The official Vancouver Winter Olympics thread

RidgeRacer

how was louie vito not 2nd? what are their judging criteria for pipe in the olympics? i know they have to straight air which is lame, but what made lago's run better?

How is it lame that you have to have a straight air? I think its a really good idea, becuase like the annoucer said it shows control. I remember a couple guys had some trouble with them and flailing their arms. Id rather watch a huge straight air then a double cork twelve(which is so gnarly) any day.

How is it lame that you have to have a straight air? I think its a really good idea, becuase like the annoucer said it shows control. I remember a couple guys had some trouble with them and flailing their arms. Id rather watch a huge straight air then a double cork twelve(which is so gnarly) any day.

and this is exactly why i'm fine with skiing halfpipe not being an olympic sport. having a straight air in your run is a cop out. snowboarders in the x games were using them as a set up air. set up airs for skiers in the x games were zero spins, flat 3s, and alley oop 7s. explain to me how a straight air shows more skill and mastery of the sport than an alley oop flat 3?

• Like 1

First I dont think skiing halfpipe will ever be an olympic sport just because they hae so many other discplines. How is having a straight air in your run a cop out? White had one in everyone of his xgames runs and he won that. Im not saying it shows more skill, but how come there were people still having more trouble with a straight air than a doublecork. And as far as set up airs, I dont think it matters that much considering all the back to back 10s and 12s were seeing.

First I dont think skiing halfpipe will ever be an olympic sport just because they hae so many other discplines. How is having a straight air in your run a cop out? White had one in everyone of his xgames runs and he won that. Im not saying it shows more skill, but how come there were people still having more trouble with a straight air than a doublecork. And as far as set up airs, I dont think it matters that much considering all the back to back 10s and 12s were seeing.

just noticed you're from bear. i quit.

• Like 1

If you dig curling, go rent the movie "Men With Brooms". Its Canadian, funny as hell, and you'll probably have about 25 new one-liners to use after seeing it. Awesome flick.

As for the Olympics, I have to DVR the Super-G from today. Sheer awesomeness. I won't spoil the results here, since I know how some people are about that. (sorry if you're my facebook friend haha)

If you dig curling, go rent the movie "Men With Brooms". Its Canadian, funny as hell, and you'll probably have about 25 new one-liners to use after seeing it. Awesome flick.

As for the Olympics, I have to DVR the Super-G from today. Sheer awesomeness. I won't spoil the results here, since I know how some people are about that. (sorry if you're my facebook friend haha)

Quite a good result :)

great night for sure - the dvr got a workout

with that level of intensity in a prelim round game i hope usa and canada meet again in a medal game!

too bad all the bode haters don't seem to be around anymore, id give em one o these :fu

i hope he went down to the village and enjoyed a beer or five. that slalom course looked tough.