TR 3/24

bigdaddyk

I got out a little late today and arrived at CB at 9:15, got my ticket and hit the snow. The grooming was really good. The front four still have some speed bumps on them, but the snow was a firm, sugary snow. I got 20 runs in, in two hours. The snow was also perfect for carving out turns and doing just about anything that you wanted to do. Unless if things improved today, or maybe it was just CB haters, I didn't see anything bad about the mountain today. Just get out early, to avoid the baking of the sun.

Edited by bigdaddyk

NJSkiFamily is correct- we will be open all this week and possibly next (weather dependent, of course).

Slide Ink Rail Jam on Sunday

Jib Stick Jungle Rail Jam on Saturday April 12

Check out the website www.skicamelback.com for info and to register for Jib Stick Jungle

By the way- has anyone tried out the Climbing Wall or EuroBungee? It has been set up next to Ticket Sales on the weekends. Check out the website for pictures if you have not seen it yet- The Easter Bunny even tried it out yesterday!

By the way- has anyone tried out the Climbing Wall or EuroBungee? It has been set up next to Ticket Sales on the weekends. Check out the website for pictures if you have not seen it yet- The Easter Bunny even tried it out yesterday!

I passed it on Saturday. My kids wanted to try it but they were literally exhausted by the end of the day and we had parked over by Glen Lodge.

BTW.....I know you can do the bungee with no shoes on but one thing that also prevented us from doing the climbing wall is that the only shoes we had with us were our ski boots!!!

Can you do the rockwall climbing in your ski socks? Other rock walls we've tried required a shoe with a hard sole on it.

I wasn't trying to be a hater in my TR from yesterday, I was just giving my objective opinion of the mountain compared to what I know/have experienced.

Don't worry Melissa - I didn't view your TR negatively. Conditions on the trails varied tremendously from glorious to God-awful. And two people can go down the same trail and have different reactions.

Some of the trails I could carve beautifully on and others I just struggled the entire way down.

CB's front four blacks can ice up badly so the corn snow we saw on the weekend was a nice change. If I can hold an edge then I'm happy.

And since the vertical drop isn't that much on the front four, I like a little variety in seeing it bump up. But I think I'm the only person on the planet who thinks that way.

Edited by NJSkiFamily

Yeah..Camelback is the new Blue and Blue is the new Camelback..it's fucked up. Barb..the old owner Ray Tuthills daughter runs the place and is hella cheap..Shadows closing day had an almost full 6-pack corral of people so they didn't close due to lack of guests..more to save on payroll...ba ba ba bullshit..Blue dissapointed me this season for the first time in 17 years.

i wish ray was still around :(

i'm thinking of hitting up CB saturday morning... anybody else going to be around?

Depends on how long family hangs around, if they roll by Friday, I'm thinkin either CB or Sno. Everybody I know that had a house for the season is outta the house, otherwise I'd crash up there and hit both for the weekend.

Depends on how long family hangs around, if they roll by Friday, I'm thinkin either CB or Sno. Everybody I know that had a house for the season is outta the house, otherwise I'd crash up there and hit both for the weekend.

ditto. i was PM'ing Melissa about hitting up Sno on Saturday as well. its just that CB is free for me and i'd have to pay for a ticket at Sno.. so who knows what i'll do, if i even go. i'll be decided by thursday/friday.

Yeah..Camelback is the new Blue and Blue is the new Camelback..it's fucked up. Barb..the old owner Ray Tuthills daughter runs the place and is hella cheap..Shadows closing day had an almost full 6-pack corral of people so they didn't close due to lack of guests..more to save on payroll...ba ba ba bullshit..Blue dissapointed me this season for the first time in 17 years.

They should just let you run Blue, you have to be there nearly as much as anyone else and I can't think anyone else has such positive energy for the place.

Do you know who owns that land that boarders their operation ? I doubt they see any real benefit to doing so but unlike alot of other Pa hills they have a ton of room for expansion ?

Maybe..if the weather is nice..I feel like I got my fill of Camelback for the decade..lol..the runs are so freaking short..

You'll pass up free skiing because of the length of the runs? Sad, real sad. If you connect to different trails, you can make the runs as long as anything that Blue has.

Yup..very sad..The runs at Blue are about as short as I can tolerate..I was at Camelback two days ago and got my fill..I've never liked the place..the rest of my skiing this season looks to be in VT and NY..

But in November when Big Boulder is open earlier than Blue..I'll pay the money to ski there because I'll be feening for skiing so badly..even if though the runs are only 15 seconds long..and the liftrides are 5 minutes..

And if Xanadu is open in late summer/early fall..I'll pay whatever I charge to ski 130 vert..lol

skiied at CB yesterday and it was real nice. Will buy my season pass there next year or sooner!!

skiied at CB yesterday and it was real nice. Will buy my season pass there next year or sooner!!

I'm looking to get a mid week pass at CB and I kept my regular pass at JF. I've actually been impressed with the amount of snow and the conditions at CB.

Wow...it looks like the offer to other mt. pass holders is working. Right now I'm still looking at a mid week only to JFBB

Edited by Ridge Racer