Rollcall: Sunday 11/25

Philpug

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving my house bout 7ish. Phillywhipped formally Phillycore will not be joining us. ;). If someone from Delco wants to join me, post by the AM so we can meet. Finndog will be meeting us up there.

I'll be there about 4:15ish...If you guys are still there at that time look me up ... grey pants, olive green jacket, grey helmet.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

I haven't decided what I am wearing yet, other than it will be makeshift. All my ski clothing is in VT. I know for sure that I will be sporting my slime green Kryptons and Blizzard Mag SL skis. I could be going "gaper" and be wearing jeans.

I'll be there about 4:15ish...If you guys are still there at that time look me up ... grey pants, olive green jacket, grey helmet.

And what about the Pat's game at 8? You going to miss that???? The could....loose? :crymore: What??? You say they are playing the Eagles? Well, it will be a nice night to ski. :naughty

sorry didn't finish the post cause wife was on phone from staples.... turns out they didn't have the laptop there so I had to call the other stores in the area to find it... found one now she has to drive all the way to that store to get it. UGh doesn't look like skiing is going to happen today..

And what about the Pat's game at 8? You going to miss that???? The could....loose? :crymore: What??? You say they are playing the Eagles? Well, it will be a nice night to ski. :naughty

lol...trust me Phil, I'll be home by kickoff. I think it'll be closer than people think but the Pats still win :D ... Hope to see you out there when I get there.

Just got home. A pretty good day on the snow. JFBB is a class act and blow some very good snow. Phillywhipped, you missed a good day. Started to get crowded so Finn and I took off.

Thanks for the TR...I'll be heading out in about an hour. Phil, good to see you're showing a little love for a PA resort.

yeah yeah I know I did, b ut I did get a new laptop out of the deal.... HPDV9507 for $599 after rebate Not bad for a 17" laptop with 1gb / 120gb I know I'll probably need to upgrade the memory to 2gb down the road since it came with vista, but still one hell of a deal on a 17" notebook.

My TR for today.

Strolled out of my house around 10am. Felt like sleeping in today. Got there around 11:30. Bought the $20 ticket and took the chair up. Did the first run down the "middle run" ( I forget the name of it ). Then proceeded to take rest of the runs down Boulder Park / Snowdrift. The snow was perfect for carving today. I took full advantage of it. I did probably 15 laps of Snowdrift / BB Park. The conditions were perfect, there were a few other racers there too carving it up. I left around 3:00pm, it was a good day. The weather was perfect as well; not too warm, not too cold. I just wore my black hoodie all day.

I noticed a few PASR stickers on the lift chairs. I also noticed a person with a black PASR (D.A.R.E. style lettering) hoodie going down BB Park.

The only thing I'll knock on today is my iPod mix. I still had my cycling mix on it. It's a terrible mix for skiing. The traffic at the Wawa at the turnpike interchange was insane.

Looks I'm off of skiing 'til Friday or Saturday. :banghead

One word to describe Big Boulder tonight....WOW. The amount of snow they layed down since last weekend is incredible. Like Matt said, the snow was perfect for racers. It was a bit skied off in the middle of the trails but still edgable (sp?). The sides of the trails especially on Boulder Park were perfect. With the forcast this week they may have most of that hill covered by next weekend. Hopefully they'll start on Jack Frost too. What they're doing is impressive for sure.

Did the first run down the "middle run" ( I forget the name of it ). Then proceeded to take rest of the runs down Boulder Park / Snowdrift.

The middle run is Merry Widow. It was nice having another top to bottom trail open. FYI, snowdrift wasn't open...that was just Boulder that you were on. Snowdrift is the little section to skier's right, that looks like a half pipe.

WOW... lots of PASR people were there today. I didn't seee any of you did I? If you see me, ask for PASR stickers or tees, hoodies. Old guy with bright blue jacket either filming or lapping Big Boulder.

you never told me you had tees and hoodies. :crymore: