Park Pass Program

dwy33

The park pass will be enforced starting Sunday. The program is free and you will be issued a wrist band that must be worn to use our terrain park on Spike. The whole program is run out of the ski patrol chalet located at the top of the mountain. The chalet is directly across from the big terrain park. You will see the signs posted on the chalet deck. The movie is about 13 minutes. The whole process should only take 20 minutes. During the week the pass program will be run based on demand. If you come to the mountain during the week and would like to get your pass please go to skier services so they can radio someone from the terrain park to get you setup. During this week to help get your pass early we are running the video at 6:00 pm and 7:30pm Wednesday thru Friday. If you are under 18 the waiver must be signed by a parent or guardian. You will not be able to participate in the program without the waiver being signed. You can download the waiver at our website Snomtn.com.

Mike

This sounds like it could be logistical nightmare. Does anyone have any experience with this at other mountains? It seems like its going to be a pain having a patroller or SAT at the top of spike/halfpipe/mainline to check passes every run.

also... is the wrist band reusable or do you need to get a new one every day?

I have a feeling its going to be like the wristbands that they tried to use as lift tickets at the beginning of last year. So is this a one time deal? Am I supposed to keep the wristband? If they're the wristbands I'm thinking of they,re the kind that you have to cut off of yourself unless you leave it too loose (in which case you're going to lose it.)

idk, im friends w/ him and hes one of my dads patients...although hes more race oriented and thinks his race team can ski/do watever they want even if its dangerous

I'm sure Ian would have a bigger say about a park pass system, but it would never be implimented at boulder because its become a whole park mtn. It wouldnt be worth trying to keep all the people off all the park trails. Its just not a mtn that it would work at.

This sounds like it could be logistical nightmare. Does anyone have any experience with this at other mountains? It seems like its going to be a pain having a patroller or SAT at the top of spike/halfpipe/mainline to check passes every run.

not a logistical nightmare at all.

The park will be patrolled by our park crew and patrol and sat's

The park pass is only for spike which our 22 foot pipe is also on this trail.

also... is the wrist band reusable or do you need to get a new one every day?

The band is yours to keep and is good for the whole season.

Why make it a wristband, thats just silly. Creek had a season pass type of park pass and it worked extremely well. Also dwy33, how will it be reusable? By this i mean, in what fashion can it be put on/taken off?

If you can't work Velcro, then maybe it's time for you to just go to Creek where there's something you can figure out.

idk, im friends w/ him and hes one of my dads patients...although hes more race oriented and thinks his race team can ski/do watever they want even if its dangerous

So, dish it out...is your dad a psychiatrist? Hair implants?

Great idea because people who aren't park rats..like me...aren't going to go to the trouble to get park passes...so the park will be alot less crowded..

You wouldn't get one? I'm just gonna skip the video and swipe JordanA's...

Even if you may never use it, I'd just want one to have the option to go anywhere on the mountain.

Edited by ski

No way...as for the go to guest services..that gave me a good laugh..because the woman at guest services was such a bitch the day I was skiing with Melissa. It should say go to guest services..bang on the window for 10 minutes until a high school kid shows up...then dissapears looking for someone in the know..

13 minutes is alot of time to take out of a ski day when you buy a day ticket..especially considering they only show the video at certain times..

I don't care how it comes, if it is a park pass I'm for it. Creek's was a little plastic card just like their pass and they gave you a lanyard so if you didn't have something else it was under your jacket and you had to bust it out every time, not so smart. I just clipped it with a leash to my pants and that worked, but as they gave it to you it was more of a pain in the ass than this system. My only thought would be losing the pass, but that could happen with either one so who cares, its only $5. They make such a difference in the park, that it is unbelievable. I think at this point it is almost negligent to NOT have them, cough Blue and JFBB cough. I would rather waste 20 minutes once a year, or even 20 minutes if I am going to a mountain only once in a year, and have fewer gapers there to kill me than get an extra 20 minutes in a park that is getting rutted out quickly anyway and full of newbies hiding in landings. Not to mention, fewer gapers in the park = fewer accidents = park crew able to build bigger things because the insurance company isn't breathing down their neck about safety.

ski, you should get your head out of your ass and read posts more closely. First, when i gave my opinion on the conditions, now when i asked what style wristbands they would be. And how exactly can you even say I always start with you? I made a post that didn't concern you one bit, yet you call me out. I think you should get out of anything that concerns a park because all you do is start flame wars and get the threads locked.

and thank you nick and dwy for the clarification

I think at this point it is almost negligent to NOT have them, cough Blue and JFBB cough. I would rather waste 20 minutes once a year, or even 20 minutes if I am going to a mountain only once in a year, and have fewer gapers there to kill me than get an extra 20 minutes in a park that is getting rutted out quickly anyway and full of newbies hiding in landings. Not to mention, fewer gapers in the park = fewer accidents = park crew able to build bigger things because the insurance company isn't breathing down their neck about safety.

Last Saturday which had to be BB's biggest ticket sales day an interesting thing happened.

There were large 2 crews throwing down in the big park and it was empty of noobs and gapers for the most part. I think that Boulders big park is evolving similar to the large parks out west where people are simply intimidated to go in there. It helps that you view that park while on the lift. I do understand that Freedom was a nut house, but those with skills just snaked everyone, I believe they had a great time doing that too. Not saying it is right, but Boulder is definitly developing differently compared to other parks.

I am a HUGE advocate of park passes. I thought I would point out an interesting observation I experienced last weekend.