JFBB wishlist

RidgeRacer

While I love skiing at Jack Frost I wouldn't mind seeing a few changes / upgrades to make a great place even better. Here's a list of things I would like to see happen (in no particular order) in the near future . Since I ski mainly at Frost most of what I have is directed there.

1) Replace the east mt.and abstract chairs with high speed lifts.

2) Night skiing at Jack Frost

3) Nastar

4) Clear out some of the branches and brush from the elevator to make it more skiable

5) Get french fries like the ones at Blue

6) When BB is the first to open, blow on the boulder park and/or mittl-weg trails along with freedom to spread the crowds out.

7) Maybe open JF with a trail or two at the same time BB opens and possibly close JF in Mid April along with BB.

8) Bring the $50 JFBB bucks back with purchase of a season pass.

9) Keep JF open until 5pm later in the season when there's still plenty of daylight.

That's all I got for right now. Feel free to add to the list.

While I love skiing at Jack Frost I wouldn't mind seeing a few changes / upgrades to make a great place even better. Here's a list of things I would like to see happen (in no particular order) in the near future . Since I ski mainly at Frost most of what I have is directed there.

My comments -

One thing nice about Frost is once you do get to the top the trails aren't too crowded - high speed lifts would make the trails a lot more crowded. A couple of runs last Sunday on Challenge there was literally no one on the slope once I hit the first headwall. Nothing like trail edge to trail edge high speed turns. Floyds and River Shot are pretty narrow for a lot of people.

The additional pressure on the slopes would give less time for blowing snow and grooming (although at some point they stop blowing snow for the season).

3) Nastar

That would be great.

4) Clear out some of the branches and brush from the elevator to make it more skiable

Looks like Elevator and Little Cliff Huck are things of the past.

Too many calories.

6) When BB is the first to open, blow on the boulder park and/or mittl-weg trails along with freedom to spread the crowds out.

7) Maybe open JF with a trail or two at the same time BB opens and possibly close JF in Mid April along with BB.

Keep it open and they will come? Gets pretty dead around mid March even with $20 lift tickets.

Maybe then I could afford the french fries.

9) Keep JF open until 5pm later in the season when there's still plenty of daylight.

That would also be great.

How about putting rubber tubing on the lift foot bars on the Challenge and East Mountain lift like there are on the west lifts. Hate dulling my edges by using the foot bars, but my knees can only take so much hanging.

3) Nastar

10 . Put in a cement mixer like at blue

11 build a new lodge at least make the cafeteria so lines are less

12 put in some more trails next to east mtn

13. keep the bar open later

14. put some sick music on one park

15. re open gonzos grind with less rocks

i think that at least at frost there should be something you need to do before you can ride the park, such as an oral test about park etiquette or a video you watch like over at camelback. i coach the jr race team at frost so im there every weekend and i kno that one park gets crowded since its the only park there. the only problem with the crowds is that most of them go straight down the hill off of jumps with no concern for their landing area, and they also cut off people all the time. i hve nothing against the people going on the park of course, i just think that this would make it much safer for everyone

Things I want to see:

Clear out some of the former glades that are getting a bit unskiable, there was plenty of snow this season to ski a lot of stuff off trail, and it was a great attraction. A little clearing of downed trees would go a long way for opening up more stuff.

Clear out elevator a bit more.

At Boulder, open another trail along with Freedom for just freeriding ASAP after opening freedom. Maybe blowing snow on the tubing park to the skiers left of freedom that is accessible from the Freedom chair would be the best bet, then you still only have to run one lift, and you have a bit of snow to open tubing beforehand. Plus extra snow that blows over from there lands on Freedom.

At JF, lets run Nastar on something.

At Boulder, I'd rather have Merry widow built up before Boulder, more people use it + not ready to jump onto big stuff at the start of the season.

My #1 wish would be to have earlier hours for Boulder, even only 1 day a week.

My #2 wish would be college discounts on par with the other mountains, it is ~30 at Blue, Camelback, Belleayre, only Mountain Creek is more expensive than JFBB, it is hard to drag the friends out to JFBB if they have to spend so much more.

My #1 wish would be to have earlier hours for Boulder, even only 1 day a week.

My #2 wish would be college discounts on par with the other mountains, it is ~30 at Blue, Camelback, Belleayre, only Mountain Creek is more expensive than JFBB, it is hard to drag the friends out to JFBB if they have to spend so much more.

those are some of my reasons for disliking boulder. i absolutely hate skiing at night, and being in school and whatnot, i have scheduled my classes so i can ski in the mornings when people arent there. yeah i know JF isnt open, but their park isn't anything compared to Boulder. Also, just like your #2, its so damn expensive! and you aren't getting anything out of your money other than a good park, but its short, and has slow lift access. (are you reading this Papasteeze?)

so yeah, i would like to see those changes made next year as well, even though i wont be able to ski mornings ever again during the week.

those are some of my reasons for disliking boulder. i absolutely hate skiing at night, and being in school and whatnot, i have scheduled my classes so i can ski in the mornings when people arent there. yeah i know JF isnt open, but their park isn't anything compared to Boulder. Also, just like your #2, its so damn expensive! and you aren't getting anything out of your money other than a good park, but its short, and has slow lift access. (are you reading this Papasteeze?)

so yeah, i would like to see those changes made next year as well, even though i wont be able to ski mornings ever again during the week.

So it's more of a disliking than a hate?

I definitely think the lodges need an overhaul. They did a good job with Boulder Lodge, but a new or seriously updated main lodge at both mountains would be a nice addition.

PARK PASS(MUST WATCH SMARTSTYLE VIDEO AT FROST FOR ONE PARK AND AT BOULDER FOR WIDOW AND BOULDER PARKS. It's getting way too dangerous for everyone.

I definitely think the lodges need an overhaul. They did a good job with Boulder Lodge, but a new or seriously updated main lodge at both mountains would be a nice addition.

PARK PASS(MUST WATCH SMARTSTYLE VIDEO AT FROST FOR ONE PARK AND AT BOULDER FOR WIDOW AND BOULDER PARKS. It's getting way too dangerous for everyone.

same thing i was saying...specially at frost since thats the only park

im also tryin to convince the people in charge of my group not to let our kids on the parks anymore since theyre only 4-5 years old and are just a hazard to everyone else

Clear out some of the former glades that are getting a bit unskiable,

I think they might be looking to do some of this in the off season. At least that's what I've heard floating around.

im also tryin to convince the people in charge of my group not to let our kids on the parks anymore since theyre only 4-5 years old and are just a hazard to everyone else

That would be a good idea, from a safety standpoint, for everybody. I've seen some people that are really wreckless, hitting the jumps, and they don't look out for others.

That would be a good idea, from a safety standpoint, for everybody. I've seen some people that are really wreckless, hitting the jumps, and they don't look out for others.

yeah, ive already had to help clean up a few falls off of one park cuz people didnt know what they were doing and didnt check their landings

bring back Cajun French fries

take out some of the trees and rocks about 1/4 mile to the skiers right of floyd's folly. There is some amazing pitch and glades back there, but they are only skiable once in every handful of years, last time being winter 2002/2003.

It would be cool if there was a joint Blue mountain/BB/JF pass..

Get Peak resorts to buy Blue and it'd definitely work lol...i dont think it would happen since theyre like 40-50 minutes away from each other if that doesnt happen though

Edited by lineskier18

i live bout 5 minutes from boulder and it takes me about 40-50 minutes to get to blue...going the speed limit, not going the limit on a good day its about 30 minutes

Going to Blue from the back of Towamensing Trails down 534 it's 15 miles on roads that should not be driven on faster than 55 MPH.

Get Peak resorts to buy Blue and it'd definitely work lol...i dont think it would happen since theyre like 40-50 minutes away from each other if that doesnt happen though

blue ridge almost bought montage when it was up for sale. Kinda weird that the very next year, they decide to contract out operations at both JF and BB to PEAK