07-08 Park Ideas

Rodeo Steve

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the way out, we crossed paths with 2 dudes from snowgrind. I was talking to the one guy for a minute or so. They were headed in to work on some more rails. They said they finished the rollercoaster box. 50 feet long and 4 feet wide.....sweeeet He said they were going to work on some more "curved rails, but not like a c or s rail"......that scared me. Crackerbarrel part II coming up.... :unsure:

Too bad the DFD isn't a rail :/

yeah, actually we got a pretty sick dfd rail at the rail jam last season and they used it in the later part of the season. so at least we have that

and about the old rails.. yeah im sure theyve been there. but some of those havent been out for several years. so i think thats cool. :rolleyes:

I guess there's no time like the present to try something new! I usually stay out of the park on the EC since its gotten so much more hardcore than whenI started riding. It's pretty intimidating to be a total beginner in the park with 12 year olds tearing it up.

This year is the year that I actually make an effort to learn it and spend time in the park.

AHH the old rails! I think I just creamed myself. I thought they were all gone. haha but seriously we have the longest park around basically and a lot of the smaller parks around almost have as many jibs if not more. We could definately throw a lot more in there. What Im hoping for is more double or even triple take off jumps. Well maybe not triple but definately double. That dfd looks like a lot of fun though. Props to Park Crue its looking good.

Edited by Rodeo Steve

On the way out, we crossed paths with 2 dudes from snowgrind. I was talking to the one guy for a minute or so. They were headed in to work on some more rails. They said they finished the rollercoaster box. 50 feet long and 4 feet wide.....sweeeet He said they were going to work on some more "curved rails, but not like a c or s rail"......that scared me. Crackerbarrel part II coming up.... :unsure:

4 feet wide?!? are you kidding me?! that is terrible. i hate to criticize everything that Blue does... but once they stop making stupid shit and building RAILS INSTEAD OF GIANT-ASS BOXES the criticism will most likely stop.

as for the 'curved rails'.... i think that is the scariest part. haha. but it could potentially be good. crackerbarrel part 2? i think we saw that last year with the 's'-box thing that failed... how about crackerbarrel part 3.

4 feet wide?!? are you kidding me?! that is terrible. i hate to criticize everything that Blue does... but once they stop making stupid shit and building RAILS INSTEAD OF GIANT-ASS BOXES the criticism will most likely stop.

as for the 'curved rails'.... i think that is the scariest part. haha. but it could potentially be good. crackerbarrel part 2? i think we saw that last year with the 's'-box thing that failed... how about crackerbarrel part 3.

Welcome to the boards. Feel free to introduce yourself in the "introduce yourself" thread.

We'll see what happens up at Blue once they stop blowing snow on Sidewinder...

you must have lost your game since you're back to your real life again i see...

but anyway, your post pretty much sums up my thoughts. i could almost comfortably sleep on something 4 feet wide. a rollercoaster box that was maybe 18 inches wide, thats pretty standard, but 4 feet? you get to a point when a box gets so wide its actually more dangerous because if you fall, there's no chance you're going to fall on snow, you're going to fall on plastic or steel. when the coping has a hard edge to it, like most of blue's boxes do, i would much rather fall on snow than angular steel. every other ski area bases their parks on well built jumps and simple, versatile rails that allow creativity, and they have success with it. giant sliding boards and swingsets and art sculptures and junkyard scraps get old once you've done enough calculus to figure out the exact angle and trajectory needed to hit them without dying.

Ya know what I was thinkin' though? If any of the kids in the various programs at Blue were misbehaving, you could tie em down in front of the bulldozer and fire that thing up and give it a few revs and I bet they'd crap their pants and shape up pretty quick...

IMGP0638.jpg

Edited by T*Maki

it'll be a lot of fun. But not for sidewinder. As far as the "curved rails"....who knows what's next?

I think they should lift the blade of that dozer and setit up like a wall ride...

i think they should move the dozer......anywhere but in the park

Round coping should be put into the plans more at blue. it's been said before, and for good reasons. Look at all of the craziest parks around/far. Where's their square coping?