Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

4" on top of the Madonna already from dawn patrol reports...........

Winter Storm Watch

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT436 AM EDT FRI MAR 28 2014VTZ003-006-008-016>018-281300-/O.NEW.KBTV.WS.A.0005.140330T0000Z-140330T1800Z//O.CON.KBTV.WW.Y.0012.000000T0000Z-140328T1600Z/ORLEANS-LAMOILLE-WASHINGTON-EASTERN FRANKLIN-EASTERN CHITTENDEN-EASTERN ADDISON-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEWPORT...JOHNSON...STOWE...MONTPELIER...ENOSBURG FALLS...RICHFORD...UNDERHILL...BRISTOL...RIPTON436 AM EDT FRI MAR 28 2014...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EDTTODAY......WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGHSUNDAY AFTERNOON...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON CONTINUES THE WINTERWEATHER ADVISORY FOR MIXED PRECIPITATION...UNTIL NOON EDT TODAY.A WINTER STORM WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR SATURDAY EVENINGTHROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON.* LOCATIONS...NORTH CENTRAL VERMONT.* HAZARD TYPES...MIXED PRECIPITATION THIS MORNING...HEAVY SNOW  SATURDAY EVENING INTO SUNDAY.* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 2 INCHES...  ALONG WITH UP TO TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE THROUGH THIS MORNING.  POTENTIAL FOR 6 TO 10 INCHES OF HEAVY DENSE SNOW SATURDAY  EVENING INTO SUNDAY.* MAXIMUM SNOWFALL RATE...UP TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR...MAINLY EARLY  SUNDAY MORNING.* TIMING...SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP EARLY THIS MORNING AND  BRIEFLY MIX WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN BEFORE QUICKLY CHANGING  TO RAIN BY MID-MORNING. SNOW RETURNS LATE SATURDAY  EVENING...BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES THROUGH MID-MORNING SUNDAY.* IMPACTS...DIFFICULT TRAVEL CONDITIONS DUE TO A THIN GLAZE OF  SNOW...SLEET AND ICE THIS MORNING. SNOW COVERED ROADS SATURDAY  EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY.* VISIBILITIES...AS LOW AS A HALF MILE AT TIMES IN HEAVY SNOW.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...ORFREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FORSLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILEDRIVING.A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANTSNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL.CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.PLEASE STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO...YOUR LOCAL MEDIA...ORGO TO WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BURLINGTON FOR FURTHER UPDATES ON THISWEATHER SITUATION.
Edited by moe ghoul

Moe ghoul when are you going back to Vermont? Looks like the Rockies are gonna get dumped on this next week as well.

Already laid the groundwork for a Sun/Mon departure if I want to go. Got some Smuggs friends reporting back via text. My only concern is the potential for icing and outages. Small window for powder instead of the wet dense and a warm up on Tuesday. Glad I cleaned my roof off the last time, this could be a heavy load.

Anyone over 21 who isn't a fuck up wants to go up for a few days, there's a spare bed or 2. Sun - Friday. PM if interested.

I'm going to hit Smuggs on Tuesday if your interested. Looks like they have the Bush in the 10-14" range. It's going to be elevation based and wet, but snow is snow. Edited by Ride Delaware ?

I thought you guys were moving up there? She just likes that D

We have, we vacation in Philly to take care of her mom. Responsibilities and family takes priority.

From Jay's site:

Friday March 28th, 2014 | Updated 3:26 pm

35°F

Ugh.

Hang on folks; we’re in for a bit of a rollercoaster ride the next 48 hours. Three inches of snow this morning, rain this afternoon, sun and forties tomorrow, then umm... over a foot of snow. Seriously, all forecasts are pointing to Jay Peak for the rain snow line, and if it all comes in as snow, then we’re looking at 10 – 20 inches. Woah.

We have, we vacation in Philly to take care of her mom. Responsibilities and family takes priority.

From Jay's site:

Friday March 28th, 2014 | Updated 3:26 pm

35°F

Ugh.

Hang on folks; we’re in for a bit of a rollercoaster ride the next 48 hours. Three inches of snow this morning, rain this afternoon, sun and forties tomorrow, then umm... over a foot of snow. Seriously, all forecasts are pointing to Jay Peak for the rain snow line, and if it all comes in as snow, then we’re looking at 10 – 20 inches. Woah.

It's floating all over the place. I think the absolute all rain line is somewhere around Killington. Sugarbush is going to be all elevation. Up high a foot plus, down low, who knows. It's gone back and forth just within the last couple hours.

It's floating all over the place. I think the absolute all rain line is somewhere around Killington. Sugarbush is going to be all elevation. Up high a foot plus, down low, who knows. It's gone back and forth just within the last couple hours.

Yeah, I was looking at the updated info this AM, totals have backed down a bit, this one is all over the map. My guess is rain in the low lands, mix as you get up to 2000FT and snow above that with the rain line trailing further north as the storm passes through. Looks like N.VT still gets 6 or more. More snow in the forecast for Wednesday. Hoping the roads will be decent by tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, I was looking at the updated info this AM, totals have backed down a bit, this one is all over the map. My guess is rain in the low lands, mix as you get up to 2000FT and snow above that with the rain line trailing further north as the storm passes through. Looks like N.VT still gets 6 or more. More snow in the forecast for Wednesday. Hoping the roads will be decent by tomorrow afternoon.

Precip just started here and is currently a legit wintry mix with snow, sleet, and some rain in there as well. There's an inversion currently, but temps should flip as the front comes through. Depending on the site it looks elevation based with anywhere from 1-6 inches with rain or all snow. Same for the NEK.