The Sense of Entitlement among Park Rats

ben

You basically said the same thing about BB when Park Logic got fired. Now your target is Camelback and their advertising. Now you think BB is awesome without Park Logic. Face it it's been a crappy winter so far and people just need to wait for "their" terrain.

Did you ever get an explanation from BB?

:ph34r:

Yep, I sure did, a very plausible explanation, I might add. As far as thinking about BB's awesomeness (here we go again) it cracks me up to see a lack of disrespect in regards to my involvement with the park scene. What, is it my tone again? :rocks

There was a good point above, about the beginner park at BB and that is that it is as good if not better than a lot of expert parks. People don't believe me when I tell them we have been riding an expert park since the beginning of December. It is true.

We didn't have to wait, BB made it happen and so could CB if they wanted to.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if you want them to lose their ignorance, you as a group need to lose your reputation. And for that, the sense of entitlement needs to stop.

oh pretty please.... could we have some nice jibs set up on the little patches of snow... please? pretty please?

BULLSHIT! CB was owned and ran by an attorney and that persona is pervasive through out CB. (sorry about the stereotype) Attornies respond to threats and then they want to litigate to a mutally agreeable compromise. Who are you trying to fool? The resorts that listen were making thier plans years ago based on whiny little whatever you call them....

If CB wasn't listening then, what makes you think that any park rats are going to believe that they will listen now? The days of diplomacy are gone, time for guerilla warfare! hahahahahahaaa

I suggest that if CB is truly interested in losing thier ignorance that they put themselves in the forefront and have something like a public forum like Bear Creek did last year.

oh pretty please.... could we have some nice jibs set up on the little patches of snow... please? pretty please?

BULLSHIT! CB was owned and ran by an attorney and that persona is pervasive through out CB. (sorry about the stereotype) Attornies respond to threats and then they want to litigate to a mutally agreeable compromise. Who are you trying to fool? The resorts that listen were making thier plans years ago based on whiny little whatever you call them....

If CB wasn't listening then, what makes you think that any park rats are going to believe that they will listen now? The days of diplomacy are gone, time for guerilla warfare! hahahahahahaaa

I suggest that if CB is truly interested in losing thier ignorance that they put themselves in the forefront and have something like a public forum like Bear Creek did last year.

Page 3.... woot!

Ill be honest i am quite the dick to people who shouldnt be in the park. So i have the sense of entitlement. But, the reason, is because some people flat out just dont belong in a park. Anyone who wears all black (most), people with huge goggle gaps, rentals, little kids, and the list could go on. Ask any park skier or rider, and if they stood at an entrance to a park, they could tell 99% of the people who should/shouldnt be allowed in the park.

EDIT- I read 4 posts in this thread, so it may be offtopic.

Alright WHAT THE hell does all black have anything to do with how a person rides????

Also remember you had to start somewhere.

Parks are for anyone who wants to go in there. If you don't like it then don't ever leave the park becuase you where color and color is only for the park.

Sounds idiotic doesn't it

Alright WHAT THE hell does all black have anything to do with how a person rides????

Also remember you had to start somewhere.

Parks are for anyone who wants to go in there. If you don't like it then don't ever leave the park becuase you where color and color is only for the park.

Sounds idiotic doesn't it

Trust me if you were a park rat ou would know. Someone in all black, on rentals, with a goggle gap, usually bought shitty snowpants at Kmart, and a shitty black starter jacket. Come to SNO 75% of people in all black, fit that categorie. "You had to start somewere".

NO SHIT i had to start somewere. I started with an already expierenced park skier, who taught me how to correctly use features, how to hit a rail or box, how to not go off the lips of rails, and not to slide down a landing. Read the code, People who shouldnt be in the park arent following smart style at all.

And Honestly, I dont know why all of us season veterans of PASR are fighting with a bunch of strong oppionated noobs. Congratulations to Ben, and the other guys, the park rats of PASR dont get along with you.

And Honestly, I dont know why all of us season veterans of PASR are fighting with a bunch of strong oppionated noobs. Congratulations to Ben, and the other guys, the park rats of PASR dont get along with you.

You don't know. That's easy, it's your sense of entitlement; the point of this whole thread.

:banghead

Parks are for anyone who wants to go in there.

c'mon now. Think about that statement. Ok well im gonna take someone snowbaording one of these days, and it will be a first timer. I'll take them in the park and tell them that its not a big deal to cut people off or sit at the bottom or a rail/jump. When you or someone your with runs into them, gets hurt and gets all pissed, we'll see if you can come back and aggree with your previous statement.

c'mon now. Think about that statement. Ok well im gonna take someone snowbaording one of these days, and it will be a first timer. I'll take them in the park and tell them that its not a big deal to cut people off or sit at the bottom or a rail/jump. When you or someone your with runs into them, gets hurt and gets all pissed, we'll see if you can come back and aggree with your previous statement.

I'm not a park rat, but came about 3 inches from taking some boarder out who was sitting on the back side of one of the big jumps at frost. Stupid ass was sitting there when I went up the lift and looked over.

And for the record, that was first run, I didn't hit the jump, just went over the roller it was sitting on to look, near the middle of it, and hes 3 feet below the 'lip' of the roller, so when you see him, your right there..

THIS IS STUPID THIS IS STUPID THIS IS STUPID THIS IS STUPID THIS IS STUPID THIS IS STUPID THIS IS STUPID

alright.... this whole argument is about the park sooo.... i have read every post and come to a conclusion.

if you dont know how to ride park, stay out of the park, or learn the proper way to ride the park.

camelback is being stupid and theres nothing we can do about it.

DONT HATE on people that dont ride park if you ride park and vice versa.

uhh..... thats all i could come up with. :)

So then you will teach them to act like most park rats complain like everyone acts like? Why would you do that? If more park rats took the time to teach rather then bitch your situation would improve, I used to skate in my younger days and I used to think the same thing. If only I educated then it would have made or a better situation for all of my pack, So as I see the point of what this thread was to try to take that experience and relay that down that maybe there is a better way to say what you are saying.

Trust me if you were a park rat ou would know. Someone in all black, on rentals, with a goggle gap, usually bought shitty snowpants at Kmart, and a shitty black starter jacket. Come to SNO 75% of people in all black, fit that categorie. "You had to start somewere".

NO SHIT i had to start somewere. I started with an already expierenced park skier, who taught me how to correctly use features, how to hit a rail or box, how to not go off the lips of rails, and not to slide down a landing. Read the code, People who shouldnt be in the park arent following smart style at all.

Edited by mystrymaster

Yea Mountain Creek was on deaths door until Intrawest came, and what did Intrawest do first? (Aside from burning down the lodge?) Replace the lifts and improve the parks. Lifts + Parks = $$$$$. And look at the most important lift there - the gondola is clearly designed more for snowboarders and bikers in the summer than skiers, skiers bitch about it all the time since you have to click in and out all day. Not saying the park should take over the whole mountain, but park is more to a mountain than meets the eye. Even though a small amount of the acreage may be devoted to it, a lot of people will come for a good one, and sometimes a group of people will avoid a mountain for lack of a good one. Even though the majority of the people I ride with don't do any park, we'll go somewhere where this is a good one for the 2 of us that hit stuff and the other 8 will ski around and we'll meet up in the afternoon. Thats ten tickets going somewhere based on the park that represents half a day of 1/5th of the groups riding. Its not atypical.

I like gondola's for the social factor. You get a lot more people and at least once or twice a day you get involved in a malarious conversation. I had one lift this year at creek with 3 guys that fit the 'Da Bears' SNL skit to the T, including the 80s clothes & skis, and were bitching about their wives, the water slide at Mountain Creek that gave one of them an enema because he went down it so fast, and how bad they were at skiing, while drinking bud on the lift. I was laughing so hard on that lift it was great. Up in Canada - always ran into cool guys on the lift who were like 80 and snowboarding or locals who would tell you where to go. Generally you don't get that same conversation on a lift because its a few friends and maybe 1 stranger, or its cold and everyone is just quiet. I like meeting random people and talking a bit.

Although sometimes it gets awkward - like when your on the gondola and two people are making out, thats a little weird.

Gondolas are a lot of fun. The social thing is a big part of it (right next to going up and staying warm). I think its more of a social atmosphere in a gondola because you're facing half the people in it, and you are warm enough to carry on a conversation. I love talking to random people on lifts/gondolas, it makes the ride up a lot more fun and you can generally meet some cool people and hear cool stories.

I like gondola's for the social factor. You get a lot more people and at least once or twice a day you get involved in a malarious conversation.

Although sometimes it gets awkward - like when your on the gondola and two people are making out, thats a little weird.

Well Method, I generally avoid malarious conversations, but I guess you have a better immune system than me. :lol:

I find it pretty weird that people would make out in a gondola with other people in it too. Thats why they put hot tubs in most of the hotel complexes.

Well Method, I generally avoid malarious conversations, but I guess you have a better immune system than me. :lol:

I find it pretty weird that people would make out in a gondola with other people in it too. Thats why they put hot tubs in most of the hotel complexes.

i thought they did that as a substitution for a shower??? no? haha

According to Wikepedia..

A hotbox could refer to:

I've narrowed it down to three possibles:

Hotboxing, smoking marijuana in a small enclosed area, causing it to fill with smoke in order to maximize the effect.

A slang term used to refer to a woman who is eager for sexual intercourse.

A method to wax skis, using a heated box to melt in wax.

I remember Toast saying he hotboxed the Gondola in Whistler....what does that mean? He must've been really freakin warm.

dude, he farted, and it stunk. fogged up the windows and whatnot.

as far as this whole entitlement BS...

CB's "commitment" to "freestyle" has not gone unrealized. They may not be as committed as other areas, but, those areas pretty much only concentrate on that niche because they are lacking everywhere else.

have you ever skied at blue? they have three parks this year and have continually dumped tons of money into improving those parks. just a few years ago, all they had was the little flat run at the bottom of the mountain: one jump, a flat box, a hand rail, and a mailbox. now there are three trails devoted to park riding, and what is probably the best pipe in the area right now. is blue lacking everywhere else? hardly. the two double blacks, razors edge and challenge, are both longer and more difficult than anything i've skied at camelback. paradise and lazy mile are both really long, excellent cruising runs. switchback is steep enough to carry a decent amount of speed, and the banked turns make it a lot of fun. mainstreet is comparable in pitch to a lot of stuff at camelback, but its longer, and the top 2/3 has some really nice bumps built up on the right half of the trail right now. there are also four school hills, each with their own lift. please explain to me how blue is not committed to other aspects of skiing and riding as well as the terrain park?

well Blue is an "other area"... so you indirectly did. and justin took it further to show how blue does not lack in other areas. thanks.

No, he "specifically" did not mention Blue. :banghead

Taking that remedial reading course this semester, I hope.