Season Updates

BC-Mark

are we gonna see a new park soon like by the end od this week or sooner

Tomorrow night we're going out to make some changes. The plan right now is to completely redo Black Bear from the yurt down (at least). It's supposed to get down to 17 tomorrow night so hopefully new snow and old gross snow from the rain will get churned up for some decent conditions this weekend.

could you also cut down the lips of almost all of the rails and boxes? Every down rail set up right now is awkward and almost a "jump down" onto?

so i'm not the only one who finds all the lips onto any down rail to be weird then. its really strange trying to 2 onto something when you're just dropping down onto the rail.

one waffe is four dollars i just think that bear should stop ripping people off for everything

the prices in the bar are quite reasonable compared to most other ski areas i've been too. blue's bar is more expensive for smaller cups of worse beer.

so i'm not the only one who finds all the lips onto any down rail to be weird then. its really strange trying to 2 onto something when you're just dropping down onto the rail.

agreed on the lips being strange. they could definetly use some work. If your going to make them urban then do it right, not a 3 inch ollie up onto a rail which is just awkward. And why would there be two rails that are practically identical and set up the same right next to eachother at the bottom. I'm talking the palmer and the doublewide or whatever you want to call them. Dig out the palmer and give it a legit ollie on.

Overall though the parks have been fun, jumps are built pretty nice, blackbear is pretty good. Some of the kids on park crew are useless, and cascade needs more features.

The conditions the past two days have been great. We really got lucky with the NYE storm being snow and a bit of sleet rather than sleet and rain.

This coming week looks really cold and we will be making snow nightly. It is rare we get such a prolonged stretch of teens and low 20's. A forecast like this we will allow the snowmaking team to really bury the mountain. Having more than a single night or two to make snow, we will be trying something a bit different with our snowmaking strategy this week.

Starting tonight, we will begin snowmaking at 10pm each night and shut the guns down by 6am. From 6am to opening, the groomers will have a chance to smooth out the piles and clean up any mishaps from the night before. Obviously we can only sacrifice the extra 2 to 3 hours of snowmaking each night when we have favorable forecasts and/or a decent base, but if the conditions are markedly better than making snow right up until opening we will make this the new standard. Let me know how you think the strategy works.

The conditions the past two days have been great. We really got lucky with the NYE storm being snow and a bit of sleet rather than sleet and rain.

This coming week looks really cold and we will be making snow nightly. It is rare we get such a prolonged stretch of teens and low 20's. A forecast like this we will allow the snowmaking team to really bury the mountain. Having more than a single night or two to make snow, we will be trying something a bit different with our snowmaking strategy this week.

Starting tonight, we will begin snowmaking at 10pm each night and shut the guns down by 6am. From 6am to opening, the groomers will have a chance to smooth out the piles and clean up any mishaps from the night before. Obviously we can only sacrifice the extra 2 to 3 hours of snowmaking each night when we have favorable forecasts and/or a decent base, but if the conditions are markedly better than making snow right up until opening we will make this the new standard. Let me know how you think the strategy works.

Curious what the previous/standard strategy is and the downsides of it relative to this new one?

im thining that will be much better because the park sucks in the morning with freshly blown snow even if its nice like the rails and stuff the ffresh blown snow is usually just too slow and inconsistant to really get a good run in hitting everything IMO

Curious what the previous/standard strategy is and the downsides of it relative to this new one?

they would blow right untill opening and then the fresh blown snow wouldnt be completely groomed out... i think.