Killington to Open Tomorrow

Ride Delaware ?

gotta watch out on VT 7. they'll get ya up there...

VT Troopers running KA (or maybe low powered K)...hard to detect from around corners, but man, the V1 lights up full alert realllll quick when they come up over a hill. Not too much advanced warning in VT even with a detector. NYSP run KA too.

Is it just gonna be me and Jeff this Sunday or any other PASRs gonna be there?

Im still undecided if im gonna come up after class Saturday. Whats your guys plans? Gonna be doing speed runs all day, any chillaxing and safety practice on the hill and maybe some beer:30s? Me thinks Jeff doesnt like me for being unemployed and may not want to hang out wih freerolling Dimey :(

Im still undecided if im gonna come up after class Saturday. Whats your guys plans? Gonna be doing speed runs all day, any chillaxing and safety practice on the hill and maybe some beer:30s? Me thinks Jeff doesnt like me for being unemployed and may not want to hang out wih freerolling Dimey :(

There is no time for relaxing on the hill. It's straight skiing from open till whenever we leave. Beers before a 5 hour drive home...not a good idea. We generally stop at this sandwhich place on the access road where we change, and then roll out.

Oh the staircase could suck but I'm only doing it once..and I need the exercise..probably not as legit as the hike to Highlands bowl in Aspen..I shall see in January..

By the weekend, I think Killington will have top to bottom and close the staircase. They might charge more though. Also watch out in New York State... to raise revenue they have State Troopers out on the highways with radar 7 days a week.

• Like 1

Production tonight will be phenomenal... Production tomorrow night looks marginal... However, NOAA has been altering forecasts here recently and it looks like elevation of 3600' and up could get straight white stuff out of this storm that is approaching... The weather models are changing a little every couple hours, so keep an eye out for it...

• Like 1

sorry i'm not into spending $65 to ski a trail at Killington. i have too many other responsibilities and activities, such as school, work, and my marathon, to take care of before then. thanks, though.

+1

There are 55s on 287 between Morristown and Parsippany...

They've been enforcing this lately. I got pulled over for doing 72 on this stretch recently.

VT Troopers running KA (or maybe low powered K)...hard to detect from around corners, but man, the V1 lights up full alert realllll quick when they come up over a hill. Not too much advanced warning in VT even with a detector. NYSP run KA too.

you don't need to worry about getting stopped with your cruise set to 75 in a 65. I have never heard of anyone getting stopped going less than 80 in a 65, at least anywhere in the mid Atlantic or new England.

Weather took a turn for the worse over the next couple days and the long term doesn't look great after day 7... That being said, you should definitely have some good snow on Sunday with round the clock snowmaking Saturday and Sunday... Lucky bastards...

Weather took a turn for the worse over the next couple days and the long term doesn't look great after day 7... That being said, you should definitely have some good snow on Sunday with round the clock snowmaking Saturday and Sunday... Lucky bastards...

The forecast for this week/weekend hasn't changed. If anything it got cooler by a degree. And believing anything after 2-3 days is a crap shoot. There are too many variables in weather to be able to accurately predict that far out.

I mean yes, I understand that, but looking at the atmospheric models, it looks like there will be some warm air coming up in 7 days... Who knows how long it will last, but I am relatively comfortable stating that it is not going to change that much in that time and we will see a warmup for a couple days next week... Shouldn't do much damage with all the snow they have...

you don't need to worry about getting stopped with your cruise set to 75 in a 65. I have never heard of anyone getting stopped going less than 80 in a 65, at least anywhere in the mid Atlantic or new England.

Well that's not true.

But I was referring to the time when a NYSP blew by me while another was running radar on the side of the road. He got a late reading on the cop and thought it was me. Pulled me over for 82....I LOL'd in his face.

I mean yes, I understand that, but looking at the atmospheric models, it looks like there will be some warm air coming up in 7 days... Who knows how long it will last, but I am relatively comfortable stating that it is not going to change that much in that time and we will see a warmup for a couple days next week... Shouldn't do much damage with all the snow they have...

It's also the beginning of november. It's not suppose to be brick ass cold out yet.

it's happened to me. i was also pulled over for going 45 in a 45, which they wrote on the ticket at 50 in a 45. luckily that one was out of state so i got no points out of it.

It's usually not brick ass cold till January..December if we are lucky..I'm pretty happy with the start for up north..a November 2nd opening with good conditions at Killington is awesome..a good chance they stay open straight through due to that walkway..

what's your hurry??? I'm alot more comfortable skiing fast than driving fast..we do so many tombstones for people who die in car crashes..I don't want to be one of em..

No hurry. I just feel like 65 is crawling. Most of the time I'm not paying attention to my speedo and just driving at what im comfortable at.