Valley lodge

Rodeo Steve

than you must be really offended my upper and lower switchback.

My friends and I have been debating this issue, but regarding other trails. Consider Xing, or Sky Top. I never even heard of Sky Top until I looked at Blue's trail map this year and saw it was on there. i would have no idea where it was if it wasnt on the interactive trail map (put your mouse near the little island of trees at the top of the Quad). hell, "sky top" to me was just another part of tut's lane. i think they make separate trails so that..

1) they can increase their trail count and say they have more trails open (i mean, come on...they've had 9 trails open for the last few weeks, but was really just a green, a blue, a black, a terrain park, and learning hills). I think most mountains are guilty of this one.

c) they can accurately direct personnel. Lets say someone gets hurt near the top of the quad. they can tell the patrollers, "go to Sky Top". they don't have to say, the person is near Tut's lane, or the person is near paradise, or near the intersection of all those trails. it gives that location on the mountain a specific identity.

If anyone can shed some more light on this issue, please do.

Edited by stever2003

Oops, I forgot to post the important stuff. I called the Blue Mt. condition hotline late last night (12:48am). The guy (it wasn't Dennis) said in addition to the 6-pack and six trails on Thursday, they would open Burma Road on Friday, and try to open Terrain Run for Saturday. Thought you'd like to know :)

I would imagine its mostly because of your first point stever. Its marketing. To a person from the city who has been there one or 2 times, and especially for the one that hasn't been there at all, they want to see a lot of trails. I think thats why CB is more popular with the tourists than with us (aside from all the other reasons, but no need to bring them back up here). When someone is planning their ski vacation, they look at a bunch of places, and then decide on the one with the "most" trails. You can probobly cut camelback's trail count almost in half if you took a trail as one route top to bottom, but having more means you look good on a brochure, or online. There isn't a mountain around that isn't guilty of it.

Oops, I forgot to post the important stuff. I called the Blue Mt. condition hotline late last night (12:48am). The guy (it wasn't Dennis) said in addition to the 6-pack and six trails on Thursday, they would open Burma Road on Friday, and try to open Terrain Run for Saturday. Thought you'd like to know :)

Since everyone is still wondering what might open, I figured I'd call attention to this post, which nobody seemed to notice.

They need one of the front four for me to show up (Sidewinder, Razor, Challenge, or Paradise), I just don't think its worth the extra time in the car to hang out on the shorter side of the mountain. Although I'm hitting up Mountain Creek tomorrow and they will have ONE trail open so, I probably shouldn't talk about not having shit open.