Jack Frost?

C1erArt

So Camelback and Blue Mountain started blowing snow - any action yet at Jack Frost?

The site still says "Closed for the season.Thank You for sliding with us" which IMO at this time of year should at least be updated. Hopefully they'll begin snowmaking tonight and continue all of this week with 10 straight nights of low 20's / teens we have forecasted. I would love to be skiing at JF by this weekend. But again any update on the site would be nice.

Sorry to break the news, but it doesn't look like you'll be doing it this weekend. I called and they said that Dec. 8 is the tennative opening date, not this weekend :banghead .

Wow, with the cold temps last night and forcasted lows in the teens (or close to it) tonight, tomm, and Friday night I thought they'd easily be able to open JF by the weekend....a little disappointing but given what JFBB has done this year I'm definitely not complaining.

Wow, with the cold temps last night and forcasted lows in the teens (or close to it) tonight, tomm, and Friday night I thought they'd easily be able to open JF by the weekend....a little disappointing but given what JFBB has done this year I'm definitely not complaining.

May be Staffing issue ??? Staff was probably hired to start the planned opeing of the 8th.. That and the cost of running 2 mountains when there aren't that many people out yet...

But what do I know ???

Guess its another weekend at Boulder :wiggle:wiggle:wiggle

:downhill:

Dec. 8th. That's the day. That will be an opening with coverage from Frosty to Challenge. I can't wait.

Hopefully that will also include Exhibition. I like that trail for carving. I know it takes a shit load of snow to cover that trail, but if the temps hold out, they should be able to do that amount of terrain in a week. Of all the trails at JF, that one should have had fan guns put on it, due to the large amount of snow needed.

Hopefully that will also include Exhibition. I like that trail for carving. I know it takes a shit load of snow to cover that trail, but if the temps hold out, they should be able to do that amount of terrain in a week. Of all the trails at JF, that one should have had fan guns put on it, due to the large amount of snow needed.

remember that year when exhibition never opened at all?

I don't go to frost much, but I don't see Exhibition on thier trail map.

Just noticed you are correct - FUNNY - its on the map just NOT LABELED :banghead

Its the trail under the ABSTACT lift between T-bolt/thunderbolt and Demattes....

Never notice that before...

Edited by suittman

I don't go to frost much, but I don't see Exhibition on thier trail map.
Just noticed you are correct - FUNNY - its on the map just NOT LABELED :banghead Its the trail under the ABSTACT lift between T-bolt/thunderbolt and Demattes....Never notice that before...
Looks like two people need vision check-ups. Look at the map again. In the center, under the blue square, it's labeled :yes .

• 2 weeks later...
Elevator, if they kept it as one of the "on the map" trails and blew snow on it, has potential to be one of the best runs in the area.

heh, they tried that one year, it was the worst mistake the JFBB team ever made. For one, it turned into an ice sheet and they could not not groom it after the first time. Also, the elevator if by far the most difficult run in the poconos. It should be not be advertised, and should be hidden from your average gaper. Everyone who can ski worth a damn knows where it is anyway...

to doug, my educated guess would be that the elevator is close to a 40 degree pitch in spots.