Ski & Snowboard Service Center Technician Needed

Ashleigh S

The Ski & Snowboard Service Center (Repair Shop) at Camelback Ski Area is currently looking for a part-time technician. Available hours are Mon-Wed-Sun 4-9pm and Fri-Sat 4-10pm. Great pay and benefits- including a free Sun-Fri Season Pass, tubing park privileges PLUS lift tickets you can give to your family/friends! Experience in repair/tuning necessary, we will provide the binding certifications. Call Teri in the Rental Shop at 570.629.1661 x2251 for more information. Applications are available online at www.skicamelback.com

Getting back on topic.

You guys are too much. Whether you can recognize it or not, CB payed a compliment to the users of this board by posting a position here. And then you crucify them. Can't wait til you guys start getting jury duty.

A sweat shop could post an opening on here too, should we all jump on it and applause??

F them if they treat their people like that... honestly it doesn't cost them .01 to give their employees a season pass.

They have the lifts running anyway and there are plenty of open chairs that could be ridden by their employees who in turn could be looking after their precious mountain while they are skiing / riding / promoting it... blah blah. How do you expect anyone to expect someone who can't even respect the people they know and trust to work for them??? Ethics like this are exactly why there are so many disgruntled employees in the world... Pay people like crap, then crap on em and expect them to bend over backwards and give a reach around in the process... Give a little get a LOT....

My utter disdain for CB aside, they have always been generous with letting their employees AND family members ski for free. I do think employees getting an "unlimited pass" is a bit much. Keep in mind, they don't have to let anyone ski for free. I mean, come on- what person in his right mind would want to ski at CB on a weekend anyway- free or otherwise. Hell, they could pay me, and I still wouldn't ski there on a Saturday afternoon. That place is jammed. CB wants you working- not skiing on the weekend.

Picture this: a good percentage of their help goes to school (high school or college) and ONLY works nights and weekends. If they had free unlimited skiing for their employees and it snowed friday night, how many of their employees would call off sick for Saturday and go skiing? Then what are they suppose to do, fire everybody? They would be foolish to allow employees free skiing on weekend days.

Edited by emtp563

The adult Sun-Fri season pass sells for $389.00 and college student pass sells for $259.00 plus there are probably receiving a lift-ticket voacher for each day that they work that they can give to anyone. Seems like a decent extra to me.

The adult Sun-Fri season pass sells for $389.00 and college student pass sells for $259.00 plus there are probably receiving a lift-ticket voacher for each day that they work that they can give to anyone. Seems like a decent extra to me.

Seems like they could give it to themselves if they weren't scheduled to work? Sounds fine if you think about it that way.

Seems like they could give it to themselves if they weren't scheduled to work? Sounds fine if you think about it that way.

Work a five or six hour shift and get a $49 ticket voucher? If so, then it's the best deal ever. I don't see it, though, Sib...

And I have to tell ya, guys, we may not see much of Ms. Ashleigh around here with that sort of piling on...a lot of local hills have been pulling back on the employee perks. Don't be hatin' on the player so much, especially the female one's...

Well, if they only get one ticket a week, say for the MWF 4-9 shift, they could still use it for that missing Saturday.

I've never been rude enough to ask him how long he has to work to earn them, but it's how 'Dude has made a friend for life in Ty by passing along CBeach tickets each year.

It's my understanding that the various people working for CB on a part time basis get a A voucher each time they work. This is their only way to get recreate at CB. So if they want to go and bring a friend they have to work 2 days.

I think they would do what blue mountain does, and give at free season passes, but (and I don't know if blue mountain does this) if they quit, the pass would be revoked. CB obviously doesn't scan passes, so they have to rely on the voucher system.

For some reason I want to say the full-time positions get season pass perks, and some other goodies (either free or drastically reduced passes for anyone in the family). The tech position sounds more like full-time perks, for a part time job.

Even if mountains are cutting back on perks, is the cost to CB so great that they can't give their employees a real "freebie" on saturdays? Does it cost them any money at all to service the few employees who are visiting as guests that day? Just seems extra stingy to me. If I wanted the job though, it wouldn't be the deal breaker.

It's my understanding that the various people working for CB on a part time basis get a A voucher each time they work. This is their only way to get recreate at CB. So if they want to go and bring a friend they have to work 2 days.

I think they would do what blue mountain does, and give at free season passes, but (and I don't know if blue mountain does this) if they quit, the pass would be revoked. CB obviously doesn't scan passes, so they have to rely on the voucher system.

For some reason I want to say the full-time positions get season pass perks, and some other goodies (either free or drastically reduced passes for anyone in the family). The tech position sounds more like full-time perks, for a part time job.

Even if mountains are cutting back on perks, is the cost to CB so great that they can't give their employees a real "freebie" on saturdays? Does it cost them any money at all to service the few employees who are visiting as guests that day? Just seems extra stingy to me. If I wanted the job though, it wouldn't be the deal breaker.

That makes sense... I didn't think about the whole scanning of season passes thing..

All mountains should do what they do out west and scan every persons ticket/pass as they get on the lift... would cut out a lot of the scamming for sure...

Then they wouldn't feel the need to skimp on employee perks... I mean an unlimited pass for someone who's more than likely extremely limited on skiing time due to the fact they are working there when others are skiing, just makes total sense... The pass per work day seems more than fair for sure... and if someone called in sick and was scanned in as skiing when they were supposed to be at work, they should be fired and pass revoked.. no question there...

My son works at Camelback and I have to tell you it seems pretty fair to me. He has worked in the rental shop since he was a sophmore in HS ~He is now a freshman at college working during his break and on weekends.

He gets a FREE Sunday through Friday season pass, which is also good every night, so the only restriction he has is he can not ride on Saturday day (seriously big deal). He gets two (2) vouchers attached to his pay check each week which are good for a lift ticket and a ski rental (both FREE) that he can give to his friends (when his sister isn't using them). He learned to snowboard for FREE last winter, both the lessons were FREE and the snowboard rentals (Burton) were FREE. PLUS we can go snowtubing if we want (yes for FREE). He aslo gets 1/2 off his food (Yes it is Cafeteria food but it is reasonalble with the discount). He was able to purchase some things at the loft (20% off for CB employees) with the money he earned. He makes just a bit over minimum wage ($7.50) but with all the perks it adds up to be a pretty good deal.

He loves the people he works with (he has made some very good friends there) his bosses are nice, what more can a person ask for? His sister can't wait until she is old enough to work there. So before you knock Camelback, think of all the kids that have worked there and who have learned a sport they love. It's not so bad and if you think about it, the management there could be way worse....

My son works at Camelback and I have to tell you it seems pretty fair to me. He has worked in the rental shop since he was a sophmore in HS ~He is now a freshman at college working during his break and on weekends.

He gets a FREE Sunday through Friday season pass, which is also good every night, so the only restriction he has is he can not ride on Saturday day (seriously big deal). He gets two (2) vouchers attached to his pay check each week which are good for a lift ticket and a ski rental (both FREE) that he can give to his friends (when his sister isn't using them). He learned to snowboard for FREE last winter, both the lessons were FREE and the snowboard rentals (Burton) were FREE. PLUS we can go snowtubing if we want (yes for FREE). He aslo gets 1/2 off his food (Yes it is Cafeteria food but it is reasonalble with the discount). He was able to purchase some things at the loft (20% off for CB employees) with the money he earned. He makes just a bit over minimum wage ($7.50) but with all the perks it adds up to be a pretty good deal.

He loves the people he works with (he has made some very good friends there) his bosses are nice, what more can a person ask for? His sister can't wait until she is old enough to work there. So before you knock Camelback, think of all the kids that have worked there and who have learned a sport they love. It's not so bad and if you think about it, the management there could be way worse....

Welcome to PASR :rock

Thanks for that post, hopefully it puts the argument to rest.

Heck yeah that tosses that complaint directly into the circular file fo sho'....