anybody been to vermont lately?

Justo8484

i wouldent go to killy for parks. i would go for trees and steeps and big mountain vibe. i was there jan 6-12 it was a good time even tho a warm spell hit and there was alot of bare spots but they made up for it in 1 night of blowing and a 3 inch sno fall up top. no lift lines mid week what so ever. if u time it right and get a nice sno fall it would be awesome...im going back up spring break march 9-15 cant wait

i wouldent go to killy for parks. i would go for trees and steeps and big mountain vibe. i was there jan 6-12 it was a good time even tho a warm spell hit and there was alot of bare spots but they made up for it in 1 night of blowing and a 3 inch sno fall up top. no lift lines mid week what so ever. if u time it right and get a nice sno fall it would be awesome...im going back up spring break march 9-15 cant wait

i'd hardly call killy anything close to big mountain... but yeah, i'm going with my girlfriend, so i wont be skiing park. it'll be nice to go somewhere besides blue and actually be able to make more than 5 turns and be done with the run. last time i rode park at killy was early season last year, and it wasnt all that great. its a fun mountain to cruise around though.

jeff, you telling me your mom was at stratton doesnt tell me anything about the skiing, you clown.

next year dont waste your money on two trips to killington. east coast sucks, even if it is vermont. use your money and go west.

each 6 day trip ran me 285 bucks. included condo at the base and 5 and 1/2 day lift ticket. so 2 trips for 600 bucks. 1 trip out west would be atleast 1000, i think. i know west is the nasty compared to east coast, so maybe ur right but whatever i dont mind the drive up with friends its always fun

each 6 day trip ran me 285 bucks. included condo at the base and 5 and 1/2 day lift ticket. so 2 trips for 600 bucks. 1 trip out west would be atleast 1000, i think. i know west is the nasty compared to east coast, so maybe ur right but whatever i dont mind the drive up with friends its always fun

Depending on where, and how you do it, and if you know anyone, you can do a trip out west for pretty cheap. I could easily do a ton of trips to VT if i didn't go west, but riding something that is sick, compared to average is worth the extra bills.

And im heading up to jay is 2 weeks. Hopefully they get some snow.

My friends have a house at Jay this year.....the warmer weather and rain last week really killed the off trail skiing. Word is with a few days and a little snow all should be well up north. Now for Killy I would imagine they would need at the very least an additional foot to make the trees really skiable thought the trails are probably fine.

got back from K last night not as good as when i was there on the 1st but still amazing. They just opened there big park and the super pipe which is absolutely huge and gnar. The only down to K is that there is alot of flats and uphill sections to get to lifts and to other parts of the mountain. Also all the parks (open now) are spread through out the 7 mountain peaks which is sometimes a pain. Huge melt down last week but they got a few inches on 2 separate days so almost everything trail wise is open. If you get a storm while your up there hit growler, its the wooded trail on the side of outerlimits.

im at killington right now, and it straight up sucks.

i really would not suggest coming here right now unless you just want to cruise.

they are lacking alot of snow so all of the glades are closed and the parks are not fun at all. they do have good jumps tho.

also, its just as icy here as it is at blue mountaint. LAMEEE

oh and to make things worse, they have one of the gondalas closed because new management sucks and there is a "lack of traffic"..

leaving everyone at the skiside villages without a way to the top of the mountain.

:angry:

k1 is open. and skyship is only from the midpoint. But skyship is not open from the base area

Were you there during the week? I think I read it somewhere on here but K-Mart's new management only runs the lower part of Skyship on the weekends and holidays. That's why we're going to Okemo for my B-Day and not K-Mart.

Were you there during the week? I think I read it somewhere on here but K-Mart's new management only runs the lower part of Skyship on the weekends and holidays. That's why we're going to Okemo for my B-Day and not K-Mart.

yep im here during the week. good choice with okemo > killington.. just got in for lunch and this place is beat.

EVERYONE calls it K-Mart. More so the good skiers/riders than the gapers.

Closing the lower Skye Ship gondi mid-week is a BIG mistake IMHO. Yeah, Great Eastern is considered "lame" by the hardcore crowd, but if you know the alternate routes, it's a great LONG cruiser trail!

I bet the new management rethinks closing the lower Skye Ship next year due to lost business. Most of the people taking a mid-week ski vacation are looking for long cruisers. That would make me rethink a trip to K-mart. I want to take my son there. But not when lower Skye Ship is closed. And we aren't going on a weekend!

EVERYONE calls it K-Mart. More so the good skiers/riders than the gapers.

Closing the lower Skye Ship gondi mid-week is a BIG mistake IMHO. Yeah, Great Eastern is considered "lame" by the hardcore crowd, but if you know the alternate routes, it's a great LONG cruiser trail!

I bet the new management rethinks closing the lower Skye Ship next year due to lost business. Most of the people taking a mid-week ski vacation are looking for long cruisers. That would make me rethink a trip to K-mart. I want to take my son there. But not when lower Skye Ship is closed. And we aren't going on a weekend!

I was looking to go midweek. After reading what they are doing, they lost my business.

95% of the mountain is still open midweek..just the long runout at the bottom is closed...I wouldn't miss Killington just because of the lower Skyeship being closed midweek. I most likely won't be skiing Vermont until the PASR weekend at Stowe in April... :crymore:

But you wouldn't really go to K-Mart to ski GE either. I think another poster nailed it when they said that most people going up to VT midweek are looking for long cruisers. Losing the end really shortens that trail, cuts out the woods, bridge, etc. Honestly the reason we chose Okemo over K-Mart is that particular lift closure. When we went last year we skied most of the trails on the mountain early but always ended up on GE for 3 or 4 runs per day. It's fun, long, uncrowded and well groomed. What more can an intermediate skier want?