bc new improvements

snowboarddude

that double should be for the terrain parks only with park passes... bear has the set up they really need to implement the park pass thing!!!

:werd I'm all for bear gettin park passes this year

Edited by K2rider

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOSSIP :tinfoil:

I heard that they were getting 900 new snowmachines that can work when its 50 degrees out and they're replacing all the lifts with 6-packs and putting a rope tow to pull fat people up the steps to the lodge and they're cutting 15 new trails and getting 35 new rails and hiring a whole platoon of new people for the park crew and they're bringing in illegals to shovel snow for the jumps and they're hosting the 2011 Winter X-Games

:dance::dance::slap:

If they make some decent improvements I might get a season pass there. It's closer and cheaper than Blue right now, and I want to ski alot this upcoming season. I can bear the drive to BC after school but Blue is way to far to be driving to after a long day of school, well the ride home is what would suck. I just hope that if I get a pass there, they'll have a better season in the beginning than they did last year.

^^^^^^

OMG you are so funny...stfu

Anyways I am ALL for park passes, like said above they have the perfect set upfor it with the double there and half of the tubing and cascade. Like Icon said some down "street" rails would be great as well.

Hahah doesnt that guy sort of look like mr. d in the pic.

But i dont know if they would do that cause they lost so much money from last year due to the short season and all the upgrades and now the addition onto the hotel. Maybe in a year or 2. But yeah screw season pass prices going up, thats so ragingly doug. <hahaha

But i dont know if they would do that cause they lost so much money from last year due to the short season and all the upgrades and now the addition onto the hotel. Maybe in a year or 2.

I don't think they took much of a hit in the wallet last year.It was a really busy short season.Plus they have money coming in all year.

Edited by Mixilplix

I think there raising prices is a way to control the crowds....That sounds kinda fucked up but BC is only so big and people just keep coming.It get's way too crowded way too quick.So a way to keep the crowds down...raise the price....I'm waiting to see what the daily rates are..yikes

Edited by Mixilplix

so this morning i was checking out the webcam and i noticed that they have put light posts in tubing in about the middle all the way up...idk but i think that might be a sign that were gonna get the big hit park all year from now on...at least i hope so...but what is up with all this new piping, are they putting in more guns or just trying to get more water up the hill?

Time to break the silence.

Here are the improvements for this year:

1) Separating lower Black Bear from Lower Kodiak to allow more features to be put in that area and eliminate cross traffic

2) Adding an additional pump house with another 4000 gpm capacity, doubling our total pumping capacity to 8000 gpm

3) Doubling the size of the upper pond to accommodate storage requirements for doubled pumping capacity

4) Addition of 20 new automated fan guns

5) Permanent separation between the tubing park and the terrain park set up in the tubing area

6) Additional lighting in the tubing park area of the terrain park

7) New 64 room hotel, spa, outdoor pool and a new bar and grill

8) Dedicated park patrol to educate users on proper use and direct users to parks appropriate for their skill level

9) Increased park crew size with the goal of keeping all our features pristine and enable more frequent changes in the park

10) New Pisten Bully groomer, allowing 2 cats to be dedicated to the park each night

Now, to dispel some myths and confirm some rumors. Yes, the doubled pumping capacity will allow us to run all 120 guns at one time down to a wet-bulb of 23F. This will translate into the ability to open with more terrain and deeper base depths, earlier creation of larger features and faster recover from warm spells.

As for pass prices, we did increase pass prices by roughly 10%, adding roughly

talkin bout mark.. i really wish he would give us some ideas of wat is happening! it doesn't look like they r putting any new trails or lifts in this year but who knows!

happy now dude? haha just messin with you.

those are some really exciting improvements. im gonna miss bear this season. the lighting in the tubing park and whatnot sounds awesome. I will however miss the double when its replaced, i love that lift

edit: even with the raise in prices, the passes and tickets are still damn reasonable. Can we get a reduction on the food prices though? :rolleyes:

Edited by collective addiction

thats AWSOME!!!!!!! all this just shows how dedicated you guys are to running a resort and making us (passholders) happy.

I :wub: Bear Creek

i am gonna miss that lift too. if you guys dont sell the lift i might buy one of the chairs off you.