Just back in town again (Tent Sale)

Cadillac

Thats the big improvement? Thats really a lodge? I thought tubing was only open on weekends and nights is that "thing "going to only be open when tubing's open?

I'm not sure what the hell is going on at Blue. A few years ago they talked about a lodge at the bottom with condos. I thought, oh this will be cool. Then we don't hear another thing about it. EVER! Then out of nowhere they put up a tent for TUBING! Fucking tubing!

Blue has a new trail that they won't even open the whole thing this year. They have been working on that for YEARS! The lodge at the bottom is a complete shithole but we get a new TUBING TENT! Are you fucking kidding me?

AND now I read in the Morning Call that they want to build a permanent concert venue. Maybe try a permanent lodge first!

BUILD A FUCKING LODGE AND RESORT AMENITIES SKIERS WANT. THEY ARE YOUR MAIN CUSTOMER! IT'S NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE!

I'm not sure what the hell is going on at Blue. A few years ago they talked about a lodge at the bottom with condos. I thought, oh this will be cool. Then we don't hear another thing about it. EVER! Then out of nowhere they put up a tent for TUBING! Fucking tubing!

Blue has a new trail that they won't even open the whole thing this year. They have been working on that for YEARS! The lodge at the bottom is a complete shithole but we get a new TUBING TENT! Are you fucking kidding me?

AND now I read in the Morning Call that they want to build a permanent concert venue. Maybe try a permanent lodge first!

BUILD A FUCKING LODGE AND RESORT AMENITIES SKIERS WANT. THEY ARE YOUR MAIN CUSTOMER! IT'S NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE!

Quoted for Truth.

yeah creek has one, but there was once an actual lodge there. in true jersey fashion it was torched. the bubble was supposed to be temporary..haha yeah.

the new trail might not be fully done, but there are ALOT of snowguns on what is completed. and ive been in worse lodges then the bottom lodge, its not all that bad.

Edited by crapita

and ive been in worse lodges then the bottom lodge, its not all that bad.

Where? I have been in nicer pole barns! It's a lodge, not a place for milking cows. My favorite part is the 2x8 floor. There is no reason Blue can't have nice facilities. AND don't even get me started on closing 2 weeks before Camelcrap! You don't see any buildings for milking camels up there!

Where? I have been in nicer pole barns! It's a lodge, not a place for milking cows. My favorite part is the 2x8 floor. There is no reason Blue can't have nice facilities. AND don't even get me started on closing 2 weeks before Camelcrap! You don't see any buildings for milking camels up there!

Do you park top or bottom?

I stopped up at Blue today and grabbed one of the new brochures. They must have hired someone else to do them this year. Last years was sweet and full of info. This year its an add for the ski patrol show and not much else other than huge price increases. I dunno whats going on up their but its definitely changing. Maybe with the price increases they can build something that resembles a lodge. Or maybe tents are they wat to go...how much could it possible cost?

skiers, the most whiny with the most maintenance = the lowest margin

tubers, happiest when herded like cattle = best margins

Be happy that you have tubing to subsidize skiing.

The freaking wooden ramp near the vending machine is more challenging than any of the trails at Blue...I fell ass over Tea Kettle on that

Hahahaha!

GSS I heard possibly a gentlemens club. Thats the rumors going around town. I have my fingers crossed.

Know where I'm part timing it this winter.

i dont give a shit about the lodge. i'm there to ski, not to sit in a lodge.

True but no one want to worry about contracting herpes when walking through a lodge. Seriously the lower lodge is straight out skanky. I'm not looking for the Bellagio... just clean, modern, functional, safe...

Ski area tycoon wannabe stuck with a job teaching first graders. Do you throw the F bomb around class when kids don't do what you want? Go to ELK and fall off the cattle truck half way to the lodge!!

The slopes at blue rock!!! Lodge loungers will have a better time @ B.C.

Go to ELK and fall off the cattle truck half way to the lodge!!

The bar at Elk rocks! Just another example of the lack of class Blue has. The bar at Blue looks like a UPS shipping facility with beer signs hanging up. If you fall off the Elk truck, maybe you should take up tubing and stay away from skiing.

skiers, the most whiny with the most maintenance = the lowest margin

tubers, happiest when herded like cattle = best margins

Be happy that you have tubing to subsidize skiing.

How do you increase your margins genius? Have your customers spend more money. How do you get them to spend more money? Have facilities and amenities they will spend money for. Funny thing is that I have no problem spending the money for food or a drink in a nice place. I get out of Blue ASAP when I'm done skiing! I'm not paying $5 for a hamburger or beer in a shithole.

You think the tuber is going to go for the ski area prices on food and booze? I doubt it, but time will tell. The skiers and boarders have been putting up with terrible facilities at Blue for years. I had hoped with the new owner it would get better for the longtime loyal customers. It looks like they are going to cater to the tubing and concerts instead.

How do you increase your margins genius?

By not spending money on improving stuff, by cutting staff and hours during off peak times, by not giving away free tickets, by not grooming twice a day, by closing lifts that aren't at or near capacity. lets see... oh yeah, by raising prices!

I hate to say it, but it seems to me that Blue is going the way of CB. Just wait for the plastic palm trees.

I wish Blue was going the way of CB. Blue has the terrain and the snowmaking, if they had a decent lodge, good food and a comfortable place to relax between runs, Blue would be perfect.

imagine if bear bought blue..it would be amazing..nice lodge..maybe a hotel lol and a fresher terrain park instead of having the ringling brothers circus build the rails they would be BCIW quality

Edited by JibHonk

By not spending money on improving stuff, by cutting staff and hours during off peak times, by not giving away free tickets, by not grooming twice a day, by closing lifts that aren't at or near capacity. lets see... oh yeah, by raising prices!

Wrong. You can't cut your way to prosperity. You need to spend. Have you seen their brochure? Prices have gone up a bunch for this year.

Edited by First Grade Teacher