First Gear Purchase for 2010/2011 Season

Ride Delaware ?

obviously. pretty sure i was rocking some KT stuff that first day at basin 2 years ago when i was slayin...err sweating and puking.

Yeah you might want to pawn that off onto someone. Someone at the broshow condo might take you up on it.

Finished my 2010-2011 purchases tonight... Makes me feel alot better knowing the only thing I need to get next year are new boots and a pair of spring pants... I just picked up Burton Mission EST bindings, K2 Formula Bindings, Burton Poacher Insulated Pants, and 2 Channel Mats for the ICS system... Feeling good and ready for the snow!!!

I just picked up new boots. Nordica speedmachine 100s. Ajeff said to go for 110s but I liked these the best of what I tried on. Will be nice to be rid of my Atomic boots which were too big. I got these in a 27....and for the first time I got custom footbeds. Total damage was boots $499....footbeds $69....fitting $20....binder adjustment on two pairs of skis $50....they probably won't have to do a demoing on the binders but if they have to it could be more money when I pick them up this weekend. Wallet way lifter but one of my errands off my plate.

What did you like better about the 100's vs the 110's?

LOL...you must have a lot of experience skiing in high end boots to make that claim. :rofl Doug really should be in something 120+, but to each his own. He has the weight/strength to flex any boot.

Coming from the kid that thinks he needs the stiffest shit out there but would probably have more fun on a recreational carving ski. What do you need a 130 flex boot for? Do you race? No, do you huck big shit? No, I've never even seen you leave the ground. Someone in a 100 flex boot could ski the same as you.

Talk shit all you want but you don't know as much as you think you know.

Jus sayin.

Edited by Dan-

Everyone shut the fuck up about boot stiffness, 90% of those numbers are make believe. They are shit dudes in the marketing department come up with based on a rough estimate based on plastics and shims and crap like that. A nordica 90 could be lange 130 or a rossi 50, its all marketing bullshit.

Plugs are for obese mother fuckers, high high high end racers and dudes that want to front.

I run a 90 flex boot and can huck up to 20, rip steeps and run gates in some of the stiffest boards (B-squad/LP's/SC98's) south of custom Iggys. Now I am a middle of the road skier but occasionally I get to ride with people who have real talent and I can't ever remember anyone talking about boot stiffness in any meaningful way.

Think more scalpel and less sledgehammer.

As an aside its kind of pathetic to see a bunch of dudes in a thread whipping their dicks out to see who's is the biggest based on boot stiffness.

If you ever get out to Crested there is a dude in 60's wool gear, leather boots and 3pins. Dude mother fucking kills it, while were dicking around with 1,000,000 flex lange world cups he's in 3pins murdering it like we only do in dreams. Gear is entirely secondary to whoever is using it.

• Like 1

Everyone shut the fuck up about boot stiffness, 90% of those numbers are make believe. They are shit dudes in the marketing department come up with based on a rough estimate based on plastics and shims and crap like that. A nordica 90 could be lange 130 or a rossi 50, its all marketing bullshit.

Plugs are for obese mother fuckers, high high high end racers and dudes that want to front.

I run a 90 flex boot and can huck up to 20, rip steeps and run gates in some of the stiffest boards (B-squad/LP's/SC98's) south of custom Iggys. Now I am a middle of the road skier but occasionally I get to ride with people who have real talent and I can't ever remember anyone talking about boot stiffness in any meaningful way.

Think more scalpel and less sledgehammer.

As an aside its kind of pathetic to see a bunch of dudes in a thread whipping their dicks out to see who's is the biggest based on boot stiffness.

If you ever get out to Crested there is a dude in 60's wool gear, leather boots and 3pins. Dude mother fucking kills it, while were dicking around with 1,000,000 flex lange world cups he's in 3pins murdering it like we only do in dreams. Gear is entirely secondary to whoever is using it.

this times 8590436785. i'm used to skiing the top end lange boot because previously, a plug-type boot was about all that would fit my skinny foot. i'm in full tilt konflicts this year and after three days on them, i'm stoked. they claim to be an 8 flex on full tilt's scale, which runs from 2 to 10. lange's adult scale runs from i believe 40 up to 150. the numbers don't mean crap from one manufacturer to the next, it just kinda gives you an idea of where the boot falls within that company's range. i don't find my old banshee pros, which were listed at a 135 flex, to be much stiffer than my konflicts, but the konflicts have a much more progressive flex, which i'm diggin so far.

this times 8590436785. i'm used to skiing the top end lange boot because previously, a plug-type boot was about all that would fit my skinny foot. i'm in full tilt konflicts this year and after three days on them, i'm stoked. they claim to be an 8 flex on full tilt's scale, which runs from 2 to 10. l

So lusting for the full tilt's

Keep us updated if you would on what you think of them, I loved the old Raichle bumblebees.

Justo...didn't you even say in an IM to me the other day that he should be on something 120+? :banghead

Anyway, I don't know why people started attacking me here? I may not race anymore, but it doesn't mean I don't push the shit out of my boots/skis. I don't feel like I need to defend my equipment here, or my abilities. Those who have seen the way I ski must be pretty ignorant if they're asking why I have RS130s, or bevel all my skis at 1/3, etc.

I also have a experience in higher end ski boots, I'm sure much like some snowboarders on this board :blink: but with Doug's weight + the way he skis when he actually gets on steeper stuff on trips, he could benefit from something stiffer then a beginner boot. His new boots will be a big improvement over his mushy Atomics.

I'm not some world cup racer, but I wouldn't be doing this on 106mm waist skis with some mushy n00b boots...

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=3984

Coming from the kid that thinks he needs the stiffest shit out there but would probably have more fun on a recreational carving ski. What do you need a 130 flex boot for? Do you race? No, do you huck big shit? No, I've never even seen you leave the ground. Someone in a 100 flex boot could ski the same as you.

Talk shit all you want but you don't know as much as you think you know.

Jus sayin.

This post proves you don't know what you're talking about.

^ I'm not attacking you or anyone else, my apologies if it feels that way. I figure this is more like sitting a bar bullshitting with your friends rather than some formal horseshit.

I don't care if you or Jesus himself is rocking 1,000,000 flex boots unless I'm looking to purchase those same boots that's your prerogative. Plugs though are massively uncomfortable, Justo aside (btw you should have been a racer, you may be the only person in the history of plugs with a foot that actually fits) they really fit nobody.

All I'm saying is that any of that shit is really crappy indicator of one's ability, there are wanna be racers rocking stiff as shit boards and boots that can't do anything more than stem christies and people in rag tag shit ass beater gear that mother fucking kill it. There's a dude from Mich. running around LCC that doesn't even have matching skis yet he can drop 40 clean and blow backies off 2ft wind lips.

The somewhat common theory that gear=ability is horse shit, gear=how much money you have or how many people you know that work at a shop.

• Like 1