Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

I remember when Ashleigh from CB posted on here that CB was closing due to cold. The blue crowd crucified her

That will change once the hotel is built. They won't want to sell week long ski and stay packages and have to refund. Saw it all the time at SR. Day resorts like Wildcat and Abram would close, but all the resorts would stay open.

Blue and Boulder are both closing today because PJM is discriminating againts those customers that like the constant flow of electricity.

Rolling blackouts to handle the electric demands of the cold temps.

Edited by JFskiDan

Blue and Boulder are both closing today because PJM is discriminating againts those customers that like the constant flow of electricity.

Rolling blackouts to handle the electric demands of the cold temps.

I think I overheard something similar going on down here, dropping the voltage or something that homeowners wouldn't notice, KYW has been running frequent PSA for lowering usage until 9PM.

I think I overheard something similar going on down here, dropping the voltage or something that homeowners wouldn't notice, KYW has been running frequent PSA for lowering usage until 9PM.

I'm kinda hoping they really dont do the rolling blackouts in the poconos...i hope the electricity stays on at my place, or it could be a problem.

same boat.

tarpon heads froze last week if you missed the earlier posts.

my question is: how does one unfreeze pipes?

seems like i have to wait till the weather gets above 32?

leaving the faucets on wont help (isnt helping) if its already frozen

i dont have a hairdryer or anything. plus its probably froze under the house anyway

same boat.

tarpon heads froze last week if you missed the earlier posts.

my question is: how does one unfreeze pipes?

seems like i have to wait till the weather gets above 32?

leaving the faucets on wont help (isnt helping) if its already frozen

i dont have a hairdryer or anything. plus its probably froze under the house anyway

Looks like LV may not thaw until Saturday so u may wish to be more proactive. I'm lame and used a hair drier; better ways for sure. Find out which and be prepared to crawl. Good luck!

sounds like a job for my landlord lol.

this is a one story house. no basement. house sits on the ground basically - the dude built it himself. faucet lines are plastic but the heat/washer/bath lines are copper with mixed plastic so who knows what the fuck is under the floor.

i will see what landlord does.

sounds like a job for my landlord lol.

this is a one story house. no basement. house sits on the ground basically - the dude built it himself. faucet lines are plastic but the heat/washer/bath lines are copper with mixed plastic so who knows what the fuck is under the floor.

i will see what landlord does.

Well, if the house sits on the ground without a crawl space, then it could be good or bad news. It could mean the lines are frozen underground, which is really unlikely, or is means that the line is frozen on the outside of the house it comes up on the outside of the wall, which gives you a spot to pinpoint.

As for electric with ski resorts, that really sucks, but it makes sense. The only states I know that don't have to deal with it are the resorts in Maine where they are allowed to buy in bulk. Contract says that they own it regardless of need. If they want it back, they have to buy it back at the going rate. Sunday River used to buy significantly more than it used so it could sell it back and make a profit.

You obviously aren't paying the heating bill. I have electric heat. I know my next bill will probably be the highest it's ever been...

my past electric bill was almost $200 for a 1000sq. foot apartment. Place is all sorts of drafty. This is by far the most expensive electric bill yet.