First Gear Purchase for 2010/2011 Season

Ride Delaware ?

Those and the year after were nearly perfect and now they are gone..... :crymore:

That Mantra deal you posted sealed the deal, I really don't need another 90ish underfoot ski but its a great price and the Mantra is a good ski.

Igneous makes custom boards that are wicked stiff but they are crazy loot, 100 bucks is awesome.

Nitro still makes some stiff stuff, but they are starting to pull out of the US market. They kill it in Europe and they are moving most of their focus over their. I found a Nitro Naturals 161 for 100 bucks. I've only ridden it a few time but holy shit does it throw you out of turns. It has so much camber.

Old school Legend Pros (two/three years back) were one of the greatest skis ever made. Destroy Destroy Destroy lulz. They had endless power, rock solid construction, were unflappable at nearly any speed, were easy to engage and were quick edge to edge without being twitchy but they needed some leg and Dynastar softened the tips and tails and made them less torsionally stiff. Fuckers ended one of the most amazing charging skis ever made.

Those planks are a pain to turn. The Legend Pros are 100% work, you can never let your foot off of the gas for a moment. I still get comments on the shuttle bus or in lift lines when I show up with my Legend Pros. There is a Cult based around this ski. I'm glad I'm in it. I think they also shortened the turning radius of the newer Legend Pro down to around 30 or so. I'm not sure what the radius on mine are. I know Jeremy Nobis designed the skis to be like Super G racing skis meant for powder.

I would think the Mantra is too much ski for Blue but then again Jeff isn't your typical Blue Mt. skier. He lays 'em over like very few of us can.

I would think the Mantra is too much ski for Blue but then again Jeff isn't your typical Blue Mt. skier. He lays 'em over like very few of us can.

Mantra too much ski for Blue? :nana 22m radius is pretty much perfect for Blue. I loved my 30m Got's at Blue, but only on weekdays with the place to myself.

What about the S7, Armada JJ/ARG or the Moment Donner Party?

For my money those are the best pow skis on the market right now.

Haha, if a hellbent isn't what he's looking for a reverse, reverse ski is way over the top.

NeverSummer Premier F-1R is on its way. Still trying to decide on either a NeverSummer SL or the Rome Agent Rocker.

I still have yet to try any of the many new rocker tech. Im such a skeptic. Have you tried any of it yet or is this going to be your first purchase?

I had a rockered powder board last season. I really liked it in powder, but wasn't too thrilled of it on anything hard. All these boards are both rockered and cambered so they bite a lot more, but still will float. I was planning on hitting C-back a few times this year, so maybe I can bring one up and let you try it out.

I had a rockered powder board last season. I really liked it in powder, but wasn't too thrilled of it on anything hard. All these boards are both rockered and cambered so they bite a lot more, but still will float. I was planning on hitting C-back a few times this year, so maybe I can bring one up and let you try it out.

Awesome! Sounds like a plan. I'm still undecided where I'm going to buy my pass this year, it may possibly be Blue unsure.gif