Any interest in a PASR Gathering out west in 08/09??

phillycore

After some thought I decided it was worth a shot at posting this into it's own thread..

Is anyone out there interested in having a PASR Gathering somewhere out west this upcoming season??

Weather it be a week, a few days, a long weekend, whatever.

A lot of us travel out west each season to hit the POW and terrain that we simply don't get around here.

Why not try to make plans so we can hook up and ski with other PASR's

TGR has their summits, Epic ski has gatherings... Well PASR doesn't do anything... so I thought why not try it??

Are you interested in skiing with other PASR's outside of Pa?

Where would you want to go?

When would be a good time?

If you already made plans to go somewhere and want to post that as well as a possible option do that too..

What's up?

Would love to, but I think my wife would kill me if I went out west again. '08-9days, '07-8 days '06- 9 days, '05- 11 days. She said if I go again she is filing for divorce..... :angry:

We are thinking about taking our 2 boys to whiteface around the middle of march.

The Scranton Ski/drinking Club use to go every St. Patrick's day weekend. We went about 7 years in a row. The trip just fell apart b/c we all started having kids. So some of the old guard are thinking about starting the trip up again since all our kid are starting to ski better than their parents.

If I had a wife that wouldn't let me go skiing out west every season..I'd kill her!!!!

GSS, choose your words very carefully. I have about 10-12 friends who skied with me 90 days a year, now they don't even own skis. I know some guys who talked like you and now they have to ask to take a shit there so whipped.....

Money is the real issue, this is the first year my wife is not working so we have to see how our businesses work out in relationship to our bills for the year.

Also the kids are not ready to ski out west yet, close, but not yet.

We are planning to go to Tahoe in March 2010

Right on!!!!

Considering I don't even have a girlfriend..I don't have to worry about being whipped..

I never had a serious girlfriend after I turned 21. Not being tied down and going where I wanted when I wanted was the best. The only serious gf I ever had taught me everything I didn't want in a spouse. I did not meet my wife until I was almost 29. I had a rule, a gf had to last 2 ski seasons. Since my winter job is skiing, the first year was always great, it was the second season was the real test. well my wife was so good through 2 I change my rule to 3 seasons. Well after 3 ski seasons and we were still together and more importantly skiing together, I just had to marry her b/c i really believed i was not going to get any better. And I was right, I am very happily married with 2 wonderful kids and a really good life. My single friends do less than me and when we do do things like golf, the get more grief then me.

Winter Park could happen if everyone interested thought it was a good idea..

Glenn would already be there....

Nick I'm assuming could make that trip from boulder

Then we got GSS and me... and I think GSS mentioned that Jeff might be interested in something like that..

I've already skied at Breck, Vail and Keystone...so WP would be somewhere new for me and I'd be cool with that.

I THINK you can also go to Copper as well with the transfour pass or something like that so that could potentially be another option for a day as well if transportation there could be had..

Definitely something to think about anyways...

Any other ideas??

FWIW... I've found Winter Park for 5 nights lodging in town close to shoppes and food, 4 days skiing (transfour pass), including air from PHL for under $700 for a single booking in mid Jan. Under $650 mid December.

Transfers from Denver can be done for about $60 each way... and the shuttle bus to the w/p slopes 1.5 miles away is FREE

WHAT WHAT??

I'd think we'd be better off in Jan. / Feb. / early March than we would be in Dec.

I really only looked at Dec. because in another thready you had mentioned speaking to Jeff about a possible early trip to Co.

and I was trying to avoid plans that some may have already made for Late Jan - Early March (peak season)

Glenn would know best here though when the best time to go is... or when not to go (other than the obvious holiday weekends)

I got there in mid December last year with 100% open but some boney coverage in the woods. I don't know how typical that is. I would aim for January.

If there is interest whoever is putting it together should PM to hash a some more details.

yeah if somebody posts dates / costs / and all that other crap, let me know because i would definitely consider it.

for you guys its just plane, food and 50% off lift tickets. i still need to buy my pass though.

Winter Park is probably one of the easiest resorts for me to get to, so I'd def be down. Jordan is also here in boulder, so i'm sure he'd be down. I'd also bet a crowd this size would lure shadows outta summit county.

i like to get out of summit county every now and then. got some friends at loveland as well.

theres no place in summit as gnarly as WP. maybe some out of bounds Abasin but still, some of that stuff is the same as the inbounds at WP.

for you guys its just plane, food and 50% off lift tickets. i still need to buy my pass though.

i like to get out of summit county every now and then. got some friends at loveland as well.

theres no place in summit as gnarly as WP. maybe some out of bounds Abasin but still, some of that stuff is the same as the inbounds at WP.

Cool...

So far the possible list is...

Phillycore

GSS

Toast

Glenn

Nick Malozzi

Shadows

This could potentially be as big as some of the Blue PASR days

Only with sicker terrain

Really? I haven't seen what the pali has to offer but those hikeable coulies on lookers left coming up the main chair looked pretty freakin gnarly.

^the east wall yea. hiked it a bunch last year (bump "scenes from the beach" if you feel like seeing shitty pics). its really only moderately steep depending on where you go. not a whole lot of vert either. not really any huge cliffs or pillow lines. there are definitely some fun and crazy lines on that wall though. still doesnt compare to what WP has.

Pali has some cool stuff. little steeper and a couple really crazy lines. still not a whole lot of vert though. i just like WP cause everything is pretty much lift accessed and i like mini-golf/pillows lines - even though i didnt hit much last year. only had park skis :(

success rate = low

ill show up if people come out. couch/floor space too.

Very True...

Hopefully it will work out though... I think it would be cool to ski out west with some PASR's

We'll see what happens...

I'd hate to be the sole representative of the Pa collaboration heading out there cause my skills aren't a plenty compared to the others on here.

I was out there over my spring break last year(first week of march) and the snow was good. I would love to go but baseball pretty much prohibits me from that stuff unless its over over winter break(Dec 14- Jan 14th). Although I have been to Co before it would be a blast to do it again. However WP is not really my cup of tea. I am not good at bumps and thats what the MJ side is. The woods were awesome with Glenn as my guide but I could never keep up and I felt like I was always holding him up.