Blue Mountain 3-20-08 Trip Reports:

toast21602

what a great day to ski Blue. the rain stopped, its warm out, i have nothing better to do, and it closes in 2 days. so i got up there this morning around 8:15 and booted up to get first chair. nobody was there that said they would be for opening that i saw, so i just went on my way and took a few runs. paradise was decent, razors was good, lazy was good, and burma were all pretty decent.

cloudy skies all morning and lots of skidmarks on the trails of the original base showing through.

BlueMountain3-20-08010.jpg

Burma was the best of the day. i really dont head over there much, but lately it has been groomed real nicely and isnt getting much traffic. i didn't see many other tracks on it other than a snowmobile, so it was a nice run.

BlueMountain3-20-08007.jpg

the bumps weren't too bad either. kinda soft, but still hard... i guess. something like that.

BlueMountain3-20-08004.jpg

after a few more runs down challenge and razors, i saw Justin riding up the lift. when i got to the top he was waiting up there with TP4. first time meeting TP4. he's definitely a pretty cool kid. real chill. its crazy what you imagine people to look like from this site and then you meet them in real life. anyway.... we hit up come around park first, which is a DISASTER. (if you are going to Blue to ski park, go home) everything was trashed, and park crue hadn't touched anything in there yet.

BlueMountain3-20-08006.jpg

that lift ride up we say Oakley and one of his friends so we waited for them and then took a few runs through Sidewinder, which was also a mess. park crue at least came in there and fixed some stuff up. the first two and the last jump were 'alright'... extremely small, but still in okay shape considering the conditions.

BlueMountain3-20-08009.jpg

so that was my morning at Blue. i'm not gonna lie, its probably good that they are closign this weekend, because i dont know how much longer they could make it on some of the trails. the hard rain and warm temps yesterday killed them. they could probably keep at least 50% of the trails open, but its not really worth it for them to do that. oh well, there are other mountains around here that might still be looking alright. maybe tomorrow will be better...

what a great day to ski Blue. the rain stopped, its warm out, i have nothing better to do, and it closes in 2 days. so i got up there this morning around 8:15 and booted up to get first chair. nobody was there that said they would be for opening that i saw, so i just went on my way and took a few runs. paradise was decent, razors was good, lazy was good, and burma were all pretty decent.

cloudy skies all morning and lots of skidmarks on the trails of the original base showing through.

BlueMountain3-20-08010.jpg

Burma was the best of the day. i really dont head over there much, but lately it has been groomed real nicely and isnt getting much traffic. i didn't see many other tracks on it other than a snowmobile, so it was a nice run.

BlueMountain3-20-08007.jpg

the bumps weren't too bad either. kinda soft, but still hard... i guess. something like that.

BlueMountain3-20-08004.jpg

after a few more runs down challenge and razors, i saw Justin riding up the lift. when i got to the top he was waiting up there with TP4. first time meeting TP4. he's definitely a pretty cool kid. real chill. its crazy what you imagine people to look like from this site and then you meet them in real life. anyway.... we hit up come around park first, which is a DISASTER. (if you are going to Blue to ski park, go home) everything was trashed, and park crue hadn't touched anything in there yet.

BlueMountain3-20-08006.jpg

that lift ride up we say Oakley and one of his friends so we waited for them and then took a few runs through Sidewinder, which was also a mess. park crue at least came in there and fixed some stuff up. the first two and the last jump were 'alright'... extremely small, but still in okay shape considering the conditions.

BlueMountain3-20-08009.jpg

so that was my morning at Blue. i'm not gonna lie, its probably good that they are closign this weekend, because i dont know how much longer they could make it on some of the trails. the hard rain and warm temps yesterday killed them. they could probably keep at least 50% of the trails open, but its not really worth it for them to do that. oh well, there are other mountains around here that might still be looking alright. maybe tomorrow will be better...

All the lipstick in the world can't gussy up that pig. Thanks for the pix and saving me a trip up there Friday. Think I'll take a pass and wait til next year.

cough cough..fairweather skier..cough cough...the snow may be dirty but I'm sure it's fun to ski...2.5 hours until I head up..

If I could be at Blue in 10-15 minutes I'd be there, otherwise, it just ain't worth 2+ hours behind the wheel for me. Rather save it for real snow........... I'm in the process of bribing the wife for the Loaf trip, she's driving a hard bargain.......... :unsure:

Give her an Erotic massage.. :lol::lol:

I would think your wife would want the house to herself while you go to the Loaf..You might have to take her to some broadway shows and chick flicks to make up for your trip.

No, yes and no. We've got a timeshare in NYC and go about 3-4 times a year so a show is already a given. The new dog angle is her hot button, and that can't happen til the fence goes up, and I control the fence project......see where this is going?

I would think your wife would want the house to herself while you go to the Loaf..You might have to take her to some broadway shows and chick flicks to make up for your trip.

My vote is to send her and one of her girlfriends on a little getaway. I imagine that Naples/Marco Island is beautiful right now.

so the dfd rail is gone... lips on everything are horrible... but park crew was out doing work? can they at least maintain one rail and one jump until the end? it is honestly not that hard to fill in the sides of the rail where snow melted away, and then reshape the lip, especially with how soft and workable the snow is right now. i know, i did it last weekend. i'm pretty tired of stuff not being maintained in the park. it gets old.

My vote is to send her and one of her girlfriends on a little getaway. I imagine that Naples/Marco Island is beautiful right now.

Been there, done that. I sent her to Miami while I was in Jackson. Dad dogsat while we were away. I'm stickin' with the dog angle :D

Just got back, skied 9-11:30. John pretty much covered everything, the park is an absolute disaster. It's funny though because with a few hours of work and some snow pushing it could be fine. All of the rails are wobbly and have literally no lips to them. The jumps blow, but surprisingly are somewhat fun and skiable. Very few jibs are hittable, so yeah if you want to ski park don't go to Blue, go to BC or BB.

Park Crue, please fix some shit up for Saturday...it would be really nice.

THey'll prolly be out tonite and Friday to patch some stuff up but my guess is the park staff has already had there hours cut way back, so they'll bring em out to fix it up a bit for the last few days.

Park Crue was out all morning fucking around on sleds. They came into Sidewinder and just raked and painted lips. Then I seen them putting up the fence around Sidewinder so you have to use the stairs.

Basically they did nothing. They need to either reset the rails or pack in more snow, all of them are wobbly. And the lips need a bunch more snow piled on and a reshape. It's really not that much work, but it's Blue Mountain so I expect no work to be done from now until closing.

Park Crue was out all morning fucking around on sleds. They came into Sidewinder and just raked and painted lips. Then I seen them putting up the fence around Sidewinder so you have to use the stairs.

Basically they did nothing. They need to either reset the rails or pack in more snow, all of them are wobbly. And the lips need a bunch more snow piled on and a reshape. It's really not that much work, but it's Blue Mountain so I expect no work to be done from now until closing.

No method to that madness. If they're on the clock, they should be fixin it up, but I don't know squat about park maintenance.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like tomorrow is gonna be a urea, rake, and slave labor day...

It's not too bad...the flat box and 1st flat rail are the only ones worth the effort, they aren't too far gone. DFD might be doable but the lip is almost 100% gone. If I go up tomorrow I'll definitely grab a shovel and fix that shit up with you...

I honestly don't know what goes through the mind of the owners. Are they trying to loose customers? How many people have seen pictures and are like. Damn it's not even worth going anymore. I know they are trying to save money, and they are closing shortly, but they should at least do what they can with what they have left. It's ridiculous. Blue is simply being lazy, and it shows horribly, and it looks terrible to people. And it's not like it's just this week. Last week was terrible to. Some stuff probably hasn't been groomed out for 2 weeks. And last sunday when i was up. Instead of park crue actually fixing stuff, they decided to park there sleds on the 3rd jump and just sit and watch.. Whats the point in even having them there...

I honestly don't know what goes through the mind of the owners. Are they trying to loose customers? How many people have seen pictures and are like. Damn it's not even worth going anymore. I know they are trying to save money, and they are closing shortly, but they should at least do what they can with what they have left. It's ridiculous. Blue is simply being lazy, and it shows horribly, and it looks terrible to people. And it's not like it's just this week. Last week was terrible to. Some stuff probably hasn't been groomed out for 2 weeks. And last sunday when i was up. Instead of park crue actually fixing stuff, they decided to park there sleds on the 3rd jump and just sit and watch.. Whats the point in even having them there...

i have been up pretty much every other morning and i dont think there was a single day that i didnt see something groomed, unless you are specifically talking about the lips to rails or something like that. from what i saw, they have been grooming all of the trails. but yeah, park crue is being lazy as hell lately.

which loaf trip is this? Is someone running a road trip?