12/17/07

Dan-

Arrived at blue around 9ish. It was a bit cold and super windy. Rode with Trev and KT. Snow was sugary, and will probably remain that way for the rest of the day as i don't think it's going above freezing up there for the day. They were blowing on alot of the mountain and Burma looks like its either going to open today or tomorrow.

I dunno what the hell kind of stuff fell from the sky yesterday up there but everything is glassed over with some mixture of ice/snow. Stuff is solid as a rock and can support cars.

haha yeah i was up there until 10:30 and didnt run into any of you. must have been in the park or something cuz i was riding main and lazy the whole time. and yes, it does support cars. my car was sitting on a sheet of it and it didnt break through or leave and tire marks. crazy stuff i tell ya.

I'm skipping skiing today...I'm so freaking tired from shoveling at work and I expect the conditions to be pretty bad. I'll be out there tomorrow after work. I'm sick of the stupid ass'd Sugar Snow...hopefully tomorrow it gets above freezing so the sugar snow becomes mad applesauce..and then freezes into a smoother surface. What other trails were they blowing on besides Burma Road?

did you just miss two days in a row? holy shit.

Yeah I'm skipping today as well. I have to stay after school until 4 so I wouldn't be up there until much later. Tuesdays are always at least my one weekday skiing day, I have no 7th period so I get out at 2...steezy.

See everybody tomorrow around 3:30....hopefully we get some more trails and better snow. I need to get in shape for Stowe this weekend.

Yeah I'm skipping today as well. I have to stay after school until 4 so I wouldn't be up there until much later. Tuesdays are always at least my one weekday skiing day, I have no 7th period so I get out at 2...steezy.

See everybody tomorrow around 3:30....hopefully we get some more trails and better snow. I need to get in shape for Stowe this weekend.

tomorrow i'll be up at 8:30. when i get back i'll post a report and let people know if there are any new trails open or if they should be disappointed again. haha.

I dunno what the hell kind of stuff fell from the sky yesterday up there but everything is glassed over with some mixture of ice/snow. Stuff is solid as a rock and can support cars.

i live in bethlehem and my yard is covered with this stuff... prolly 3 inches thick, seems solid like ice... i thought it was going to be soft... tried to cut across my yard to the mailbox, almost ate it and slid down the hill unable to stop until i hit the road... haha not cool

on a brighter note tho the weather for tomorrow looks nice and a little warmer, definitely gonna be up

Does anyone find it odd that the days I don't ski, Doug doesn't feel like skiing, either?

Nations that recognize gay marriage:

Canada

In June of 2005, the Canadian Parliament enacted a law allowing legal marriage for same-sex couples.

Belgium

The second nation to legalize same-sex marriage in 2003.

Netherlands

The first country to grant gay marriage in 2001.

South Africa

South Africa became the fifth nation to recognize gay marriage in 2005.

Spain

Spain became the fourth nation to allow gay marriage on June 29, 2005.

US States:

Maryland: The 33-year-old Maryland state law defining marriage as a union between a man and woman was struck down on 1/20/06 by Circuit Court Judge M. Brooke Murdock. An appeal is pending.

Massachusetts: Has court ruling that strikes down any ban on same-sex marriages. However, out of state gay residents may find it difficult to get married in Massachusetts.

Oregon: In November, 2004, voters passed Measure 36 defining marriage as between one man and one woman. This puts the marriages in Multnomah County of 2,961 gay couples into limbo. In the past, the court had issued requirements that gay-marriage licenses be registered.

As of January 1, 2008, residents of Oregon can register for domestic partnerships and receive all the rights, benefits, privileges and immunities that are given to married couples in Oregon.

Vermont: Has law that legalizes and recognizes same-sex civil unions.

I know... :blink::blink: I just have a bad instinct about today..I feel like because I'm physically sore and mentally tired..that I could get injured..next thing you know, I won't be counting my runs.. :banghead

Uh oh... don't post that conditions are crappy or I'll never get you know who out this weekend.

Nations that recognize gay marriage:

Canada

In June of 2005, the Canadian Parliament enacted a law allowing legal marriage for same-sex couples.

Belgium

The second nation to legalize same-sex marriage in 2003.

Netherlands

The first country to grant gay marriage in 2001.

South Africa

South Africa became the fifth nation to recognize gay marriage in 2005.

Spain

Spain became the fourth nation to allow gay marriage on June 29, 2005.

US States:

Maryland: The 33-year-old Maryland state law defining marriage as a union between a man and woman was struck down on 1/20/06 by Circuit Court Judge M. Brooke Murdock. An appeal is pending.

Massachusetts: Has court ruling that strikes down any ban on same-sex marriages. However, out of state gay residents may find it difficult to get married in Massachusetts.

Oregon: In November, 2004, voters passed Measure 36 defining marriage as between one man and one woman. This puts the marriages in Multnomah County of 2,961 gay couples into limbo. In the past, the court had issued requirements that gay-marriage licenses be registered.

As of January 1, 2008, residents of Oregon can register for domestic partnerships and receive all the rights, benefits, privileges and immunities that are given to married couples in Oregon.

Vermont: Has law that legalizes and recognizes same-sex civil unions.

Bwahhhaaaa!

haha yeah i was up there until 10:30

doubt it...

Do you want to get banned again shadows? :modpower:

callin' the kettle black...

Things were fun today, especially in some of the spots it had warmed up. Top of Main was nice, fresh snow in Come Around, Burma Road open, Lazy was alright, and the little birds in the lodge say Paradise opening at some point tomorrow. Had the new skis out all morning and had some fun getting used to something with edges and no twin tip.