Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Looking at the long range I don't think there's gonna be any skiing in Vermont thanksgiving weekend.

I wouldnt go that far.....i think Killington at least be able to keep their version of Freedom up and running.  Even if the pattern of cold, warm, rain, cold continues, it only takes them a few hours to blow some shit on it and call it open.  Remember what Jlaw said, eventually it has to get cold, and we are moving in that direction. 

overnight temps are looking a little better for us towards the end of the month, but it looks like we could still be fighting some higher than average daytime temps as well.  

Looking at the long range I don't think there's gonna be any skiing in Vermont thanksgiving weekend.

I believe you will be quite wrong. I would be shocked if we didn't see openings at Killington, Stowe, Sugarbush, Okemo, and possibly Jay. Killington will be able to make some snow tomorrow night and possibly Tuesday. They will weather this warmup better than the last. I would be shocked if Killington wasn't t2b at that point. Temps Thanksgiving week are looking promising and nobody will want to download with the type of volume Thanksgiving will bring on limited terrain/lift ops.

RideDE what forecast do you look at for Killington???

Shockingly enough, I look at the Weather Channel forecast. I have followed many sites through the years, and it is usually the one that is most inline with the actual weather. They don't skew one way or the other like accuweather...

So there is actually a site that rates weather sites for accuracy.  http://www.forecastadvisor.com/

If only there was another site that rates sites that rate weather sites accuracy.  

Most weather sites follow one model, and spit out the data that particular model shows.  I believe that Weather.com now uses input from a few different models, ever since they were predicting hurricane sandy would go out to sea.  Whoops.  

Take your three favorite weather sites, when they all pretty much agree on a certain day, your percentages of that forecast happening are pretty good.  Weather.com owns Weather underground, so if the forecasts look really similar, thats why.  

Edited by JFskiDan