Going back to skis and need advice.

poconoceancity

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridge told his teammates and two coaches he was sick of his "dickhead father". Maybe everyone else is a liar, though, right? Maybe you and your fantasy world of Atomic sponsorships for NASTAR racers are the honest ones. Your son isn't rebelling against me by quitting, you dumbass---he's rebelling against YOU.

hey ski.. so you sit around talking to 4 individuals about my kid and me. really? Wanna know what Ridge says about you? hahahahahahahaha better yet wanna hear what the Camelback picarillo said about you and your oldest daughter. Hey Gus do you still read this board? You wanna clear the air? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

naaaaaa..... I don't stoop to the sewage levels you obviously live in.

just throwing this out there, for whatever its worth, atomic bindings scare me. i see about a 50/50 pass/fail rate on the huber binding check machine, and they feel to me like they are not really holding your boot 'in', moreso just holding it in place on top of your ski. i know that's not a technical description or anything at all, i just get the sense skiing them that other bindings feel much more solid and stable. i would also stay away from the $37 look bindings as well...

hey ski.. so you sit around talking to 4 individuals about my kid and me. really? Wanna know what Ridge says about you? hahahahahahahaha better yet wanna hear what the Camelback picarillo said about you and your oldest daughter. Hey Gus do you still read this board? You wanna clear the air? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I don't give a shit if you believe it, but the entire team and staff breathed a collective sigh of relief when you guys moved on. I know it's hard to believe, but you were seen as a first class pain in the ass. The ways you undermined the coaches and the attitude you passed on to your kid were clear. You repeatedly posted how incompetent the coaches were. Am I jogging your memory?

My kid? They threw her and another teammate who went to Waterville Valley a party. There was lots of crying and well-wishes. Gus has never once uttered a negative word about my kid and especially not to someone like you.

Let's see, I've had a 20+ year friendship with a coach who I hold in the highest esteem. I respect and trust him and gave my unconditional faith to his program. And then there's the crap you two caused for the program.

One of us is a pathetic liar.

just throwing this out there, for whatever its worth, atomic bindings scare me. i see about a 50/50 pass/fail rate on the huber binding check machine, and they feel to me like they are not really holding your boot 'in', moreso just holding it in place on top of your ski. i know that's not a technical description or anything at all, i just get the sense skiing them that other bindings feel much more solid and stable. i would also stay away from the $37 look bindings as well...

You have problems with the Atomic race line? :confused My experience is that when the springs go, they really go. But I've always trusted them with my life.

lotta dick waving going on in this thread :)

for what it is worth I never really liked the Atomic bindings....my racer friends tell me Vists are the new hotness which I just can't believe. The 4frnt binding is a Vist and that particular design shares alot in common with a binding that Marker tossed because of retention issues.

POC the gear isn't ultra important just remember to grip it and rip it, perfect c turns are overated where as having fun is universal

They might be the ones. I have not bought skis since the 90's, on that ski are the bindings already mounted?

I know some send them out mounted, but it's been my experience to always get a box within a box...an unmounted set of bindings. It does add $25 to $50, depending on the shop, but I'd def prefer them set up specifically to my boot.

lotta dick waving going on in this thread :)

for what it is worth I never really liked the Atomic bindings....my racer friends tell me Vists are the new hotness which I just can't believe. The 4frnt binding is a Vist and that particular design shares alot in common with a binding that Marker tossed because of retention issues.

POC the gear isn't ultra important just remember to grip it and rip it, perfect c turns are overated where as having fun is universal

the vist bindings feel very much like the atomic bindings to me. same kind of 'feeling' i get, in that you're attached, but not really secure in the same sense i feel in my look/rossi bindings, or a salomon binding.

I know some send them out mounted, but it's been my experience to always get a box within a box...an unmounted set of bindings. It does add $25 to $50, depending on the shop, but I'd def prefer them set up specifically to my boot.

Either way they seem like a great deal, I'm going to put in an offer after work, since we are not allowed to shop from school. Thanks for the great find and all the info Cole.

the vist bindings feel very much like the atomic bindings to me. same kind of 'feeling' i get, in that you're attached, but not really secure in the same sense i feel in my look/rossi bindings, or a salomon binding.

That good to know, I always see the 4frnt's for cheap and its getting harder and harder to hoard the old P series looks still I will stay away.

:o:P

Even I have to admit that sounds like something someone would say if they couldn't do it.