Airbag

paolo

I only hit it once so I can't give too much info, but it was actually surprisingly fun. I thought landing on it would be awkward but it's really not; trying to get off of it made me feel like a fool though haha. The kicker was pretty nice and of decent size. As for the flip rule I can't say for sure, I didn't really wanna push anything on my first hit but I saw guys going inverted fairly often, I think they just tell you not to do it again. It was fun for free, but I'm not sure how fun it'd be when you're shelling out $10 for three hits or whatever the hell they want.

Ive rode the airbag 2 nights in a row now and its seriously awesome. Even with the invert rule its sweet just for spins. The boss is loosening up a bit, but the invert rule is still mostly enforced. If you look like your know what your doing they are pretty chill about everything. Nobody says anything about corks even if they do go a little inverted but if you do like a straight up backflip/frontflip, you could have your pass taken but they usually give a warning first. The employees that run it really dont care but if the boss is out he will enforce it. The only downfalls right now are speed and the size of the jump which they plan to fix for this coming weekend. The jump is basically level with the airbag which sucks cause you dont have enough room for bigger tricks and the drop in isnt high enough. Other than that Id totally recommend it to learn aerial awareness on new tricks. As soon as it gets dialed it will be way better and im sure that whole invert thing will just be frowned upon and not completely enforced in a couple of weeks. Employee season passes for it are now 25$ and for non employees its 10$ for 3 hits, 15$ for 4-9pm and 125$ for the season pass. Definitely worth the money.

Edited by Rodeo Steve

On skis do you think it would be easier to do a front flip or backflips onto the big airbag???

Backflips are easier because the jump usually throws you a little backwards anyway. Front flips you have to throw harder to overcome this backwards rotation from the takeoff. Backflips tend to be more scary but easier to land since you see your landing the entire rotation, front flips are less scary to throw but harder to land since you are staring at the sky for the full rotation.

For a backflip just lean back as you are going off the jump and pop, then bring your knees in towards your chest to complete the rotation.

For a front flip you have to throw your upper body downward as you are popping, bring your knees in for a quicker rotation

Friend at the hospital said he had somebody come in the ER that came up short and broke their back on the airbag.

If its true sounds like a pretty good sized lawsuit!

haha concidering i watched the whole thing and he only made it up 1/3 of the lip before catching his heel side edge and procedded to not even make it to the bag, so im pretty sure only a fag like you would get a lawsuit going for your own stupidity

Friend at the hospital said he had somebody come in the ER that came up short and broke their back on the airbag.

If its true sounds like a pretty good sized lawsuit!

and that sounds like what's wrong with this country? why is every idiot allowed to sue someone for their own lack of ability/common sense? in no way is the airbag a guarantee that you're not gonna get hurt. if you catch an edge on the lip, it's gonna hurt, regardless of what you're landing on, and in no way is it even related to the airbag itself if dude can't manage to hit a small jump.

• Like 1

and that sounds like what's wrong with this country? why is every idiot allowed to sue someone for their own lack of ability/common sense? in no way is the airbag a guarantee that you're not gonna get hurt. if you catch an edge on the lip, it's gonna hurt, regardless of what you're landing on, and in no way is it even related to the airbag itself if dude can't manage to hit a small jump.

Nothing is really wrong, I mean what you don't want is people not being able to have their situation righted when something truly terrible has happened so there are almost no real barriers to filing suit. Additionally in 99% of tort cases bullshit like the above gets thrown out or at the very least the money awarded is very low as the court essentially splits the liability. Idiot above is 90% liable so he only gets 10% of 100,000, 10,000 might sound like alot but that's maybe a days worth of work at decent size litigation firm.

The problem with this is that litigation in general is very expensive and even if you get the case thrown out quickly say on summary judgment you end up spending lots of loot. Often then what happens is companies do not see an advantage in litigation and simply settle when the matter arises. So even though they may have not been at fault they pay the dude 150,000 because that's cheaper than the 200,000 it costs them to litigate this issue. Retards see the fat handouts and all jump on board.

Not only is the company out some cash but the insurance people tend to freak out.

F'N A right! I'm fine and dandy with all the so called "improvements" but it's a SKI AREA.

Get everything fully open first then start setting up you gimmick ideas.

I don't give a shit about the airbag I just want Sidewinder open. Challenge as steep as it should be Not Main Street. Razor open to full with. And a Seat in the lodge with some good food to eat.

Don't think thats a lot to ask!

My point about the airbag was that they should get the mountain fully open before they star creating more headaches!