Season Updates

BC-Mark

Kodiak still had plenty of snow, Im sure they couldve done a pond skim.

more like im sure they could have stayed open for a lot longer. If they didnt have enough snow at the exits of the chair lifts the snow could be transferred over.

I remember a few seasons back andy got the grooming guys to take snow from the other side of the mtn to bring it to the park

^ amen. couldnt have said it better myself

Bear Creek deleted everyones posts on their facebook page haha

(quote Bear Creek The team at Bear Creek is just as dissapointed about the way the season ended. No one could have predicted the heavy rain and although we tried our best, we just don't have enough snow to safely cover the ramps at the lifts and the bare spots on the mountain. Also, we do not generally delete posts by our guests. Howev...er, we have received some comments that are vulgar and offensive and therefore had to be removed. quote)

TOO BAD THEY CAN'T DELETE POSTINGS ON HERE!

you know, i got to say bear is legit as hell. this thread proves it. one thing i love and wish every park had was a definite connection and understanding of their park's riders. way to go BC, keeping it real.

there is a minor connection if anything. about 95% of what people suggest on here does not get done.

I NEVER thought i would see the day that spring mount was open longer then bear.

remember 05/06 or 07/08? i cant remember which year, but bear closed down for like a month after opening weekend and lost all their snow but spring mountain stayed open basically the whole time? i think bear just cannot hold snow. i agree though, there is plenty they could of moved around. maybe they need to regrade the top area so its not a gian flat part where water just puddles and melts snow.

remember 05/06 or 07/08? i cant remember which year, but bear closed down for like a month after opening weekend and lost all their snow but spring mountain stayed open basically the whole time? i think bear just cannot hold snow. i agree though, there is plenty they could of moved around. maybe they need to regrade the top area so its not a gian flat part where water just puddles and melts snow.

yeah and the year after they made up the 65 day season guarantee hahahahaha

It just seems to me like this was really poorly handled. You just cannot shut your guns off for two months straight and expect the snow to last. Their margins HAD TO be higher this year. Running those things (electric especially) is one of the biggest expenses on the mountain. There was just no warning at all... and then to have your CAD in a raging rainstorm.

When I saw they were staying open I was like, wtf. Hmm, saving yourself quite a bit of money there

I'm sure season pass prices will go up next year. Eh, just frustrated. I'm going to Camelback... :)