Aspen Stoke

AtomicSkier

i went to aspen 4 times last year but forgot what days id gone by the time i got back to a computer. aspen is definitely a sick place. i feel rich when i walk through the town with my hoodie on and my gun in my pants.

by the way, saying "take care of some things" doesnt make you sound special or CEO at all.

• Like 1

Sooo...I was in Aspen yesterday. I really do love that place. Left a cold and rainy Philadelphia early in the AM, and arrived a few hours later in a sunny Aspen, 60 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. A quick walk over to Buttermilk from the airport, I snagged the awesome deal on a Classic pass. Took the bus into town, walked around, FaceTime'd with NSJay, had lunch outside, and did some shopping. Like Johnny said, Aspen is so peaceful at this time of year. I really could live there.

Part of the fun of going to Aspen is flying into the Aspen airport...On the take off video, when we turn onto the runway, you can really see how high the mountains rise in all directions making the landing a fun one.

A very firm landing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flM7gGqU3l0

Take off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHW4MN20wgA

I managed to snap this awesome picture on climb out...featuring the airport, all four mountains, and the very corner of JStyle's place.

roaringforkvalley.jpg

Great videos. I especially love that photo with the four mountains showing off their trails. That picture wouldn't look half as good in a few weeks when there is more snow, as it does now. You have the brown valley in Autumn giving way to the snow on the trails, giving way to the mountains in the background. I am sitting here in my office on a Saturday preparing a case and I am very jealous.

Great videos. I especially love that photo with the four mountains showing off their trails. That picture wouldn't look half as good in a few weeks when there is more snow, as it does now. You have the brown valley in Autumn giving way to the snow on the trails, giving way to the mountains in the background. I am sitting here in my office on a Saturday preparing a case and I am very jealous.

I am sitting here in my office trying to get some work done that was really supposed to be done Friday, but someone was in Aspen :halo GSS arrives in a little over an hour :rock

It was a pretty spectacular day. The sun was so intense, the crisp 60 degree air with the intense sun made it a perfect day for short sleeves. I walked from the airport to Buttermilk on that sidewalk on the southbound side of 82 just enjoying the views.

Oh, and the same guy that helped me at Highlands last year with my situation helped me yesterday. He even remembered me :D

I remember that guy because he was way too laid back to be working in customer service. It took him forever to figure out that situation. Hopefully he was faster this year and didn't give you grief over your expired school ID.

I used my Moravian college ID (took a summer class there), which doesn't have an expiration date :wiggle

I came home today to a Ski Magazine sitting on my desk...with one of the cover stories "Aspen Valley...Skiing's Ultimate Destination". Good read about each mountain, and describes the experience pretty accurately.

That's because ski magazine is on top of Aspen's dick

• Like 1