its that time.

mollyskeez

haha news update brought to you by WTH!!!!! haha Im digging the new color scheme, and they finally got some rails that they have desperately been needing. I hate to say it but i think we got a better variety then boulder now. And with the new quad accessing the park, that means more runs as well. Now if only we could do something about those damn lip nomads always parking themselves where they shouldn't be...

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from those pics - the only thing you have that boulder doesnt is a rainbow box - they have a rail. they still have more then bc, period.

the quad seems to be low speed too so i dont think youll get more laps than boulder. it might just be the same.

Edited by shadows

ZOMG I KNEW BEFORE ALL OF YOU!!!!!! LIKE IN MAY!!

srry that was immature but i had to.

anyway everything looks so sick. that dfd is soo sick. bear creek does have more stuff than boulder now. plus bear creek has a better personality :P mmmm. im so stoked for winter. even more than before. i didnt think that was possible. and the custom paint was just them trying out different color schemes. i think the lime green and black is sickest by far.

is the sick disign gettting put back on the 420 box? because that was sooooo sick.

Now if only we could do something about those damn lip nomads always parking themselves where they shouldn't be...

punch then im the back of the neck... or better yet.. improve your bonking skills and use them as a feature. jokes.

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

well i just got back from bear and im really impressed wit all the new stuff. its all looking gggggrrrrreat. anyway. heres the pics i took.

bearcreeksummer1.jpg

^ half pipe filled in

bearcreeksummer2.jpg

^proof that the inverse rainbow is now alive and well not mangled up somewhere by a groomer.

bearcreeksummer3.jpg

^ mailbox. old feature but still great. i just liked how it wasnt painted all black like before.

bearcreeksummer6.jpg

^ almost all the rails accept for the flat box i was standing on and some stuff to my right.

bearcreeksummer7.jpg

^ i htink thats the only thing he missed. just a small railish box thing that is prolly either for practice or the little park. i think this would be a perfect feature for the side of the run beofre the park.

there was also a small peice of corrogated pipe im not sure if it was for the top of a QP or somethign or just scrap from cutting the other peice.

from those pics - the only thing you have that boulder doesnt is a rainbow box - they have a rail. they still have more then bc, period.

the quad seems to be low speed too so i dont think youll get more laps than boulder. it might just be the same.

I dunno man, boulder has alot of repetitive stuff, down rail shorter down rail longer down rail all in a line then box, down box, longer wider down box. and thats the way it is almost all year round. The creative stuff they do have like the channel gap quarter pipe with the barrels on top, they keep for a week and then get rid of it. I think bear has more variety hands down, and some of the stuff that they had long before boulder did, like some of their stair sets are a staple in the park. I STILL dont see anyone trying to build something as sick as the BC stair set (the DC mtn lab for those of you not in the know). Dont get me wrong at the beginning of last year i was doubting bear and digging boulder, but boulder kinda let me down a little bit, their still cool as shit, but bear started bringing some new creative shit that really caught on ( ie.. butter pad, rhythm section, etc..) nobody else around did that stuff till bear did and now their all jumping on the bandwagon. ANNNNDDDDD final point, the lifts at boulder BLOOOWWWWWWW and i guarantee you you will get more runs per time spent on the mountain at bear. GUARANTEED!!! plus the quad wont be six inches off the ground like the lifts at boulder are. I could really keep typing all night on this subject but im hungry so im going to eat...

I dunno man, boulder has alot of repetitive stuff, down rail shorter down rail longer down rail all in a line then box, down box, longer wider down box. and thats the way it is almost all year round. The creative stuff they do have like the channel gap quarter pipe with the barrels on top, they keep for a week and then get rid of it. I think bear has more variety hands down, and some of the stuff that they had long before boulder did, like some of their stair sets are a staple in the park. I STILL dont see anyone trying to build something as sick as the BC stair set (the DC mtn lab for those of you not in the know). Dont get me wrong at the beginning of last year i was doubting bear and digging boulder, but boulder kinda let me down a little bit, their still cool as shit, but bear started bringing some new creative shit that really caught on ( ie.. butter pad, rhythm section, etc..) nobody else around did that stuff till bear did and now their all jumping on the bandwagon. ANNNNDDDDD final point, the lifts at boulder BLOOOWWWWWWW and i guarantee you you will get more runs per time spent on the mountain at bear. GUARANTEED!!! plus the quad wont be six inches off the ground like the lifts at boulder are. I could really keep typing all night on this subject but im hungry so im going to eat...

agreed.

all the special features boulder has done are only up for a short time because of how much they have to be maintained. and most of us know how damn lazy their park crew is.

ps- people need to stop sucking boulders dick. do your own thing. i wasnt saying boulder is better and bear should stop trying. boulders atmosphere/locals are still huge douchebags and there is no way boulder would ever respond to feedback the way bear does. i think this thread proves that. no matter how big of a following boulder has, it still doesnt feel like the mountain is connected to the riders at all.

Edited by shadows