Jackson Hole Report Thread

AtomicSkier

Yup flying tomorrow at 1pm cab is picking us up at 10:45am. And even with a bony base we had alot of legit skiing. Most of the spoiled locals haven't even been skiing. Depressing seeing patches of grass and puddles here in town.

Yeah by the thread it looks like it was definitely a legit trip....

Did you have more fun this time because you got to ski with friends, or about the same as when you head out there solo??

I seem to always have more fun when I get to ski / hang out with peeps rather than solo... Although I had fun by myself in Colorado last year, but it is so much better in a group or with friends IMO...

Just got back from a great dinner finale with GSS, NSJay, and his wife. We ate at the Rendezvous Bistro, which was awesome.

Since GSS wasn't there for the TR today, I guess I'll have to fill you in. I got in line around 8:45am, only to see NSJay a few minutes later with the biggest shit eating grin on his face, laughing as he got into the line. He was shocked by the news of GSS's demise. We snagged the first gondola with the lifetime season passholder, who was wondering where GSS was. He shared a laugh with us about GSS's dancings antics. At the top of the gondola, it was super thick pea soup with extremely flat light. Down in ampitheatre, it was clear, but still flat light. We took thunder up, and towards the top, it looked a little bright, and about 100 vert from the top station, we broke through the clouds to a bluebird day. Our first two turns in Laramie Bowl were in the sun light, the next 100 where in the darkness of the clouds, but conditions in Laramie were pretty good. It was actually snowing at a pretty good rate in the clouds. We took sublette up, again, breaking through the clouds. We headed over to Wally's world to sample the bumps which had a fresh inch on top, sugar coating them. We were still high enough to be in the sun, so visibility wasn't an issue. Down to the sublette, we took it back up and sampled Rendezvous trail, which had really nice soft snow down the left side. We did that a second time I believe, and then sampled the bumps in wally's a second, then third time. We decided to head back to Thunder, at which time the cloud cover disappeared in the matter of 5 minutes. A run down amphitheater, traversing to over to Apres Vous, and a lift ride up to the top of AV put us at our final run at Jackson Hole for the trip. We flew down to the bottom for a nice lunch at the Alpenhof with NSJay's wife.

Stand by for Doug's comprehensive report.

oh hello ev erybody, we just got back fro mthe firehouse, which is a great bar here in bethlehem. in attentance was myself, kevin thomas, justin thomas, and trevor maki. the real del people. the real fuckin deal. we dont mess around, we drank some beers. and tomorrow we are oing to ski. ya know. ski some blue the true. at blue mountain, sidewinder is going to be open. and i like blue mountain. suck thats you broke you foot doing some lame dance-o-roo in jackson.end.

oh hello ev erybody, we just got back fro mthe firehouse, which is a great bar here in bethlehem. in attentance was myself, kevin thomas, justin thomas, and trevor maki. the real del people. the real fuckin deal. we dont mess around, we drank some beers. and tomorrow we are oing to ski. ya know. ski some blue the true. at blue mountain, sidewinder is going to be open. and i like blue mountain. suck thats you broke you foot doing some lame dance-o-roo in jackson.end.

Kevin?

If there was such a thing as post of the year ... this would be it.

expect this *10 next week.

At the Chicago airport, eating at Johnny rockets flight to Allentown leaves in an hour and a half. My foot feels better, I think I am going to ski blue tomorrow am

So what is really wrong? Did you break a bone or twist your ankle? Sucks to miss a skiing day on vacation but at least it won't end your season.

For sure..the 2-4 inches they are getting should fill everything in.. :blink:

AngryHugo when are you leaving for JH and where are you staying..

I'm leaving Feb 3. We're staying at a condo right in Teton Village. My brother-in-law, the one that looks like Lumbergh from Office Space, lumbergh.jpg gets the same place every year.