dec. 3rd

dumbasses cant control the weather

p.s. there "superpipe" is gonna supersuck

i've rode there 4x's a week last season

their conditions we allow them to open the pipe for like one week of the seaon

aka camel blows

haha remember when camel said their new plans for the 06/07 season were to open like dec. 3rd

dumbasses cant control the weather

p.s. there "superpipe" is gonna supersuck

i've rode there 4x's a week last season

their conditions we allow them to open the pipe for like one week of the seaon

aka camel blows

Can you learn how to spell/speak and then make this post with some actual facts???

Then again, maybe the much anticipated early winter snowstorm never arrived, so they aren't able to open with enjoyable conditions . It's getting harder to figure out CB.

LMAO :lol:rofl

CB is the only place that relys on natural snow in a climate that gets less than 50" a year

Edited by jordan

Last year we got a nice dumping the day before opening day at CB...

I realize it won't be as nice as last year...

But hey... I'll take Marjie's over midway to main st. any day.

And I really, REALLY hate having a black that is half bumps and half groomed... When you've got that half groomed the n00bs attempt the bumps... and it gets ugly....

I say bump up asp again!

we were talking about this a few days ago. Cb wont be able to blow for at least a week. let alone any mtn. but if they didnt want to open with what they have now, than they probably wont open for 2 weeks, or later.

I was thinking this also. They could have opened this last weekend with the same amount of snow as next weekend :confused .