Paradise, Slow Skiing Trail or Not?

BurtonDominant31

I also i think that all the skipatrols who hide in the woods and jump out wood have a better job working in october for Jason's Woods or shocktoberfest cuz that is where they need scary people jumpin out of the woods not at a ski resort.

o and I

Edited by Youngbloodz

paradise is a slow skiing trail and they keep it well groomed for the beginners. Your sayin y cant we go fast on paradise, but all the beginners are saying why cant we go on sidewinder to watch. Sidewinder is a trail made for the better riders and paradise is made for beginners. So saty off of paradise and theyll stay off sidewinder. Dont get me wrong i love cruisin down paradice but it is a beginner trail.

paradise is a slow skiing trail and they keep it well groomed for the beginners. Your sayin y cant we go fast on paradise, but all the beginners are saying why cant we go on sidewinder to watch. Sidewinder is a trail made for the better riders and paradise is made for beginners. So saty off of paradise and theyll stay off sidewinder. Dont get me wrong i love cruisin down paradice but it is a beginner trail.

Ooh shit, good point

Your sayin y cant we go fast on paradise, but all the beginners are saying why cant we go on sidewinder to watch.

we say that because we dont put ourselves or anybody else at risk by cruising down paradise at a higher rate of speed than the beginner. whereas in the park, when they are there, they not only put themselves at risk but a park rider/skier as well.

I was on paradise last friday skiing it pretty quickly. I mostly stuck to hopping down off to the right and shooting back onto the course (over and over, looking for entertainment). Nobody said anything to me but I wasn't exactly NUKING down the run.

You can still nut yourself on a snowboard :/

Yeah, but not nearly as easily.

we say that because we dont put ourselves or anybody else at risk by cruising down paradise at a higher rate of speed than the beginner. whereas in the park, when they are there, they not only put themselves at risk but a park rider/skier as well.

Ooh shit, good point

But, if Paradise is changed to a normal trail, its still a Green Circle Trail, they can still ride it, but it allows other people who ride under control to ride it faster... As for sidewinder, thats just a big risk to sit in the park to watch in general, with the big hits, your really taking your life in your hands to sit there and watch

we say that because we dont put ourselves or anybody else at risk by cruising down paradise at a higher rate of speed than the beginner.

Ummmm, yes we do. Beginners often move in random directions and are unpredictable, making them a higher risk for even the most agile skiers to accidentally hit if those in question make a sudden unexpected move. Furthermore, when they see people maching down a trail at them, it strikes fear into their hearts, and the most common reaction to this scenario that I've seen is that they fall down. Happens all the time on all the slow skiing trails at Blue.

Even if YOU can play human slalom, that doesn't mean that all the people who consider themselves expert skiers and riders just because they can do Challenge in a wedge are able to. Just like we need to set the example by taking off our skis and boards to climb the steps into Sidewinder, higher level skiers and riders should set an example to those who can go in a straight line just as well as we can, but don't necessarily have the higher level of accident avoidance and traction control(ie. stopping and turning) that we do.

Disclaimer: I'd like to note that if Burma Road has snow blown all over the sides of it like it currently does, anything is fair game on it.

Ummmm, yes we do. Beginners often move in random directions and are unpredictable, making them a higher risk for even the most agile skiers to accidentally hit if those in question make a sudden unexpected move. Furthermore, when they see people maching down a trail at them, it strikes fear into their hearts, and the most common reaction to this scenario that I've seen is that they fall down. Happens all the time on all the slow skiing trails at Blue.

Even if YOU can play human slalom, that doesn't mean that all the people who consider themselves expert skiers and riders just because they can do Challenge in a wedge are able to. Just like we need to set the example by taking off our skis and boards to climb the steps into Sidewinder, higher level skiers and riders should set an example to those who can go in a straight line just as well as we can, but don't necessarily have the higher level of accident avoidance and traction control(ie. stopping and turning) that we do.

Disclaimer: I'd like to note that if Burma Road has snow blown all over the sides of it like it currently does, anything is fair game on it.

A voice of reason and thought..... as good as Paradise is, it's just too crowded at Blue and other PA area slopes. I rip paradise early when its empty and have never been hassled. If you are a good skier and in control, I have found the patrol to be cool. It woudl be great if there were more runs but you have to work with what you have there. Hopefully, they will make the new run something along the lines of paradise. They took away sidewinder for the park which is fine but there is a real need now for something that you can criuse on. Swtichback is a fun run, but it's narrow and typically croweded with novices who are dangerous when ripping. Razors edge is still the best cruiser, Challenge is good but the grooming there is terrible. Too many novices again who crawl down the headwall and poach your lines.

Being a newbie I can still appreciate more experienced skiers wanting to fly down Paradise, and I agree it makes no sense to crack down on people when the trail is deserted. But I'm sure the boarder who knocked down my 8 year old as he slowly plowed down the middle of the trail on Sunday thought he was in control. There were plenty of people skiing and riding "fast" that morning, and most were in control, and as long as we didn't get erratic ourselves, I told my kids not to worry. Problem is, as with many things, people over estimate their abilities, and underestimate the effect it can have on others.