Eldora TR 4-7-10

Barb

Decided to leave my very used 10 year old board at home and buy a new one out here. Got a sweet K2 airdu. Got the whole set up for 40 percent off due to end of the season sales which was great.

On to the snow...arrived to cloudy snowing skies. They got 6 inches the night before. We slept in and didn't get up there until about 10am. There are 3 sections to the mountain: challenge, indian peaks, and corona bowl. Indian peaks was closed and corona bowl was too challenging for me, I admit so we stuck to challenge.

Most of the blues we went down were the equivalent of the last headwall on rivershot at frost, so plenty fun for our ability level. We quickly shed layers after the first run because the sun came out and it was beautiful!!

We rode for about 3 hours and did the equivalent of the number of runs on an average day at frost.

Conditions were great. I have never rode out west and loved it. I'm sure to the locals Eldora is a small little mtn compared to the other resorts. It is great for us since we are used to much smaller. About 40 minutes door to door. Our new neighbors have a place at winter park and have already extended an open invitation. Looking forward to that next season.

I really don't want to fly home Saturday.

Tomorrow we're heading to rocky mtn national park. Should be another fun day

• Like 1