Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Temps for next week went a little colder too.  

Need this cloud cover to dissipate.

I heard too that smoke from the wildfires in CA have made it all the way out here!
Not sure if that's a good thing (keep sunlight down) or a bad thing (cover the area like a blanket).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Need this cloud cover to dissipate.

I heard too that smoke from the wildfires in CA have made it all the way out here!
Not sure if that's a good thing (keep sunlight down) or a bad thing (cover the area like a blanket).

Bad thing...we need it to be clear on the marginal days.  If it’s 45 for the high and cloudy and remains overcast with no fronts coming through the temperature likely drops into the 30s.  If it’s 45 for the high and sunny and calm winds could drop into the low 20s easily. That’s why out west has such an advantage to snowmaking production this time of year. They can blow snow every night which almost always guarantees thanksgiving for the major resorts. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, antman12 said:

What websites/Apps do you guys use to get your weather? I just use "The Weather Channel", but I gotta believe there's a better source.

Thanks!

I dont really know if there is a superstar weather app.  I guess it depends sort of what you are looking for, short range, or long range, and by long range i mean a week.  Accuweathers 90 day outlook is a joke.  i watch the weather alot for work.  I usually compare 3 sites, accuweather, weatherbug, and weather underground(same as accuweather btw).  If all 3 say its going to rain tomorrow, its pretty likely that will happen.  if they all sort of show something different, then roll the dice, pick one.  I am pretty sure those three base their forecast off of different models.  

Dark sky is kind of a cool app.  Forecast Adviser is interesting, being it shows the accuracy of different sites.  EPAWA is kind of interesting.  Problem with weather apps and such is how often they are updated throughout the day.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Schif said:

Doesn't look like any snowmaking windows for the next week and some rain on the horizon. Saturday morning could be a little spicy. 

Saturday morning will be nice conditions just like yesterday morning and not supposed to rain until afternoon.  Blue can last a solid 2-3 weeks without snowmaking. I hope you like midway and Main Street cause that’s what we’ll be skiing and riding for weeks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toast21602 said:

The 2nd week in December is looking good for some non-stop snow making if the long range forecast holds. Would likely see the 6pack open late that weekend on the 8/9th or sometime mid-week. Hopefully it holds. 

Double or nothing?  I still owe you.  

I think its possible, and i so want it to happen, but i like to bet.  

• Thanks 1