Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

So im making a portfolio/company profile for a couple places next week...

I dont know what to write. I got the who what where when and all that, mission statement/core values etc

But when it comes to making each packet company specific idk.

What should i include to make each one seem less generic? Even though they are by nature kind of.

Multiple companies that all pretty much do the same thing. We have no connection though

So im making a portfolio/company profile for a couple places next week...

I dont know what to write. I got the who what where when and all that, mission statement/core values etc

But when it comes to making each packet company specific idk.

What should i include to make each one seem less generic? Even though they are by nature kind of.

Multiple companies that all pretty much do the same thing. We have no connection though

What is the purpose of this portfolio is this for new clients? If you are washing windows at a doctors office how is what you do different than at a candy factory?? Give me a little more info and I'll help you out.

new clients yes. Property management companies. The main ones around here.

I get the whole present what you do, how, when, maybe why, but i cant really be like "cause your company is real swell"

Theyre property management companies. I cant say "ive been wanting to work with you since middle school" just sounds dumb.

They do the same stuff, just manage different buildings

I was gonna just go with a generic cover letter bio of my company/beginnings but someone said i should make it specific to the management... Why do i want to work with them?

Idk... Cause you got nice buidlings but nothing specific

Edited by Shadows

Keep it short and sweet nobody is gonna want to read to much. I would include a few testimonials and be very customer service oriented. Stress things like reliability and quality and maybe say that your main goal is to offer a great service at a competitive price". I put together packets for funeral homes I want to work with and they include a brochure, business card, custom design guide and a fact sheet.

It is important to put forth a follow up system. Invest in a 1 through 31 accordion file..if you are planning a 2 week follow up and you visited a business today with your packet, put a reminder note in the 30th slot...if not for that I wouldn't get bills paid or follow ups in a timely fashion.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Accordion file is good idea. Ive been keepin track of calls, visits, whatever.

I got the whole "im the best" stuff down. Just thought i shouldve thrown in stuff like "this one specific building is real great"

Business sucks. But its cool. Lot to learn

What do you use for your promotional stuff?

My stuff is looking real cheap.

Accordion file is good idea. Ive been keepin track of calls, visits, whatever.

I got the whole "im the best" stuff down. Just thought i shouldve thrown in stuff like "this one specific building is real great"

Business sucks. But its cool. Lot to learnWhat do you use for your promotional stuff?

My stuff is looking real cheap.

At one time we gave out can openers with our phone number and logo on it. We don't use any promotional items ie throwaways and giveaways. The cheapest thing is a pen with your logo. People always use pens. Something a little more money which is affective is a refrigerator magnet. People love refrigerator magnets..calendars can be good as well as people use them all year. A lot of our suppliers give us calendars. Unique would be something like a chocolate bar with your logo on the wrapper. Now the problem with that is that once the chocolate bar is consumed your Info goes in the trash. I know all about printing and promotional advertising because I used to sell it. Even sold 5,000 buttons for the gift shop at lost river caverns. Their cost was like 40 cents each and I bet they sell for $1.50-$2

i meant promotional packets. whatever you call them.

the stuff you give out to prospective clients.

basically printing out a slide show type thing and puttin it in a binder with cards.

which sucks but it is what it is i guess. 

one of the companies is doing tower 6 in atown and here i am on this guys desk with some crap portfolio?

oh well

Edited by Shadows

Only prissy people care about what the binder and portfolio look like. It's really about what you can offer them and at what price. Do you have the gear to wash a building like tower 6?

We use Nacci for most of our printing. Some of our printing we do in house. We use staples for postcard mailers. Postcards can be a good form of direct mail...much cheaper postage and your message is right there without somebody having to open an envolope.

I just re-read page one of this thread for the first time in about 6 years. Epic.

"Well I don't want to fucking hear it anymore... This up and down weather is cramping my style..."

haha

That was before I was "wintering" up north. I was getting real testy all the time and didn't really have the time/money to up and go. I was in the middle of a major development project. Now I can actually make the things I want to happen, happen, if the weather cooperates.

No Doug, no October 1. However, I will aim for October 31 if it's available.

• Like 1

Yeah, as a newb here reading old threads is hella fun, trying to guess where Doug had shit deleted, lol.

Essentially all my posts from 10 years ago to last year were deleted by one of the asshole mods. When I asked atomic Jeff about it he changed the subject. Bastards cause from time to time I want to read old reports but I can't.

Essentially all my posts from 10 years ago to last year were deleted by one of the asshole mods. When I asked atomic Jeff about it he changed the subject. Bastards cause from time to time I want to read old reports but I can't.

how is it even possible to delete 10 years worth of posts? I only know how to do one at a time. Deleting all of yours would take a century....

• Like 2

how is it even possible to delete 10 years worth of posts? I only know how to do one at a time. Deleting all of yours would take a century....

I've been slacking on deleting GSS posts. Now that the season is approaching, I'm gonna step my game up