First Gear Purchase for 2010/2011 Season

Ride Delaware ?

I've never done the bootfitting thing but A-Jeff swears by it...anyway I've got to stop procrastinating and just buy some new boots and not cheap out this time...my last two pairs of ski boots were $70 for Langes and $200 for my recreational Atomics..

Does Nestors carry Full Tilts?

yes, nestors carries full tilts. provided the fit is appropriate (you used to wear L10s so you should be fine), the konflict is probably the boot that would be most appropriate for you.

There is nothing to swear by. You shouldn't buy boots that are 100% comfortable in the shop.

correct. if it fits like a slipper in the shop, your foot is going to be sliding around in the boot, it'll take longer to get your ski up on edge, and your foot will get tired from overcompensating for all the slop inside the boot.

bottom line, proper fit and footbeds will do wonders for your skiing if it's something you've never had before. jeff knows, he can almost turn his skis now! :rolleyes:

I have done bootfitting at Nestors and they are very helpful. However I am constantly tweaking the boot - be it on a ski trip or at home. If I have a problem on a trip I just go to the ski shop and a technician is always willing to help. Ski shops are usually very helpful regardless if I bought the boot from them are not. I am usually buying other gear so they still get my business. Ski tune, Apparel, etc...

Just ordered up a pair of skins and a day pack. I've been spendin like Ralph Cramden after he found a suitcase full of counterfeit bills, lol.

2011 Black Diamond black-diamond-ascension-nylon-sts-skins

125mm

Ascension STS Skins -

Black Diamond Climbing

Skins

2010 Black Diamond Agent black-diamond-agent-backpack

Ocean Print - M/L

Backpack - Black Diamond

did a little browsing today at the new EMS in Collegeville. Tried on a Bern helmet with the brock foam. soooooo comfortable. may have to go for one.

after that, I stopped at Salter's in Eagleville. I'm pretty sure you have to be at least 70 to work there.

Grandpa Munster: We picked up a new line that's really hot with all the kids. It's called Six Eighty Six

Me (wearing a 686 shirt): It's pronounced Six Eight Six, and I already have a bu...

Grandpa Munster: Let me show you all the Six Eighty Six pants....

Me: ugh..

• Like 1