Killington to Open Tomorrow

Ride Delaware ?

It was a lot of fun...always great skiing this early. I'm torn between keeping my boots and getting new ones. We'll see. But snow conditions were awesome...the crowds were not, however. 3x as many people in the lift line then in previous years. The trails were empty, though :) But, early season skiing is not about getting lap after lap, it's about getting out there and skiing. After a few runs, I finally got the GS turns back to where they were last season, but the line was getting pretty outrageous...as you'll see below. Fun day...weather was perfect, stairway to heaven wasn't bad at all, and it was JADIP.

on the access road...kmart up in the clouds...nobody in sight!

img1.jpg

gondola ride...nobody on the slopes...

img2.jpg

oh...they're all in the lift line...

img3.jpg

at least the trails were empty :)

img4.jpg

so now I sit here typing away still unshowered with a slight amount of soreness in my calfs and BO in my pits to remind me that I skied today...yeah it felt great to breathe the mountain air..see snow..feel it..ski it..and be among a thousand die-hards..nice way to start the season and hopefully can hold me over a couple weeks when more Turin is open..

never get tired of dougs reports. enjoy some sfrb man.

• Like 1

most jobs start earlier than 9am....I have to be at work at 7am on delivery days which is the suck if I am at the bar till 200am the night before....9am would be sweet but then I wouldn't get out at 3

I love the flexibility I have. I just show up around when I need to be someplace. I think I'm going to do the Wegmans thing more this year.