More thefts at Blue

AtomicSkier

Maybe those guys on ATV's need to pay a little more attention at who is walking around :ph34r:

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/police/all...0,2414562.story

I assume Jerry is Kate's dad? Sucks.

About $3,000 in snowboard equipment and personal items were stolen from visitors to Blue Mountain Ski Area on Sunday afternoon.

Jonathan A. Morfe and Karen J. Dallago, both 19 and of Princeton, N.J., reported that $1,250 worth of items were stolen from their vehicle, including a wallet with credit cards, purse and wallet, gift card and digital camera.

Zsakhiem R. James, 38, of Camden, N.J., and Jennifer L. Sanchez, 20, of Philadelphia, reported items worth $700 taken from their vehicle, including two phones and a purse with credit cards.

Benjamin G. White, 18, of Greenville, Del., reported an unattended snowboard worth $1,000 was stolen from the lower ski lodge.

Jerry A. Wehr, 45, of Slatington, reported that the locking mechanism on his vehicle was damaged in an apparent attempted break-in.

Why would people keep money in their cars???? Makes no sense..I always keep my money on me...if I kept my wallet in my car and my car got stolen..I would be out both my car and my wallet..I'd love to see this $1,000 snowboard that was left unattended..was it gold-plated???

hahahha Im sure they meant the whole set up. sometimes people go crazy and buy the reallly really expensive board and bindings because they think its so much better. Its really not hard to find a set up that expensive. But wow that sucks. My best friend just got her board stolen from boulder about two weeks ago and on wednesday Jon Brogans ski`s were stolen. Kids are so shiesty these days.

hahahha Im sure they meant the whole set up. sometimes people go crazy and buy the reallly really expensive board and bindings because they think its so much better. Its really not hard to find a set up that expensive. But wow that sucks. My best friend just got her board stolen from boulder about two weeks ago and on wednesday Jon Brogans ski`s were stolen. Kids are so shiesty these days.

whoever did that will be facing the wrath of newschoolers.

this is crazy, wonder what time it happened. Probly when I was getting there. I usually leave my wallet in the car but lock it, along with watch. I take one card and id with me. If you leave it in the car, use the locking glove box at least.

Interesting to know what part of the lot it happened at, the top or bottom and if top lot... if closer to entrance or towards the back.

An open letter to the cretin who stole my bootbag.

You saw a nice bag laying around today didn't you? You noticed that it had MY name on it - but it called to you. Oooh wouldnt a new bag be nice - so you took it. You left my husband's though to be nice - wouldn't want to take too many things at once you reason.

Well the jokes on you - you netted yourself a nice bag sure, but what was inside it - Lowa boots (size 10), a Hopkins sweatshirt, some work clothes, a nice Life is good T-shirt, contact case, skin lotion, goggle bag, glasses and maybe if you were lucky a tampon or two. Hope you find some of it useful. What you didn't find ... any money, a cell phone, credit cards or an iPod. I might have been dumb enough to leave my bag out (with all the other bags!!) but I'm not dumb enough to leave that stuff in there.

If you would please be so damn kind ... feel free to keep the bag. Its ok, ill go back to using a grocery bag - but please turn the rest of the stuff into lost and found, PLEASE - especially the glasses!!

Lovebug (Noofus' wife)

Wow, lotsa theft at Blue. I use the lockers if I drag a bag in there. Too many kids with sticky fingers. Gonna locker my gear at JF, I guess. Sorry to hear about that, Lovebug.

I use my cable lock and use it to secure my bag to the leg of a table (since I always use the ski check, even for bathroom breaks). If some asshole really wanted to, it really wouldn't take much to cut the lock but like with other equipment, why bother when there are easier options. There's usually nothing of great value to me in there, usually only a fleece, and my beat up work boots. Actually, the bag is worth more to me than it's contents. Anything valuable to me would go into my camelpak.

Would you leave a backpack unattended in a crowded subway??? They have lockers. I once got my gloves stolen from my table when I went to the bathroom. It's really sad but in our society..anything that is not glued down is stolen. The one girl I know who works at Outback said she goes through 2 dozen pens a week. Karma will get the thief in the end. It's sheer numbers..with 300,000+ skier/rider/tuber visits annually..there is going to be crime. Possibly more than the ski patrol and security guards can handle..hopefully park crue doesn't get their pimpin snowmobile jacked.

I've already admitted that it was my bad. This is one of so few times we didn't use the lockers I could count them on one hand. I know sticky fingers happen and our skis are always checked - even for short breaks. I guess I just never thought someone would walk away with an entire bag of clothes! Meanwhile I'm blind as a bat with these dried out contacts. I'm getting a beer and hoping the little goober will have atleast enough sense to bring my glasses back - sigh. The rest of it is just stuff.

Edited by noofus

Just the sort of thing you should post on the internet. lol

Why don't you just leave the rock at home?

Bob said the same thing. Oh well. As for the ring... I honestly forget it's on until I can't get my mittens on comfortably. I guess I'll have to try and remember from now on.

BTW although I am the person who will throw bags off of the tables I would never take one. Why would you?

Times are tough for a lot of people.

Who do you steal from if your hungry?

Rich people.

Who skis?

Rich people.

OR so that's the illusion that ski resorts attract wealth.

Who else could spend $50 to play in the snow while the rest of the world uses a sled on a golf course?

I'm from K & A.

I bugged out of Philly 15 years ago when it turned into

crack cocaine and hookers.

When I moved up to Jim Thorpe I was stunned to see that nobody even locked their

front doors and a lot of people here didn't even have a house key

and

always left their car keys in the the ignition in their cars.

That shit just made veins pop in my forehead.

I came from a world where you locked up your shit , trusted nobody, and always carried a gun.

So then I moved to freakin Mayberry and saw how the rest of the country lived.

Then I took my kids skiing and saw how really rich kids lived.

This was 15 years ago ......before they even rented snowboards OR shaped skis.

I was very surprised how everyone left their shoes and bags just loose all over the

ski resorts. A pair of NIKE sneakers costs a days wages for a lot of people yet

they were everywhere.

I could understand going rollerskating and leaving $15 Keds sneakers out like when I was a kid

but it just seemed to me that when you ski you left the lodge and nothing was safe from vultures.

So then we learned how to snowboard and after spending $2000 on boards and bindings

for me and 3 kids and we see a sign that says

NO EQUIPMENT ALLOWED IN LODGE and then wonder

just how safe is it to leave $2000 worth of gear sitting on racks outside the lodge.

I never left anything unlocked anywhere at any ski resort and for the life me don't

understand why anyone trusts that their stuff will still be there when left unattended for an hour.

Same thing for leaving ANYTHING of value in a car. Anywhere. Period.

A lot has changed in 15 years.

One thing for sure is that skiing is no longer for a hoity toity crowd anymore.

Anyone who ever stepped on a skateboard or surfed a wave would just love to

try snowboarding.

The huge success of the rail parks is proof of that idea.

Perhaps its the economy overall.

I wouldn't just blame skater rat kids and surfer dudes.

Its just that I ride the lift every day with "first timers",

"never evers", people all ages who never skied or boarded before and they

bought the lift ticket and rental and never took a lesson and

as they fall off the lift or get hammered on the hardpack I give them two

pieces of advice.... TAKE A LESSON.... and WEAR a HELMET.

Easily more than 80% of those people say they don't have enough money

to pay for a lesson, or a helmet, or even to buy lunch.

The really sad part of all this is that now that its cold they are getting frostbite because

they didn't invest in the right clothes and can't buy gloves or hats in the ski shop.

Last year I saw a kid with bare fingers in 15 degrees trying to buckle his snowboard

but his fingers were too cold to negotiate the rubicks cube trick straps on his rental bindings.

I sent this kid to the lost and found. I told him to just say he lost his gloves and

they would let him grab gloves out of the lost and found box.

So I'd say in this economy that with money so tight you are going have a tremendous

amount of theft going on....so do your part... lock up your stuff... and never in your car.

A car is just a temporary container that is going to be left unattended for at least an hour so

its fair game for any thief who watched you stow your pocket book in the trunk and go ski.

Call me jaded but I just don't see how you can trust anymore.

Why you would leave stuff like that just sitting in your car is beyond me. Sounds like people need to wise up a bit.

And Robert, That part of Philly hasn't been good for way longer then 15 years. you'd have to go back to the 50's maybe when Kensington used to be a half decent place to live. My dad runs his business off out Kensington ave, right around Kensington and Sommerset ave, which is maybe 4 blocks from K&A. Was funny to work down there in the summer, you don't need TV, you just have to sit on your step and watch all the kooks outside.

Edited by Dan-

Why you would leave stuff like that just sitting in your car is beyond me. Sounds like people need to wise up a bit.

And Robert, That part of Philly hasn't been good for way longer then 15 years. you'd have to go back to the 50's maybe when Kensington used to be a half decent place to live. My dad runs his business off out Kensington ave, right around Kensington and Sommerset ave, which is maybe 4 blocks from K&A. Was funny to work down there in the summer, you don't need TV, you just have to sit on your step and watch all the kooks outside.

stoop. they refer to it as a stoop. much, much classier, obviously.

For the people who get their shit stolen from a locked car, that sucks. But for the people who leave their skis, shoes, bags, etc unattended and get them jacked, that's all on you. Would you leave cash laying around? No. And that's what people see when they see your shit. A friggin locker costs a few quarters. And the equipment check is free. You have no excuse. But the bottom line is, people suck.

For the people who get their shit stolen from a locked car, that sucks. But for the people who leave their skis, shoes, bags, etc unattended and get them jacked, that's all on you. Would you leave cash laying around? No. And that's what people see when they see your shit. A friggin locker costs a few quarters. And the equipment check is free. You have no excuse. But the bottom line is, people suck.

Lock up your shit.. I mean how cheap are we that we can't afford a $12 dakine lock that will be blatantly obvious that somebody's stealing it since they'd have to have wire cutters and everything? jesus. Sorry, I just don't understand that

I said K&A just to get an idea of the area but my house was 2 blocks from the Tioga L stop

near ST Joan of Ark Church.

My deed said Horrowgate Estates on it.

For some reason...history wise... the area around the Tioga L stop was considered Estates.

Beats me why. Its just row houses.

anyway.... 15 years ago there were factories on every corner and everyone had a job.

It was a factory neighborhood where everyone could walk to work.

Guys worked, women raised kids, and the kids went to the catholic school in the local church.

Then the factories all closed.... the guys left.. anyone who could then bugged out.

Then it turned into crack cocaine and hookers.

My property value dropped $10,000 in in 10 years. I was lucky to dump the house and make

a profit at all when I left.