End of season?

bigdaddyk

Looking at the forecast and radar, it doesn't look good. The 50+ degree temps today really loosened up the snow base. If we get 3 inches of rain, it's going to be hard to salvage anything. Plus, there is a serious potential for flooding. If there is flooding, people aren't going to go skiing. It's supposed to get cold again, during the nights. If it floods, all of this will freeze and be a big mess for clean up. I hope I'm wrong and just being pessimistic, but it doesn't look good. Plus they are calling for temps in the 50's with rain on the 12th, 13th, 14th. :crymore:

Edited by bigdaddyk

Accuweather is now saying that there could be a major noreaster Friday into Saturday that could dump over a foot of snow. That would help salvage the season. I don't hold much faith in Accuweather, though.

Me neither..... still somewhat boner inducing

the end of skiing in the east is still a long ways off. NOAA in all its wonder has thousands of stations across the country measuring gobs and gobs of info regarding snowpack. One of things they measure is current melting rates and it doesn't look all that bad. Additionally if you switch to station info the snow temp is only bad from VT south excluding the NY highpeaks.

http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/htm...o12=1&o13=1

The larger remote sensor system page is here

http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/htm...p;js=1&uc=0

i want to ski tomorrow. i got out today before the rain came... wtf.

I honestly don't see how anybody will pull through this with good conditions. Some places will more than likely be closed down. This is just way to much rain and too heavy. I hope I am wrong, though. I am seriously worried about flooding.

I honestly don't see how anybody will pull through this with good conditions. Some places will more than likely be closed down. This is just way to much rain and too heavy. I hope I am wrong, though. I am seriously worried about flooding.

imagine if this was snow...