events list for 2008 season

sarasnow16

to all the skiers that are complaining - do you guys actually compete in that many comps and really give a shit? i didnt know comps were that big of a deal that people had to cry about it.

You have no idea how many there are and how many more would come if... Naaaaa it seems obvious to me that they don't have any FS skiing contacts or are too lazy to use them. I choose the latter.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BB is dissin' skiers. That's one of the reasons I'm becoming a Sno ho.

are you really? thats awesome

a little while ago there was a movie premier in boston. the kids puttin it on did a great job of advertising, hyping it up, and just plain gettin the word out. it was an all skier movie, no boarders. the day of the event brought so many kids to the theater. some people even flew in, just to see a movie.

there is no doubt a demand for skiers, if they put on an event and the turnout is low...thats their fault. they didnt do a good enough job of showing they can provide something skiers want (whether it be a good park setup for a contest or a kickass movie). or nobody simply heard the event was going to happen. if they do things right, the event will be a success, thats almost guaranteed.

they really just dont want to, and theyve already proved that.

BDK...do you have the VIP pass thingy with the early bird pass or whatever the hell they call it? This option allows you early access to the slopes to cut some freshies before the mountain opens. I'm unaware of all the details. I know you were usually the first customer on the hill at JF last season.

Honestly, as long as they keep Jack Frost a free skiing mountain, I'm good. They can do whatever they like at Boulder IMO. If it works, more power to them. It's just too small for me personally. For park riders it's the perfect size so why not? Yeah they should probably let freestyle skiers and snowboarders join all the comps but I can understand the Mike and Matts is a snowboard shop argument as well. I have no problem with Boulder using what they have to their advantage. Now if Jack Frost goes the same direction then I'll be looking elsewhere for a pass next season. Just my take.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

BDK...do you have the VIP pass thingy with the early bird pass or whatever the hell they call it? This option allows you early access to the slopes to cut some freshies before the mountain opens. I'm unaware of all the details. I know you were usually the first customer on the hill at JF last season.

Yeah, I have the VIP pass. I don't know if I'll go for 7:30. It's already tiring enough to go for 8 am, then have to go work 2nd shift.

Also, a way to boost pass sales would be to offer a separate pass for just JF, similar to the BB pass. I'd be willing to get a ticket every day for a JF season pass, if it would be cheaper, since BB isn't really holding much interest for me anymore. If I do any night sking, it will be mostly at Sno.

freakin Sno Mountain is hosting the 2008 Salomon Jib Academy. this year. (it's an all skier event/comp) I hope they learn to build jumps. I took nips to the one at Waterville valley last year.

thats an interesting development. will ryan neptune try and jump through a banner and break something in the process for the opening procession of the comp or something along those lines?

• 2 weeks later...

nov 3rd rail jam at mike n matts is gonna be sicckkk. we have the drop in shaped with dirt already, about 25 to 30 feet tall, cash purse of 1000 as of now but it may be more. we have a machine that turns water into ice, and then the ice into snow, so be sure there will be plenty of snow. ill have more info later this week, once we have the posters made ill post one up on here.