First Gear Purchase for 2010/2011 Season

Ride Delaware ?

:rofl hugo's on a roll today! the mantra's and v bridge are on my short list as well as fischer addicts and watea 84's, what are you gonna put on for bindings?

Don't know...we'll see when winter time comes around, but for $412...couldn't pass up the Mantra's.

http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/Volkl-Mantra-Skis.asp

Just snagged a Burton Poacher jacket on ebay as a shell and a Burton Malolo off of Porter's Tahoe... I was going to buy some Burton Cartel EST off of the Burton website since all of last years models were 30% off, but they switched over to the 2011 models today, so I don't think that is going to happen :(

Just snagged a Burton Poacher jacket on ebay as a shell and a Burton Malolo off of Porter's Tahoe... I was going to buy some Burton Cartel EST off of the Burton website since all of last years models were 30% off, but they switched over to the 2011 models today, so I don't think that is going to happen :(

Oh noos a Burton fanboy! Have you rode a variety of anything else?

Oh noos a Burton fanboy! Have you rode a variety of anything else?

Yes, I am a Burton slut... My first board was a Rad-Air, and I loved it, but I haven't been able to find any lately... I am also buying Rome's K2 this year and will be fitting it out with K2 bindings... Just a certain comfort zone with Burton... Not to mention, I dont buy any of them full price, so it usually works out fine for me...

Both are terrible skis

uh...ok :confused care to expand or recommend an alternate that i can get CHEAP? i am seeing some deals on dynastar legends as well. i don't know enough about alot of the armadas or lines to know what would work as an all mountain ride. been skiing the precursor to the addict (riu) for a few years and and its been a ton of fun on evrything except blue's frozen cord :wiggle

uh...ok :confused care to expand or recommend an alternate that i can get CHEAP? i am seeing some deals on dynastar legends as well. i don't know enough about alot of the armadas or lines to know what would work as an all mountain ride. been skiing the precursor to the addict (riu) for a few years and and its been a ton of fun on evrything except blue's frozen cord :wiggle

get the mantra's.

the addict is a stiff true twin, so it's not going to be a great all mountain ski really. have you skied jeff's PEs? if you have, and liked those, you should look for a pair of last year's K2 extremes. I'd say buy this year's revival, cause they're awesome, but not for what you're going to be doing with it. aside from that, the dynastar 6th sense spin, which is 87 in the waist and super lively and fun in the bumps (or the Big if they still make it, which is 92 waist).

edit: now that i think of it, i was in nestors over the weekend, and there's a few pairs of the dynastar big trouble's sitting around that will probably be going for cheap during ski mania in a few weeks. really fun, stable, all mountain ski that will carve up blue but still give you something wide enough for the epic PA pow days. kevin skied the gs course on razors switch on his a year or two ago, so they'll definitely hold an edge on hardpack.

Edited by Justo8484

The bridge is Chinese crap, Volkl splits production, cheap shit gets produced in China the big boys in Europe. Mostly Germany or sometimes in the Atomic factory or the Elan factory. Bridge is a delam machine with crappy thin slow bases and the poplar core with no stiffeners means its a noodle. Lot better noodles out there. A friend I ride with has warrantied two pairs and the dude skis like Baryshnikov.

Addict is too stiff and the dimensions are all wrong for an all mnt. ski. Fischer makes quality skis though so that's one up on Volkl.

Old school Legend Pros (two/three years back) were one of the greatest skis ever made. Destroy Destroy Destroy lulz. They had endless power, rock solid construction, were unflappable at nearly any speed, were easy to engage and were quick edge to edge without being twitchy but they needed some leg and Dynastar softened the tips and tails and made them less torsionally stiff. Fuckers ended one of the most amazing charging skis ever made.

Old school Legend Pros (two/three years back) were one of the greatest skis ever made. Destroy Destroy Destroy lulz. They had endless power, rock solid construction, were unflappable at nearly any speed, were easy to engage and were quick edge to edge without being twitchy but they needed some leg and Dynastar softened the tips and tails and made them less torsionally stiff. Fuckers ended one of the most amazing charging skis ever made.

These? They are 2x4's that have bindings lol.

img7.jpg

At least they still make skis that have some sort of resemblance of stiff. It's hard as shit to find a snowboard that is an actual freeride board. I had to dig back into the archives to find something good. And it was only 100 bucks =)

These? They are 2x4's that have bindings lol.

img7.jpg

Those and the year after were nearly perfect and now they are gone..... :crymore:

That Mantra deal you posted sealed the deal, I really don't need another 90ish underfoot ski but its a great price and the Mantra is a good ski.

At least they still make skis that have some sort of resemblance of stiff. It's hard as shit to find a snowboard that is an actual freeride board. I had to dig back into the archives to find something good. And it was only 100 bucks =)

Igneous makes custom boards that are wicked stiff but they are crazy loot, 100 bucks is awesome.

The bridge is Chinese crap, Volkl splits production, cheap shit gets produced in China the big boys in Europe. Mostly Germany or sometimes in the Atomic factory or the Elan factory. Bridge is a delam machine with crappy thin slow bases and the poplar core with no stiffeners means its a noodle. Lot better noodles out there. A friend I ride with has warrantied two pairs and the dude skis like Baryshnikov.

Addict is too stiff and the dimensions are all wrong for an all mnt. ski. Fischer makes quality skis though so that's one up on Volkl.

aaah thanks for the info, don't want no noddles. i got mrs snowbunski some volkl fuegos last year and they seem well made/designed and figured they'd be that way across the board.

hey justo those big troubles the white & green ones with the peas on the bases? my son has the nothing but troubles from a few years ago with the same graphics. we could have matching skis, how gay would that be?!?

still not totally sold on a 90+ ski for a primary blue mt ski :tinfoil:

aaah thanks for the info, don't want no noddles. i got mrs snowbunski some volkl fuegos last year and they seem well made/designed and figured they'd be that way across the board.

hey justo those big troubles the white & green ones with the peas on the bases? my son has the nothing but troubles from a few years ago with the same graphics. we could have matching skis, how gay would that be?!?

still not totally sold on a 90+ ski for a primary blue mt ski :tinfoil:

I used to think the same way too, until I got my 85mm PE's and fell in love. Then I started skiing 105mm skis at Blue, and again, loved the stability. I'm now going to be on what I think will be the perfect high speed skis for Blue. 184cm long, 96mm in the waist and a 22m radius with some titanium layered in there for extra stiffness :)

mantra.jpg